I hate it when a plan fails...

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
G.A. Heath
Posts in topic: 7

I hate it when a plan fails...

Post by G.A. Heath »

I hate it when plans fail, but at least I plan for failure! I planned to make a run to Lubbock today, get an OHV sticker for my Jeep, and maybe check out a few things around Lubbock. Then my Boss suggests I look into something he saw at Academy in Midland, so I called and two of my list of guns that I really want were in stock as a single pistol so I changed plans, new plan was go to Midland.

I get to Midland, purchase the gun I wanted and I tracked down an Indoor range so I could fire a few rounds. All is working out according to plan until I get ready to leave, and then I see it. In the case is another pistol on my list of guns that I really want, and the price is acceptable.

The three items on my list of guns that I really want were:
10mm 1911 platform.
STI Lawman
Colt 1911.

I came home to Gaines County with these:
How do you explain a dog named Sauer without first telling the story of a Puppy named Sig?
R.I.P. Sig, 08/21/2019 - 11/18/2019

tyree
Posts in topic: 1

Re: I hate it when a plan fails...

Post by tyree »

I congratulate you on your taste and your success in finding those beauties. You have some very nice pistols! I hope you're able to really enjoy them.

Topic author
G.A. Heath

Post by G.A. Heath »

I enjoyed the Delta Elite today, I wish I had more time and I would have enjoyed the STI Lawman as well. Maybe I can get to the range during the week, also I feel I need to point out that these two were pretty high up on my list, in fact three out of the four top spots are now marked off. Now when I rebuild my cash reserves I may look at adding a Republic Forge (Another Texas manufacturer) pistol to the mix. Maybe something with a Case Color finish, Mammoth Ivory Grips, ...

While I was purchasing these I was OCing a Kimber TLE II, and CCing a Sig P938...
How do you explain a dog named Sauer without first telling the story of a Puppy named Sig?

joe817

Post by joe817 »

Wow! :shock: I'd say a failure well done! :clapping: I'm truly happy for you, and we expect a FULL range report ASAP. :tiphat:
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

FastCarry

Post by FastCarry »

One of the most successful failures in recorded history. Nice pieces. I need to grow my 1911 collection.

Topic author
G.A. Heath

Post by G.A. Heath »

When I fail I tend to do so in a spectacular manner. The failure is that I did not get the OHV sticker I wanted for my Jeep.

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 2

Post by The Annoyed Man »

How does that Delta Elite shoot? The only 10mm I ever shot was a Glock. I've never shot the caliber in any other platform.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Topic author
G.A. Heath

Post by G.A. Heath »

The Annoyed Man wrote:How does that Delta Elite shoot? The only 10mm I ever shot was a Glock. I've never shot the caliber in any other platform.
It shoots nicely, I haven't shot it side by side with my Glock 20sf yet but I think the felt recoil is slightly greater on the Delta Elite but the sharpness of the recoil is much less. Then again it may be my pre-conceived notions of how it should have recoiled compared to my 1911s in .45.

TxRVer

Post by TxRVer »

G.A. Heath wrote:When I fail I tend to do so in a spectacular manner. The failure is that I did not get the OHV sticker I wanted for my Jeep.
Order by phone, call the TPWD Service Center at (512) 389-8917 Monday through Friday, 9 am to 6 pm CST.
Charlie

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

Some people fail better than others. :tiphat:
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

JRG

Post by JRG »

G.A. Heath wrote:When I fail I tend to do so in a spectacular manner. The failure is that I did not get the OHV sticker I wanted for my Jeep.
Nice guns. I have but one question......What is an OHV sticker?

Joe :confused5

Topic author
G.A. Heath

Post by G.A. Heath »

The short version is An OHV sticker is required for off roading on property that receives state money.

I prefer to go get them in person so that I can use them shortly afterwards.

tomtexan

Post by tomtexan »

G.A. Heath wrote:The short version is An OHV sticker is required for off roading on property that receives state money.

I thought maybe it was a sticker to let people know you had a Over Head Valve engine. :biggrinjester:
The laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.
NRA Life Member

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

G.A. Heath wrote:The short version is An OHV sticker is required for off roading on property that receives state money.

You mean like on the way home? :mrgreen:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Topic author
G.A. Heath

Post by G.A. Heath »

The Annoyed Man wrote:

You mean like on the way home? :mrgreen:
Exactly, the same reason I dropped in on the indoor range where I got the STI, I wanted to use the Delta Elite on the way home. Maybe I should add that OHV stands for Off Highway Vehicle.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”