Gun magnets for home and vehicle

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

E.Marquez
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Gun magnets for home and vehicle

Post by E.Marquez »

Thanks for posting..... this might just work for holding my HD shotgun in place at home.

EDIT: Just bought a three pack..... let's see how they work
Companion animal Microchips, quality name brand chips, lifetime registration, Low cost just $10~12, not for profit, most locations we can come to you. We cover eight counties McLennan, Hill, Bell, Coryell, Falls, Bosque, Limestone, Lampasas
Contact we.chip.pets@gmail.com

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

Limited use for me, personally until my kids grow up. I could use this in my vehicle, but it would be so nice to have a few of these positioned around the house.

goose

Post by goose »

I have a similar magnet attached to a book case I keep tshirts in. The pistol is held slightly away from the side of the book case. makes for easy grip acquisition. And the t-shirts cover it up so that unless the room got totally ransacked it'd never be seen. Or more to my thinking, if I had a bad guy in my room they wouldn't know that it was there and take it away from my list of options.

A friend has one mounted under his office desk (works rom home). He has immediate access to his G19 If needed and no one would be the wiser unless they crawled under the desk.
NRA Endowment - NRA RSO - Μολὼν λάβε

Pariah3j

Post by Pariah3j »

Under-Vehicle carry for when things really hit the fan.. I like it :biggrinjester:
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny" - Thomas Jefferson

AJSully421
Posts in topic: 3

Post by AJSully421 »

I had something similar under my dash for a G17. Once hit a pot hole and had a loaded G17 on my boot. Replaced the magnets with a Safariland QLS mount and now have the pistol in a 7377 light bearing ALS. It is not falling out of that.

For a desk or truck chassis mounting, or something, go for it.
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." - Ronald Reagan, 1964

30.06 signs only make criminals and terrorists safer.

NRA, LTC, School Safety, Armed Security, & Body Guard Instructor

rtschl

Post by rtschl »

I really like the one I have. Mounted on my desk in my home office I have the Ragnar 25lbs weight I bought from Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00LR4 ... UTF8&psc=1

Edited because I hit send instead of preview.
Ron
NRA Member

locke_n_load

Post by locke_n_load »

yeah, only good once the kids are older. Not good for my 1 year old around the house.
AJSully421 wrote:I had something similar under my dash for a G17. Once hit a pot hole and had a loaded G17 on my boot. Replaced the magnets with a Safariland QLS mount and now have the pistol in a 7377 light bearing ALS. It is not falling out of that.

Got a picture of that?
CHL Holder since 10/08
NRA Certified Instructor
Former LTC Instructor

AJSully421
Posts in topic: 3

Post by AJSully421 »

locke_n_load wrote:yeah, only good once the kids are older. Not good for my 1 year old around the house.
AJSully421 wrote:I had something similar under my dash for a G17. Once hit a pot hole and had a loaded G17 on my boot. Replaced the magnets with a Safariland QLS mount and now have the pistol in a 7377 light bearing ALS. It is not falling out of that.

Got a picture of that?
In Florida now, will be home Sunday. I'll snap a pic... It involved bending angle braces and drilling holes in stuff under there. Works great, though.
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." - Ronald Reagan, 1964

30.06 signs only make criminals and terrorists safer.

NRA, LTC, School Safety, Armed Security, & Body Guard Instructor

locke_n_load

Post by locke_n_load »

AJSully421 wrote:
locke_n_load wrote:yeah, only good once the kids are older. Not good for my 1 year old around the house.

Got a picture of that?
In Florida now, will be home Sunday. I'll snap a pic... It involved bending angle braces and drilling holes in stuff under there. Works great, though.
I thought it might be a little more involved that some velcro.
CHL Holder since 10/08
NRA Certified Instructor
Former LTC Instructor

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

Not enough steel on my guns or my car for this too work :mad5
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

loktite

Post by loktite »

The double sided part is really convenient for those who have console safes (lockerdown, console vault), if it will actually hold position over time / travel. I have two of these "magnet gun holster" magnets back to back, inside the console safe in my mom's suburban to hold her tomcat 32 that she leaves in there, but last time I checked, it had moved /rotated a little from the position I originally put them in. The go-magnets that Andy linked look like they would do a better job than the ones in my attachment.
Attachments
magnetgunholster.jpg
NRA Endowment Member

uthornsfan

Post by uthornsfan »

I built one for my night stand outta Hard Drive magnets.

:)

Jusme
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Jusme »

Not sure I would mount one under my Dodge, but I have thought about these for handguns hidden in the house. With an AR having an aluminum lower/ quad rail etc, not a viable option in my opinion.
He also needs to tighten up his spare tire it moves around too much. :mrgreen:
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”