Facebook Rejected my LTC Class Ad

A meeting place for CHL instructors

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
BCGlocker
Posts in topic: 2

Facebook Rejected my LTC Class Ad

Post by BCGlocker »

So after I created my new LTC Instructor’s page on Facebook a couple months ago, I endured several weeks of unwanted solicitation by FB to promote my event, I finally decided to give this promotion a try for $20. Shortly after submitting the ad, I received a rejection email citing “Your ad isn't approved because it doesn't comply with our Advertising Policies. You can click the ad name below to see why it wasn't approved and edit the ad to have it reviewed again.” After following FB’s link for detail explanation, it said FB does not approve the “the promotion and the sale of firearms, ammunition…

I am not even sure I want to spent my money to promote my classes at FB, however, I resent the idea they can disapprove my ad especially is not even related to the sale of guns and ammunitions. I can’t help but feel my rights has been violated. I wrote them and stated I am not “selling” rather teaching safety and Texas gun laws. Let’s see if FB will respond.
Texas LTC Instructor
Texas SSO Instructor
USCCA Certified Instructor
Range Master Certified Instructor

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Facebook Rejected my LTC Class Ad

Post by RoyGBiv »

Good luck with FB.!!

I fear you are.....

I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Greybeard
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Greybeard »

You may just be dealing with the wrong bimbo. I went to my FB page and it was not there today, but I have seen one rather frequently by another LTC class instructor in this area. it sometimes comes up in the number # position in news feed as "sponsored". If I see it again, I will try to post it here so you can send it to your bimbo.
CHL Instructor since 1995
http://www.dentoncountysports.com "A Private Palace for Pistol Proficiency"

Topic author
BCGlocker
Posts in topic: 2

Post by BCGlocker »

FB has reversed its position:

"Thank you for notifying us about your ad disapproval. We've reviewed your ad again and have determined it complies with our policies. Your ad is now approved. Your ad is now active and will start delivering soon."
Texas LTC Instructor
Texas SSO Instructor
USCCA Certified Instructor
Range Master Certified Instructor

Return to “Instructors' Corner”