Ford Super Duty Security

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
RJGold
Posts in topic: 3

Ford Super Duty Security

Post by RJGold »

Good morning.

I wanted some input from folks who drive Ford Super Duty Crew Cabs with the locking storage compartments under the rear seats. What do you think about it? Would you trust it to secure a rifle or shotgun (I.e. One you leave in your pickup)? Would you trust it to secure your pistol or would you employ an additional security method if you locked it in there (i.e. A lock box secured to a seat stanchion)?

Thanks in advance for any input / opinions...
Lo que no puede cambiar, tu que debe aguantar.
Take Care.
RJ

karder
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Ford Super Duty Security

Post by karder »

I drive an F250 with the locking storage. I think the locking storage is fine for a long gun. It could certainly be breached without too much effort, but it will keep your gun out of sight and away from the smash and grab thieves. I think it is definitely secure enough for daylight parking, although I would rather not park a vehicle in a bad area overnight with a weapon stored in it. I figure that anyone who is going to break into your truck beyond a quick smash and grab job, is probably more likely to use their energy to try to take the truck rather than ransacking it. (If prices on 3/4 ton diesels get any higher, that is how I will have to get my next truck! :lol:: )
“While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they lose their virtue then will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader.” ― Samuel Adams

Topic author
RJGold

Post by RJGold »

Thanks karder...

I hear you on prices. I just bought my F350. I'm hoping the diesel gives me the longevity everyone says. I need to keep it for a while...

I agree on not keeping a gun in a vehicle overnight. I don't normally have a need to do that unless I'm out hunting or something.

Thanks for the reply...
Take Care.
RJ

krieghoff
Posts in topic: 2

Post by krieghoff »

I have driven F-350's for years. Personally I never leave anything under the back seat other than the gooseneck bag and it's contents and a blanket etc. However in the front console, I have a vault that locks with a barrel key. I keep a .45 in there at all times and am not worried about the gun going bye,bye. If someone wants to get it, they need to pack a lunch cause it's gonna take them a while!!
I am on my 4th 350 with the Ford diesel (I drive a lot of miles). You should love the performance especially if you pull a trailer. Fuel mileage is nice too.
Enjoy it!
NRA Benefactor Life Member
NSCA Life Member
Native Texan
CHL Holder Since 1996

Topic author
RJGold

Post by RJGold »

krieghoff wrote:I have driven F-350's for years. Personally I never leave anything under the back seat other than the gooseneck bag and it's contents and a blanket etc. However in the front console, I have a vault that locks with a barrel key. I keep a .45 in there at all times and am not worried about the gun going bye,bye. If someone wants to get it, they need to pack a lunch cause it's gonna take them a while!!
I am on my 4th 350 with the Ford diesel (I drive a lot of miles). You should love the performance especially if you pull a trailer. Fuel mileage is nice too.
Enjoy it!
Thank you. Is your vault a Nano Vault?
Take Care.
RJ

krieghoff
Posts in topic: 2

Post by krieghoff »

Mine is a "Console Vault" brand. You have the option of several locks thus my selecting the barrel key.
NRA Benefactor Life Member
NSCA Life Member
Native Texan
CHL Holder Since 1996

loktite
Posts in topic: 1

Post by loktite »

You might also check out Lockerdown.com (Console Vault competitor/clone). They are based in San Antonio I believe, and offer more options for the actual lock. Store link for Super Duty 2011-2016 -- https://www.mobilesecurityplusstore.com ... ld2034.htm . Installed one in my mother's 2014 Suburban, she loves it. If you go for a combination lock, I'd recommend getting the electronic one, as you can open that without needing to look at it. Plus, people tend to get lazy with manual combo locks and just move one digit.
NRA Endowment Member

Return to “Off-Topic”