Texas3006 site blowing up

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Shotgun_jeremy
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Texas3006 site blowing up

Post by Shotgun_jeremy »

baldeagle wrote:Welcome to the forum. You'll find more rational discussion of firearms laws here than many other places.
I've been watching and agree. I have another Texas forum that I use to talk guns and things are pretty decent over there, but it's nice to get a fresh set of opinions and viewpoints from time to time.

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

JBSr wrote:Please provide locations. Otherwise, you appear to be an agitator promoting another site. JMHO.
You need to read more in the Forum before posting a ridiculous post. The 3006 site he is brining up is owned by one of the member here and heavily supported.

We are glad you are here, but you need to read more than post maybe for a few days.

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

JBSr wrote:
carlson1 wrote:
JBSr wrote:Please provide locations. Otherwise, you appear to be an agitator promoting another site. JMHO.
You need to read more in the Forum before posting a ridiculous post. The 3006 site he is brining up is owned by one of the member here and heavily supported.

We are glad you are here, but you need to read more than post maybe for a few days.
Again, I am simply not an alarmist, even for a newbie to a message board. :)
I don't know what you are, but my suggestion is above. You keep up these antics and you want be here long. So stop.

mojo84
Posts in topic: 4

Post by mojo84 »

JBSr wrote:
baldeagle wrote:
JBSr wrote:I will just sit then and watch site promotion at its best and observe the sky as it falls. :)
You're new here. Maybe should adopt the newbie rule - learn a little about a place before you start making judgments.

What would be the point of promoting the 3006/7 sites other than awareness? The site is paid for by its owner and all its maintenance is done at no cost to the users. It serves one purpose - to keep gun owners informed of where they cannot legally carry. It's a public service at no cost to you, so I would suggest that mocking it puts you in a rather bad light.
I am simply not much of an alarmist, even as a newbie to a message board....lmao.

You are not even making sense. The site is simply a searchable repository of places that post 30.06 and 30.07 signs so people can see if the places are off limits or not before arriving there. What is your problem with that?

It is also factual and reasonable to believe the site is getting a lot of activity at the moment because of the recent law change and the new postings. Why do you not seem to understand that and keep with the mocking tone?
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

tomtexan
Posts in topic: 1

Post by tomtexan »

JBSr wrote:
Again, I am simply not an alarmist, even for a newbie to a message board. :)
You are not making any sense with that statement.
The laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.
NRA Life Member

TexasFlash

Post by TexasFlash »

Same here; getting lots of notifications for San Antonio/Austin area; mostly 30.07 and mostly HEB's
:txflag:

howdy

Post by howdy »

The Houston, Katy area has been quiet.
Texas LTC Instructor
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Life Patron Member TSRA Member
USMC 1972-1979

rtschl

Post by rtschl »

Just got back in from out of state and my phone was blowing up for DFW notifications. Sent a few messages to friends and sure enough, they too have been seeing signs all around Fort Worth going up the past two days. Looks like all the movie theaters and mall near me are now posted for BOTH 30.06 and 30.07 when none were posted before this weekend. Thanks OCT/OCTC :mad5

Russell, thanks for Texas3006.com and for everyone in the community for updating it.
Ron
NRA Member

Revogod

Post by Revogod »

I'm in San Antonio and received 10 notices today. Jim's, Las Palapas, Cinemark, RBFCU, Alamo Draft House, Cheddars and HEB were all added for 30.07. University Bowling, Metropolitan Methodist and the Manheim Auto Auction were added for 30.06 or both today. Actually thought about disabling the notices because they have been coming fast and frequent. Fortunately, most have been 30.07 which I dont really plan have apply to me anyway.

Chris

Mike1951

Post by Mike1951 »

howdy wrote:The Houston, Katy area has been quiet.
I've gotten 17 for Houston since Jan 1. Chuy's in Katy has new 30.07 signage and of course the H-E-bull.
Mike
AF5MS
TSRA Life Member
NRA Benefactor Member

TexasRifleman

Post by TexasRifleman »

How do you know these are NEW signs going up and not just people finally putting entries in?

I've found that site to be basically worthless, even though a great idea. Maybe open carry is simply getting people to actually USE it.

cyphertext

Post by cyphertext »

TexasRifleman wrote:How do you know these are NEW signs going up and not just people finally putting entries in?

I've found that site to be basically worthless, even though a great idea. Maybe open carry is simply getting people to actually USE it.
I agree that 30.07 is causing folks to actually look and report to that site, but I would in no way call it useless. It depends on people reporting, and prior to this week, there just weren't that many places posted that hadn't previously been reported.

rp_photo

Post by rp_photo »

I realize this is just my opinion and not legally correct, but as I see it, there's a good likelihood that an establishment changing from no posting to both 30.06 and 30.07 intended to ban open carry only, possibly due to "pressure" or inaccurate advice.
CHL since 2/2011
Glock 26, S&W 442, Ruger SP101 .357 3",
S&W M&P 40, Remington 870 Express 12 ga 18"

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

JBSr wrote:I will just sit then and watch site promotion at its best and observe the sky as it falls. :)
With your posts, it is you that appears to be the troll
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

Mike1951

Post by Mike1951 »

rp_photo wrote:I realize this is just my opinion and not legally correct, but as I see it, there's a good likelihood that an establishment changing from no posting to both 30.06 and 30.07 intended to ban open carry only, possibly due to "pressure" or inaccurate advice.
I foresee some campaigns reminiscent of the late '90s. I don't see it changing the 30.07 postings, but some 30.06 signage could come down.
Mike
AF5MS
TSRA Life Member
NRA Benefactor Member

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”