First Internet Purchase

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
RJGold
Posts in topic: 1

First Internet Purchase

Post by RJGold »

I was in the market for a Taurus Judge due to a copperhead problem at our country place... I couldn't find what I wanted in Houston after checking all of my favorite firearm dealers,,, I have always been wary about buying on the internet but I really hate copperheads and have now killed 7 this spring... I bit the bullet and ordered one from an Internet dealer and used a local FFL... I couldn't be happier... This was a painless transaction and all went well... I can't wait to get out there and shoot it...
Lo que no puede cambiar, tu que debe aguantar.
Take Care.
RJ

circumspice_tuebor

Re: First Internet Purchase

Post by circumspice_tuebor »

Glad you've had a good experience so far. I have purchased the majority of my inventory online (0 to two gun safes in 3.5 years, yeah "My name is CT and I have a problem"), and I have been generally satisfied thus far. I think the keys are good prices, free/low cost shipping, good seller communication and a good FFL on the receiving end.
Micah 6:8

TexasJohnBoy
Banned

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

Half of mine have been purchased online. If you have a good FFL you like and they don't charge an arm and a leg - it's really not bad.

And the biggest thing, you still have a background check or CHL check and a transfer! No loopholes here!
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

rotor

Post by rotor »

My FFL charges $10. Word of caution, if you shoot the snake with a shotshell through a Judge you will not be able to hear anything for a week. Hard to rush for hearing protection when you come up to a snake.

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

superchief wrote:I believe it is the future of the gun industry. i don't know how any store competes with online prices.
I believe it is the future of every industry. Maybe a few small exceptions for things like groceries (until they get the shipping more seamless), and of course gasoline for your car. For most things, the economics of leasing a large retail facility, and paying people to ensure that customers don't steal your stuff / assist them with check-out, just does not make sense. Not to mention that at least as of now, brick and mortar locations have to charge sales tax and internet retailers do not, so that is an 8%+ hurdle to overcome right there in most locations.

Our kids, and especially grandkids will buy services from a person and goods from the internet.

FastCarry

Post by FastCarry »

The tax is what turned me to online purchasing when I switched to 1911. 32 dollars tax on a 400 dollar firearm isn't such a big deal, but when spending over 1000 the tax is a deal breaker.

I've used FFLs from 10-20 and is still cheaper than paying tax and buying locally. Its a bummer, but it is exactly what it is, 100+ price difference.

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

Do you mean you don't fill out the required form and mail the state their tax money?

Shame on you!

:smilelol5:
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

mr1337

Post by mr1337 »

TexasJohnBoy wrote:Half of mine have been purchased online. If you have a good FFL you like and they don't charge an arm and a leg - it's really not bad.

And the biggest thing, you still have a background check or CHL check and a transfer! No loopholes here!
I have some liberal friends (kinda hard to avoid them in Austin) that would probably flip if they knew how many firearms I've bought online and picked up without a background check.

Of course, the reason why there's no background check needed is due to my LTC, but that's not the point. :mrgreen:
Keep calm and carry.

Licensing (n.) - When government takes away your right to do something and sells it back to you.

Return to “Off-Topic”