New IPhone APP maps concealed handgun permit holders.

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Jusme
Posts in topic: 4

Re: New IPhone APP maps concealed handgun permit holders.

Post by Jusme »

Yeah, I'm not sure I buy into the premises of "mapping" LTC for "safe" areas. I won't be adding my info into the app, or even downloading it. If you are an LTC holder, why would you need to to know the locations of others? Conversely I don't want those who wish to take what's not theirs, to even have a general vicinity to track homes with guns. Not a good idea JMHO.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

oohrah
Posts in topic: 2

Post by oohrah »

looks like a trojan horse to me, too.
USMC, Retired
Treating one variety of person as better or worse than others by accident of birth is morally indefensible.

TexasJohnBoy
Banned

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

pushpullpete
Posts in topic: 1

Post by pushpullpete »

TexasJohnBoy wrote:Image

:lol: :lol: :iagree: :iagree: That's pretty cute. This 'APP' you speak of, I don't think it will work on my flip phone. :mrgreen:

JustSomeOldGuy

Post by JustSomeOldGuy »

Doesn't "broadcasting your [concealed] carry status" constitute an oxymoron? Or at least a paradox? :eek6

Either this is a practical joke, or there's an underemployed programmer out there looking for solutions to problems nobody had in the first place...... :totap:
member of the church of San Gabriel de Possenti
lay brother in the order of St. John Moses Browning
USPSA limited/single stack/revolver

vjallen75

Post by vjallen75 »

JustSomeOldGuy wrote:Doesn't "broadcasting your [concealed] carry status" constitute an oxymoron? Or at least a paradox? :eek6

Either this is a practical joke, or there's an underemployed programmer out there looking for solutions to problems nobody had in the first place...... :totap:
:iagree: Basically what this developer has is the ability to track every single person with a Carry Permit? No thank you, I may be young and naïve when it comes to certain things. But I ain't stupid :nono: Mr programmer.
Vence
NRA Member, EDC: FNS-9mm
I have contact my state rep., Jonathan Stickland, about supporting HB 560. Fine out who represents you, here.

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

Hillary Clinton thinks this is a great idea!
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

oohrah

Post by oohrah »

maybe created by an anti to suck us in?
USMC, Retired
Treating one variety of person as better or worse than others by accident of birth is morally indefensible.

lildave40

Post by lildave40 »

TexasJohnBoy wrote:Image

"rlol" "rlol" "rlol" "rlol" "rlol" "rlol" "rlol" "rlol" "rlol" "rlol" "rlol" "rlol" "rlol" I do agree

goose

Post by goose »

vjallen75 wrote:
JustSomeOldGuy wrote:Doesn't "broadcasting your [concealed] carry status" constitute an oxymoron? Or at least a paradox? :eek6

:iagree: Basically what this developer has is the ability to track every single person with a Carry Permit? No thank you, I may be young and naïve when it comes to certain things. But I ain't stupid :nono: Mr programmer.
And the long term ramifications......Anyone playing along can figure out your house, your place of employment. When you're not at home because you're at your place of employment, or you just stopped at a theater, on and on. Now you don't even need a spotter to case the joint, just follow the cute little dots. <fake radio squawk> "Ten minutes out, they and spouse are leaving the movies." <fake radio squawk>
NRA Endowment - NRA RSO - Μολὼν λάβε

MeMelYup

Post by MeMelYup »

A perfect app for robbers to be secure.

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

I went over to the link and read the article, then the comments below. First, never in a million years would I voluntarily sign up to be tracked wherever I go because I'm licensed to carry a handgun. Not only because of the possibility of the government getting or using the data, but criminal types as well. Secondly, because the person representing the app really came across as a jerk (best word I can get by with here).
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Topic author
Jusme
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Jusme »

bblhd672 wrote:I went over to the link and read the article, then the comments below. First, never in a million years would I voluntarily sign up to be tracked wherever I go because I'm licensed to carry a handgun. Not only because of the possibility of the government getting or using the data, but criminal types as well. Secondly, because the person representing the app really came across as a jerk (best word I can get by with here).
:iagree:

I had the same impression of the guy. Not real sure what his motives are, or why he thought this would be a good idea, that LTC holders would embrace. It sure isn't for my peace of mind, I don't care if I am the only LTC holder for miles around, no one is better suited to protect me than me. JMHO
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

stroo

Post by stroo »

Let me see, I have made a conscious decision not to OC but to conceal carry because I really don't want anyone to know I have a gun on me.

Nope, don't think I will sign up for an app that would let who knows who know where I am and that I am carrying!!!

:nono:

thetexan

Post by thetexan »

Ok....so if a person plans on robbing Walmart...or shooting up a Walmart....let's see....

we have one gun over there....another one next to the eggs...only two more but they are in automotive....so....jewelry is clear! There's the target!

I don't know how much the creator of the ap spent to get it up and running but I predict he will regret the wasted expenditure.

tex
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA Pistol Instructor, CFI, CFII, MEI Instructor Pilot

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”