Suggestions for a comfortable IWB for Glock 19

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
bbracken677
Posts in topic: 4

Suggestions for a comfortable IWB for Glock 19

Post by bbracken677 »

I am in the process of researching what IWB holster I will buy for my Glock 19.

I have visited the thread on IWB holsters and came away with, what seems to be, some solid suggestions:

King Tuck
Alien Gear (however, I will not wait months for delivery)
MTac holster

These 3 seem to be, from what I took away from the thread, the 3 best choices for an IWB holster that is comfy and effective.

I m currently looking at the Comp-Tac MTAC Holster. The Alien Gear is intriguing, but I am not patient enough to wait that long for it.

Any input? Other suggestion?

Thanks in advance!

TexasJohnBoy
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Suggestions for a comfortable IWB for Glock 19

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

I don't think the Alien Gear holsters have that long of a wait anymore, but I will say it is worth it if they are. I have the Alien Gear Cloak Tuck 2.0, and am very happy with mine. I thought I got an email recently from them that said they are able to ship in 3 days now...
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

John Galt
Posts in topic: 2

Post by John Galt »

TexasJohnBoy wrote:I don't think the Alien Gear holsters have that long of a wait anymore, but I will say it is worth it if they are. I have the Alien Gear Cloak Tuck 2.0, and am very happy with mine. I thought I got an email recently from them that said they are able to ship in 3 days now...
I just got mine from them, and it took about a week from ordering to receiving.

Topic author
bbracken677
Posts in topic: 4

Post by bbracken677 »

TexasJohnBoy wrote:I don't think the Alien Gear holsters have that long of a wait anymore, but I will say it is worth it if they are. I have the Alien Gear Cloak Tuck 2.0, and am very happy with mine. I thought I got an email recently from them that said they are able to ship in 3 days now...
Odd...just yesterday or the day before I visited their website and saw the ominous orders were delayed or something along those lines type warning. Today no such warning.

Thanks! I will likely go with them, since AG seemed to have the most support in the forums. They were my previous first choice but it seemed I would be waiting a month or longer for delivery.

rentz

Post by rentz »

I like comptac particularly the infidel ultra , I'd say also take a look at stealth gear that's who I'm going with for my next holster

STEELTRIP1N

Post by STEELTRIP1N »

N82 TACTICAL HOLSTER R VERY COMFORTABLE

Richbirdhunter

Post by Richbirdhunter »

I've been very happy with my Cross Breed holster
Disclaimer: Anything I state can not be applied to 100% of all situations. Sometimes it's ok to speak in general terms.

goose

Post by goose »

My Mtac is my most comfortable holster. It is also the least fun to put on. Not a deal breaker, but information for you.
NRA Endowment - NRA RSO - Μολὼν λάβε

jrs_diesel

Post by jrs_diesel »

My Triple T holster has been very comfortable. No rivet heads on the inside to poke at your skin. They are made here in Texas too ! :txflag:
J.R.

Cjwglock19

Post by Cjwglock19 »

I use a Blackhawk ARC and it's great!
"You can say 'stop' or 'alto' or use any other word you think will work but I've found that a large bore muzzle pointed at someone's head is pretty much the universal language."

- Clint Smith

Countryside
Banned

Post by Countryside »

I have found that "IWB" and "comfortable" really don't go in the same sentence. :lol: I think "tolerable" is more accurate. I have the Alien Gear Tuck 3 and like it. I have also found that there is more to it than just the holster as far as comfort goes. A quality, sturdy belt and a bit bigger waist size will help, too.
Alien Gear was quite prompt...and this was only about 3 weeks ago.

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

The Crossbreed Supertuck is popular: http://www.crossbreedholsters.com/Hotca ... fault.aspx. I have a MTAC Minotaur, which is similar to the Supertuck, but I haven't carried IWB in several years.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

mescobar_rpls
Posts in topic: 2

Post by mescobar_rpls »

You should also look at:
crossbreedseconds.com

They have slightly used items for a fraction of the original price. I have bought several holsters this way and have been very pleased. I bought my first crossbreed at full price and the rest (3 additional) from their 'seconds' inventory. If I remember correctly, the 'seconds' came within a week of me sending a check.

ELB

Post by ELB »

I carry a Glock 19 all the time with AIWB holsters. This is the holster I generally use: Raven Concealment Systems Vanguard 2 Kit. It basically covers just the trigger guard and has a loop to attach to the belt, or if you prefer, you can eliminate the loop and use a lanyard. It is by far the least bulky IWB holster I have come across, and all around the most comfortable, or as Countryside says, "tolerable." It has it's drawbacks, but overall I like it very much. $35 for the "kit" version, $20 for just the lanyard version.

I also have this one and have used it quite a bit: Dale Fricke Archangel. $95. It is also very good, pretty minimalist for a full-coverage holster.

I like the Vanguard better because it is the least bulky, since there are not two layers of Kydex between me and the waist band in addition to the gun, but the Fricke Archangel is pretty minimalist too, and I know a lot of guys who carry their G19 in it.

I have had Comp-tac holsters, and they make good stuff, I carried one for a long time, but I prefer holsters constructed with less "stuff".
USAF 1982-2005

Blaize4286

Post by Blaize4286 »

Stealthgear is by far the most comfortable IWB I have worn. I wish I would have bit the bullet, and bought it before the other 5 or 6 I tried.
An unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”