Sub 2000 optics

"A pistol is what you use to fight your way back to the rifle you never should have left behind!" Clint Smith, Thunder Ranch

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
LucasMcCain
Posts in topic: 4

Sub 2000 optics

Post by LucasMcCain »

So I finally managed to get my hands on a Kel-Tec Sub 2000. It took me a while since I was unwilling to pay more than MSRP. The iron sights on it seem okay, but I'm just wondering if anyone found a good way to mount optics on one that still allow it to be folded without removing them. I've seen one system designed just for it. I'll try to post a link here.

https://www.midwestindustriesinc.com/in ... ry_ID=2562

Anyone have that one? Figured anything else out? I wouldn't mind sticking a little red dot or something on it, but I'm not going to sacrifice the ability to fold it up, since that's one of the main reasons I bought it. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
I prefer dangerous freedom to safety in chains.

Let's go Brandon.

Abraham
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Sub 2000 optics

Post by Abraham »

LucasMcCain,

I too was at one time very interested in buying a Sub 2000, but I wasn't going to pay $750.00 before tax.

No way was I going to pay that much.

Mind telling what you paid for yours?

Thanks!

Topic author
LucasMcCain

Post by LucasMcCain »

I got mine at Cabela's for $500 and tax, which is what Kel-Tec says is MSRP. Academy sells them for $429, but I had been checking every Academy within 100 miles of me daily for a couple weeks and had no luck. The only one I could find at the last couple gun shows I had been to was $700, and I'm just not willing to get upcharged like that. I haven't gotten to shoot it yet, but it seems to be a pretty cool gun. It fits in a briefcase I converted to a range case. Fits quite well into a laptop bag I have too, while still leaving plenty of room for a laptop.

Let's go Brandon.

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

LucasMcCain,

Thanks for the feedback.

I would have paid $500.00.

CleverNickname
Posts in topic: 1

Post by CleverNickname »

LucasMcCain wrote:Anyone have that one? Figured anything else out? I wouldn't mind sticking a little red dot or something on it, but I'm not going to sacrifice the ability to fold it up, since that's one of the main reasons I bought it. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

goose

Post by goose »

Not cheap, but I put a Red Lion Precision forearm on mine. Fun and unique and seems to re-zero very well.
NRA Endowment - NRA RSO - Μολὼν λάβε

FCH

Post by FCH »

I really like that red dot sight but at $240 will have trouble convincing SWMBO.
NRA Member
TSRA Member

maverick2076

Post by maverick2076 »

Its a good package price, IMO. That red dot alone is $170from Primary Arms.

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

I got lucky and picked one up last week on Buds for $381 with free shipping. I just need to cover the FFL fee. It's the Glock 22 version. I would have preferred 9mm but I just couldn't pass up the chance to actually snatch one up. I've been wanting one of these for a while.

majorr

Post by majorr »

I found one at Pigeon Road Sporting in Stephenville. He seems to get them in every other month or so. MAYBE not quite that often but still more often than most. And they are priced well (just over $400).

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 3

Post by The Annoyed Man »

LucasMcCain wrote:So I finally managed to get my hands on a Kel-Tec Sub 2000. It took me a while since I was unwilling to pay more than MSRP. The iron sights on it seem okay, but I'm just wondering if anyone found a good way to mount optics on one that still allow it to be folded without removing them. I've seen one system designed just for it. I'll try to post a link here.

https://www.midwestindustriesinc.com/in ... ry_ID=2562

Anyone have that one? Figured anything else out? I wouldn't mind sticking a little red dot or something on it, but I'm not going to sacrifice the ability to fold it up, since that's one of the main reasons I bought it. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Which magazine version of the Sub 2000 did you get? I'd be happy with either a G17 or G19 mag-well, but I'm not going to pay an inflated price for one either - not when I have alternatives.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Topic author
LucasMcCain

Post by LucasMcCain »

The Annoyed Man wrote:Which magazine version of the Sub 2000 did you get? I'd be happy with either a G17 or G19 mag-well, but I'm not going to pay an inflated price for one either - not when I have alternatives.
I got the G17 version. I've gotten to shoot it a couple times now, and I love the thing. I got a couple of the G18 mags for it, and it's just a ton of fun. Accurate, stable, and compact. I really don't have much bad to say about it. The charging handle is annoying, but that's really it. I would highly recommend picking one up, but I wouldn't pay an inflated price either. I paid MSRP, but if you keep calling Academy you should be able to find one for about $70 under. You also might be able to get Cabela's to special order you one. I'm not sure.

Let's go Brandon.

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

I was not really thinking about a pistol caliber carbine, until I saw all of the post you guys put out extolling it's virtues, I then began researching reviews on line (not that I don't trust ya'lls opinions :mrgreen: ) and of course now, to quote Jerry Clower, "ya'll done flung a cravin' on me" :anamatedbanana
Especially when I saw that they have a version to accepts S&W M&P mags. I still will have to get past SWMBO to buy one so I am working on my sales pitch, I just want you to know that this forum has been the cause of a lot of discord in the Jusme household, and if you see me sleeping in the bed of my truck next to a gun safe you'll know why!! :biggrinjester:
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

Jusme wrote:I was not really thinking about a pistol caliber carbine, until I saw all of the post you guys put out extolling it's virtues, I then began researching reviews on line (not that I don't trust ya'lls opinions :mrgreen: ) and of course now, to quote Jerry Clower, "ya'll done flung a cravin' on me" :anamatedbanana
Especially when I saw that they have a version to accepts S&W M&P mags. I still will have to get past SWMBO to buy one so I am working on my sales pitch, I just want you to know that this forum has been the cause of a lot of discord in the Jusme household, and if you see me sleeping in the bed of my truck next to a gun safe you'll know why!! :biggrinjester:
In addition to the sales pitch, you will also need a lot of patience, especially if you are holding out for a specific version. To me, the main appeal of this particular pistol caliber carbine is it's concealability and ease of deployment for situations where the carry of a handgun is prohibited, but long guns are allowed. Right now, an AR-15 fills that void for me, but it takes a bit longer to deploy.

gljjt

Post by gljjt »

Soccerdad1995 wrote:
Jusme wrote:I was not really thinking about a pistol caliber carbine, until I saw all of the post you guys put out extolling it's virtues, I then began researching reviews on line (not that I don't trust ya'lls opinions :mrgreen: ) and of course now, to quote Jerry Clower, "ya'll done flung a cravin' on me" :anamatedbanana
In addition to the sales pitch, you will also need a lot of patience, especially if you are holding out for a specific version. To me, the main appeal of this particular pistol caliber carbine is it's concealability and ease of deployment for situations where the carry of a handgun is prohibited, but long guns are allowed. Right now, an AR-15 fills that void for me, but it takes a bit longer to deploy.
I would love one in the G19 grip config for additional magazine capability with my EDC. I view this as a GHB gun. This gives good flexibility and compatibility between the EDC handgun and a "rifle". In a poop hits the fan get home situation, the relative short range of the sub 2000 isn't a factor for me. I think most defensive requirements will be at bad breath distance out to maybe a hundred yards. If attacked via long distance better tho seek concealment/cover and be on my way rather than to engage. The ability tho conceal in a backpack is a big plus. Unfortunately, kids college payments come first....

Return to “Rifles & Shotguns”