My First CZ...

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Beiruty
Posts in topic: 7

My First CZ...

Post by Beiruty »

There is a saying, "Go big or go home".... I say: "Take the BIG home" :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Capacity: 21+1
On the way to a new home:
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

circumspice_tuebor
Posts in topic: 2

Re: My First CZ...

Post by circumspice_tuebor »

Congratulations! I picked up the black version back in January. I like mine a lot.

I installed the "Pro-Grade Parts Upgrade Kit" from Cajun Gun Works and stoned the trigger bar to get it flat and smooth. Both DA and SA trigger pull are smoother now, and a good bit lighter and crisper. It may not be your cup of tea if you are planning this for carry duty.

I did have trouble keeping the thread protector on while shooting. Now, after I clean and reassemble it I put some blue loc-tite on the barrel threads, screw the protector on, then take them apart and let them dry completely (overnight), then reassemble. It seems to keep it on for several range sessions but is not hard to disassemble. Others have used an o-ring. YMMV

Enjoy!
Micah 6:8

GlockBrandGlock
Posts in topic: 1

Post by GlockBrandGlock »

:seeya: Hi, I'm Jealous, nice to meet you
Current glocks (non-glock brand glocks):
  • Springfield XD-9 SC
    Shield 9mm
    Walther P22

Topic author
Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

circumspice_tuebor wrote:Congratulations! I picked up the black version back in January. I like mine a lot.

I installed the "Pro-Grade Parts Upgrade Kit" from Cajun Gun Works and stoned the trigger bar to get it flat and smooth. Both DA and SA trigger pull are smoother now, and a good bit lighter and crisper. It may not be your cup of tea if you are planning this for carry duty.

I did have trouble keeping the thread protector on while shooting. Now, after I clean and reassemble it I put some blue loc-tite on the barrel threads, screw the protector on, then take them apart and let them dry completely (overnight), then reassemble. It seems to keep it on for several range sessions but is not hard to disassemble. Others have used an o-ring. YMMV

Enjoy!
This CZ is for friendly competition at DPC. I know it is DA/SA, but I am sure I can find a way to lighten the pull and smooth the trigger as CZ is well supported.

I will consider any of your recommendations.
Beiruty,

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Beiruty wrote:
circumspice_tuebor wrote:Congratulations! I picked up the black version back in January. I like mine a lot.

Enjoy!
This CZ is for friendly competition at DPC. I know it is DA/SA, but I am sure I can find a way to lighten the pull and smooth the trigger as CZ is well supported.

I will consider any of your recommendations.
CajunGunWorks.com is the place to go for CZ owners. I have the full package, including the Reach Reduction Kit (RRK), in Martha's CZ75 P-01. My CZ75 Compact PCR should be delivered to my FFL tomorrow and I'm ordering the Pro Kit (including the RRK) for it tomorrow. Like circumspice_tuebor's CZ, Martha's has been polished and I'll do the same for my Compact.

Dave at Cajun Gun Works is a great guy and very helpful. If he makes a suggestion, then do what he says. He suggested some small options like a sear cage slave pin, special punch for the trigger pin, etc. and it saved a lot of time and headache.

Chas.

Edited to add: Here's a link to a thread on what and how to polish on a CZ to improve the trigger. Cajun Gun Works has a link to it on their webpage. It's on a CZ75 SP-01 so I"m not sure how much of it would apply to a P-09.

Here's another link

Abraham
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Abraham »

Some guys love to tinker - Not me.

Itty bitty parts simply disappear into the nethersphere if I get close to them. Or I reinstall backwards, or upside down and eventually throw the whole into the trash, because that's what I've reduced it to.

Qualifications aside - Can one buy from Dave with the various recommended kits installed and trigger work already done?

Obviously, this would cost extra if it's done.

Anyone know?

Charles?

Thanks!

circumspice_tuebor

Post by circumspice_tuebor »

Qualifications aside - Can one buy from Dave with the various recommended kits installed and trigger work already done?
Yes, you can order one with all the goodies. The listing indicates you have to call to order and provide a 50% deposit:

https://cajungunworks.com/product/91640 ... -p-09-9mm/
Micah 6:8

GlockShooter56

Post by GlockShooter56 »

Would love to hear how you like it after you get it to the range. I've had my eye on the P-09's for a little while now.
If guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns.

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

circumspice_tuebor,

Thank you very much!

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Abraham wrote:Some guys love to tinker - Not me.

Itty bitty parts simply disappear into the nethersphere if I get close to them. Or I reinstall backwards, or upside down and eventually throw the whole into the trash, because that's what I've reduced it to.

Obviously, this would cost extra if it's done.

Anyone know?

Charles?

Thanks!
Also, if you already have a CZ or get a good price on one, you can send it to Dave and he'll do the work on yours.

Chas.

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

Charles,

Great information, thanks!

gdanaher
Banned

Post by gdanaher »

I've had a CZ PCR for about ten years now. Great gun. You will enjoy it. Best feature tells you if it is chambered or not. Good to know in the dark at 3 am.

misterlarry

Post by misterlarry »

Congratulations! I've been wanting a CZ for a long time. I think this is the one that is on my short list.

http://cz-usa.com/product/cz-75-b-sa-9m ... 6-rd-mags/

:txflag:
01/19/2013 CHL Class - 03/25/2013 CHL Arrived
NRA Life Member
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor

Topic author
Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

misterlarry wrote:Congratulations! I've been wanting a CZ for a long time. I think this is the one that is on my short list.

http://cz-usa.com/product/cz-75-b-sa-9m ... 6-rd-mags/

:txflag:
Nice carry pistol. If you are interested look for one that has a rail for a TLR-2.
Beiruty,

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”