What's going on in Washington, D.C.?

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
dale blanker
Banned
Posts in topic: 7

Is Boehner to be believed?

Post by dale blanker »

Former House Speaker John Boehner is unloading on Texas Sen. Ted Cruz, calling him "Lucifer in the flesh."

"I get along with almost everyone, but I have never worked with a more miserable son of a gun in my life," Boehner tells students at Stanford University according to The Stanford Daily.
"Fellowship, Leadership, Scholarship, Service." Anyone?

Scott Farkus
Posts in topic: 6

Re: Is Boehner to be believed?

Post by Scott Farkus »

Wow.

Lots of things I'd like to say in response to this but they probably wouldn't be allowed here. Suffice it to say that I'm not surprised Boehner was unable to get along with somebody who actually believed in advancing a conservative agenda.

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

Boehner's comments equal a strong endorsement for Cruz in my opinion. The more the Boehners and McConnells dislike and trash Cruz, the more I like him.

Weak minded people do not like it when people with strong principles stand up to them. This kind of talk only does more damage to the faltering GOP.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Scott Farkus
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Scott Farkus »

mojo84 wrote:Boehner's comments equal a strong endorsement for Cruz in my opinion. The more the Boehners and McConnells dislike and trash Cruz, the more I like him.

Weak minded people do not like it when people with strong principles stand up to them. This kind of talk only does more damage to the faltering GOP.
:iagree:

The extent to which the GOP establishment refuses to understand what's going on in the party right now is just stunning. I don't even have words for it. Not saying anything pro or con about Trump (or Cruz for that matter), but he is where he is precisely because the Boehner's of the world refused to do the job we sent them there to do.

Wow. Just... wow. :banghead:

JALLEN
Posts in topic: 4

Post by JALLEN »

Cruz says he hasn't said 50 words to Boehner lifetime.

Boatrockers are seldom appreciated. "If you want to get along, go along."
Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

Scott,
I agree. The GOP establishment has created the favorable environment for Trump.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

rtschl
Posts in topic: 1

Post by rtschl »

Scott Farkus wrote: :iagree:

The extent to which the GOP establishment refuses to understand what's going on in the party right now is just stunning. I don't even have words for it. Not saying anything pro or con about Trump (or Cruz for that matter), but he is where he is precisely because the Boehner's of the world refused to do the job we sent them there to do.

Wow. Just... wow. :banghead:
I agree, Boehner and too many other republicans are willing to go along with Democrats on so many issues and spend money we and our children and grandchildren do not have.

I put Boehner's comments along with Planned Parenthood's saying Cruz/Fiorina is "The most loathsome pair in America". These are endorsements and badges of honor.
Ron
NRA Member

ELB

Post by ELB »

Another reason to vote for Cruz.
USAF 1982-2005

ScottDLS
Posts in topic: 2

Post by ScottDLS »

Don't worry The Donald will save the 2nd Amendment for us...he has always supported it bigly, except when he didn't...and he has a NYC carry permit.
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

Solaris
Banned

Post by Solaris »

dale blanker wrote:Former House Speaker John Boehner is unloading on Texas Sen. Ted Cruz, calling him "Lucifer in the flesh."

"I get along with almost everyone, but I have never worked with a more miserable son of a gun in my life," Boehner tells students at Stanford University according to The Stanford Daily.
Boehner was fired and run out of town. Just a sore loser watching Cruz succeed.

Anytime an Establishment Politician bad-mouths Cruz or Trump, they are promoting him whether they know it or not.

Middle Age Russ

Post by Middle Age Russ »

Comments of the nature of Mr. Boehner's are one reason the GOP may again snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. Division has been a tool of the Progressive element to sow discontent and break down society. Using this tool within a political party -- IMO especially against a member who seems to adhere to and demonstrate rock-solid principles that once propelled the party to prominence and offer a marked difference from the opposing party -- is a betrayal of the values that guide the party, and an serious blow to the chances of winning the next election. Though Mr. Boehner SHOULD be ashamed of himself, I feel reasonably certain that the entire Establishment (of all parties) lack the capacity to feel shame. That the People elect such "representatives" to office is shame enough to spread around...
Russ
Stay aware and engaged. Awareness buys time; time buys options. Survival may require moving quickly past the Observe, Orient and Decide steps to ACT.
NRA Life Member, CRSO, Basic Pistol, PPITH & PPOTH Instructor, Texas 4-H Certified Pistol & Rifle Coach, Texas LTC Instructor

suthdj

Post by suthdj »

Cruz's response "He (Boehner) is getting intouch with his inner Trump"
21-Apr-09 filed online
05-Sep-09 Plastic Arrived
09-Sep-13 Plastic Arrived
21-june-18 Plasic Arrived

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

GOP .....the message will self-destruct in ... 3....2......1.... :anamatedbanana :anamatedbanana
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

Yes and that's an endorsement for T.C.

Boehner and his miserable band of RINOS are why D.T. is so popular with many.

Also, I think it would have been more strategic for T.C.'s VP choice to have been a black, gay, wheelchair bound woman, rather than the mainstream choice of C.F. who I like, but whose appeal is somewhat shaky...

However, I'll vote for Trump over Clinton any day if he's the pick.
Last edited by Abraham on Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

parabelum
Posts in topic: 8

Post by parabelum »

Wasn't Cruz ol' drunk Boehners lawyer once upon a time? Why is he upset, he did get a mill in legal fees in 08'...Boehner the Drunk that is. :headscratch

Return to “Federal”