Range membership advice

Places to practice & train

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
TrueBlu
Posts in topic: 7

Range membership advice

Post by TrueBlu »

What would you do?? My son and I shot at a local range. Really close to my house. Not too nice but functional. Owner introduced himself, told us it was a private range, but we could shoot all day for $45. Yearly dues of $350. So if I joined I'd pay $305. Sent in application and check for $305. Cashed my check in early November. I've left multiple phone messages. Talked to him once about two months ago. He said he'd send my ID card. Never saw anything. Left more messages. Sent 5 e mails. All ignored. I am the confrontational type so I'm a little concerned about going to his place of business. It's now the principle of the deal. Would you write it off as bad judgement, file a small claims suit, what? As a CHL I know better than to put myself in a situation on private property that could become a legal issue. I don't need the money but I also am not a fan of having this joker steal my $305. Thoughts?

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Range membership advice

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Small claims court. The shooting community doesn't need scoundrels involved in it.

Oh.... and send him a link to this thread.......
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 4

Post by The Annoyed Man »

BTW, how about letting the rest of us know what range it is, so that we don't waste our time on this moron.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Topic author
TrueBlu

Post by TrueBlu »

You know, I intentionally didn't include the name of the range. But I'm not sure at this point he deserves respect, and I have now asked for my money back, in writing, on multiple occasions. So, it's Fusion Range in Forney.
Last edited by TrueBlu on Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SIRIT
Posts in topic: 3

Post by SIRIT »

Crappy situation. You have to get over the confrontational side of things and keep a level head. Go is disarmed, calm, and with whatever paperwork you have (copy of application,bank statement, anything else) talked to him and if there still is nothing done inform him that it will be taken to court and calmly leave. If the card is issued or a refund given shake the guys hand and let the past be the past.

And before someone jumps on me for saying go disarmed the guy has admitted to knowing he has a confrontational side so that takes one variable that could make the whole thing go south quick.

And if YOU are that short tempered you don't need to be carrying a gun.

Topic author
TrueBlu

Post by TrueBlu »

I think it's funny you assume I am a hair away from shooting someone when I say I am confrontational. No wonder people might hesitate to ask a question on this site. Sheesh!

mrvmax

Post by mrvmax »

TrueBlu wrote:I think it's funny you assume I am a hair away from shooting someone when I say I am confrontational. No wonder people might hesitate to ask a question on this site. Sheesh!
He didn't state you were a hair away from shooting someone but although rate, there are cases of CHL holders who let their tempers flare and the end result was not good. Nobody has a clue how confrontational you are and I think he was just trying to help.

SIRIT

Post by SIRIT »

TrueBlu wrote:I think it's funny you assume I am a hair away from shooting someone when I say I am confrontational. No wonder people might hesitate to ask a question on this site. Sheesh!
Look at your statement. You said yourself you didn't want to go in there for that reason. You also posted it on a CHL forum. So by putting those two together do you see how someone might think that?

SIRIT

Post by SIRIT »

WOW and when you go to there site big banner on there "SUPPORTER OF OCT".

Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Pawpaw »

Worse that that, it says "Official Partner of OCT".

That seals it for me. I wouldn't go there on a bet and Forney isn't too far away from me.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Breny414
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Breny414 »

mrvmax wrote:
He didn't state you were a hair away from shooting someone but although rate, there are cases of CHL holders who let their tempers flare and the end result was not good. Nobody has a clue how confrontational you are and I think he was just trying to help.
My lecture meter did not kick into high gear when I read the OP original post. He was asking for advice. Plain and simple. If I were out $300, I would be confrontational, too. just sayin'

mrvmax

Post by mrvmax »

Breny414 wrote:
mrvmax wrote:
My lecture meter did not kick into high gear when I read the OP original post. He was asking for advice. Plain and simple. If I were out $300, I would be confrontational, too. just sayin'
As long as confrontational does not turn into a bad shoot and life behind bars, I don't think that is worth trying to get back $300. We all interpret confrontational differently.

joe817

Post by joe817 »

Nifty looking website:

http://www.fusiongunrange.com/

But with the opening page, I got shivers up my spine. :shock:

Thanks, but no thanks.
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

truckster
Posts in topic: 1

Post by truckster »

I thought the same thing. Some people have a negative connotation with that word. I took your use of being confrontational in that you won't be bullied or treated as second class and you'd let the guy know he was fostering a terrible relationship with a potential long term member.

I too am the confrontational type but I'm quite tactful and methodical in my approach when needed.

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

This is one reason why I use credit cards whenever possible.

First, decide how much this matters to you. You could go with a small claims court filing if the amount is worth your time.

Return to “Shooting Ranges”