New Law Book 2015-2016 online now!

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
infoman
Posts in topic: 1

New Law Book 2015-2016 online now!

Post by infoman »

DPS just put the new updated 2015-2016 Law Book on the website. You can find it on "downloadable forms", it's CHL-16.

ScottDLS

Re: New Law Book 2015-2016 online now!

Post by ScottDLS »

infoman wrote:DPS just put the new updated 2015-2016 Law Book on the website. You can find it on "downloadable forms", it's CHL-16.

Wow! That was fast! :tiphat: :txflag:
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

SlowDave

Post by SlowDave »

And... a link is always nice.
http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/InternetFo ... CHL-16.pdf

You're welcome!

stealthfightrf17
Posts in topic: 2

Post by stealthfightrf17 »

So property is never defined as to what it covers. Does that mean if I go to a gas station and there is a 30.06 sign in the door, I just trespassed because I entered the parking lot??

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

stealthfightrf17 wrote:So property is never defined as to what it covers. Does that mean if I go to a gas station and there is a 30.06 sign in the door, I just trespassed because I entered the parking lot??
No. It should be at the entrance of the parking lot or business.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

SlowDave wrote:And... a link is always nice.
http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/InternetFo ... CHL-16.pdf

You're welcome!
:tiphat:
NRA Endowment Member

Caliber

Post by Caliber »

Beiruty wrote:
stealthfightrf17 wrote:So property is never defined as to what it covers. Does that mean if I go to a gas station and there is a 30.06 sign in the door, I just trespassed because I entered the parking lot??
Just to be clear, you're saying that 30.06/30.07 can be posted at the entrance of a parking lot or parking garage? Is there a difference between "property" and "premises" (because "premises" does not include a parking lot unless it's a school, etc.)?

JP171
Banned

Post by JP171 »

Caliber wrote:
Beiruty wrote:
Just to be clear, you're saying that 30.06/30.07 can be posted at the entrance of a parking lot or parking garage? Is there a difference between "property" and "premises" (because "premises" does not include a parking lot unless it's a school, etc.)?
yes there is a difference between property and premises and school parking lots, sidewalks are NOT off limits and cannot be posted however a private parking lot or park can be as long as it meets the signage requirements

Seabear

Post by Seabear »

I posted about the new CHL 16 yesterday. I hate how it is set up with all the repetition of when things take or took effect. Makes it hard for the average Joe to follow along. I used to provide one to all my students, I think the way this is laid out I will make a handout instead. :rules:
Carry safe and carry when and where you can. I'm just sayin'.

Caliber

Post by Caliber »

JP171 wrote:
Caliber wrote:
Beiruty wrote:
yes there is a difference between property and premises and school parking lots, sidewalks are NOT off limits and cannot be posted however a private parking lot or park can be as long as it meets the signage requirements
OK, thanks. I suppose one exception is that one can have a gun INSIDE the car that's on the parking lot (or parking garage) but not OUTSIDE the car. Correct?

Another exception would be, say an apartment complex parking lot (that has 30.06/30.07 posted) where a person is transporting a gun from their car to their apartment (where they live).
Correct?

JP171
Banned

Post by JP171 »

Caliber wrote:
JP171 wrote:
Caliber wrote:
Beiruty wrote:
OK, thanks. I suppose one exception is that one can have a gun INSIDE the car that's on the parking lot (or parking garage) but not OUTSIDE the car. Correct?

Another exception would be, say an apartment complex parking lot (that has 30.06/30.07 posted) where a person is transporting a gun from their car to their apartment (where they live).
Correct?
not correct at schools you may walk around the parking lot, sidewalks and so forth as long as a school sponsored activity is taking place and school let out isn't a school sponsored activity, if its a private parking lot then if the lot is posted you cannot have it outside your car. moving between your car and apartment cannot be stopped walking around the complex can

Crossfire

Post by Crossfire »

:headscratch What am I missing? All I see is the 2013-2014 book, last updated June 2014.
Texas LTC Instructor, FFL, IdentoGO Fingerprinting Partner
http://www.Crossfire-Training.com

Crossfire

Post by Crossfire »

OK, I take it back. Must have been a glitch! It is there now.
Texas LTC Instructor, FFL, IdentoGO Fingerprinting Partner
http://www.Crossfire-Training.com

Solaris
Banned

Post by Solaris »

Since you did not know it was there, no you did not trespass. But now that you have seen the sign, staying is trespassing.

stealthfightrf17

Post by stealthfightrf17 »

Beiruty wrote:

For 30.07 it does state it must be at the entrance, but that is not stated for 30.06. That is where I am at a loss. I can see a small few of the buisness we use are now posted 30.06 at the door, just trying to figure out what that all covers now at this point.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”