Love these grips!

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
BulldogBorders
Posts in topic: 2

Love these grips!

Post by BulldogBorders »

I had seen this guys work in the past, but only online. I came across his booth at the Mesquite gun show this last weekend and found that his work was even better in person. Had to find an ATM and pick up a pair. Rushed home to mount them up.
Attachments
image.png
image.jpeg
NRA Benefactor Life Member - Join the NRA
http://membership.nrahq.org/default.asp ... d=XR019416

Excaliber

Re: Love these grips!

Post by Excaliber »

BulldogBorders wrote:I had seen this guys work in the past, but only online. I came across his booth at the Mesquite gun show this last weekend and found that his work was even better in person. Had to find an ATM and pick up a pair. Rushed home to mount them up.

They look to have outstanding craftsmanship, but I wouldn't suggest using grips with that motif on a carry gun.

Think about how they would be viewed by a jury of non-shooters after a shooting.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

Jusme
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Jusme »

Excaliber wrote:
BulldogBorders wrote:I had seen this guys work in the past, but only online. I came across his booth at the Mesquite gun show this last weekend and found that his work was even better in person. Had to find an ATM and pick up a pair. Rushed home to mount them up.

They look to have outstanding craftsmanship, but I wouldn't suggest using grips with that motif on a carry gun.

Think about how they would be viewed by a jury of non-shooters after a shooting.

:iagree:

I like the look of them, but it could have a negative connotation, if it as held up in front of a jury of your peers.JMHO
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Excaliber wrote:

Beat me to it.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

I had the same concerns as other have posted above. But I also wanted some nice looking, original grips to replace the wraparound grips that came with my Colt Defender. So I settled on these.

http://wickedgrips.com/product/1911-off ... exas-flag/

They are Alumagrips that have custom artwork anodized on.

Topic author
BulldogBorders

Post by BulldogBorders »

Excaliber wrote:

I did think of that, believe me I always think of that scenario. Especially when I go to gun shows and see signs that say things like "we don't dial 911." I view them as a work of art for myself to enjoy just as I would a painting on the wall of my home. This is not my EDC. I even made the decision if I were to take this one for range time I would swap them out if I were shooting more than a few hundred rounds that day.
NRA Benefactor Life Member - Join the NRA
http://membership.nrahq.org/default.asp ... d=XR019416

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

BulldogBorders wrote:
Excaliber wrote:

I did think of that, believe me I always think of that scenario. Especially when I go to gun shows and see signs that say things like "we don't dial 911." I view them as a work of art for myself to enjoy just as I would a painting on the wall of my home. This is not my EDC. I even made the decision if I were to take this one for range time I would swap them out if I were shooting more than a few hundred rounds that day.
Hey, I have that sign at my house, right over my back door. I just consider it fair warning. Then again, if someone breaks into my house, it is pretty unlikely that a SD shooting by me would be questionable, at least in Texas (cue the hypothetical corner case analyses). Much greater risk of that if I am out and about, IMHO.

I was considering having a small table next to the door with a bible and a sign encouraging any BG's to please make peace with their creator before entering, but I was worried about being sued for religious discrimination.

Excaliber

Post by Excaliber »

BulldogBorders wrote:
Excaliber wrote:

You apparently understand the issues and are working around them in reasonable fashion.

By all means I hope you enjoy your artfully crafted grips for many years to come.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

JerryK

Post by JerryK »

Here is where "We don't call 911" came into play in the past few days. It was displayed over the front door with a hanging symbol of a pistol and written out in a large sign <:)

Shots were fired by both but the BG lost. I think the home owner was using a shot gun.

bmwrdr

Post by bmwrdr »

Excaliber wrote:

1. Scarry enough to think about a jury looking at the motif of the gun grip instead of the facts.
2. If that would be a matter a pink grip with an Easter bunny motif would possibly get you a free pass to mass murder.

Any thoughts about the (in)competency of such a jury?
I scarified political correctness to preserve honesty ︻╦̵̵͇̿̿̿̿══╤─

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”