T.G.I.Fridays signage in Plano...

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
BulldogBorders
Posts in topic: 1

T.G.I.Fridays signage in Plano...

Post by BulldogBorders »

Just thought this was peculiar... I let my wife choose our lunch spot on Sunday... We get there and I do a drive by like I normally do, and don't see any signs on the exterior doors... We get out of the car, walk up, and I open the exterior door; staring me in the face is a 30.06 and 30.07 sign... She wanted to eat there so kicking and screaming I walk back to car and put my carry piece in my under seat lockbox while she got a table... I come back in and find her at a table; being the good wife that knows me so well she took the seat with her back to the door and left me the one facing it... We have our meal, pay our check and as I'm walking out I look up and see a blue sign! So this place has a 30.06 and 30.07 sign facing you as you walk in and a blue sign facing you as you walk out... All they needed was a 51% and they'd have a full set... Left me a bit confused and definitely not wanting to go back there!
NRA Benefactor Life Member - Join the NRA
http://membership.nrahq.org/default.asp ... d=XR019416

chamberc
Posts in topic: 2

Re: T.G.I.Fridays signage in Plano...

Post by chamberc »

You're upset they posted a Blue sign, which they're required to do, and has no impact on your carry status?
NRA Life Member
TSRA Life Member
LTC since 2000
http://www.texas3006.com

Lynyrd

Post by Lynyrd »

You should check out texas3006.com. That restaurant was posted there as having both signs on March 2nd. All of their locations have signs posted. Well maybe all.
Last edited by Lynyrd on Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Do what you say you're gonna do.

C-dub
Posts in topic: 4

Post by C-dub »

The blue TABC sign is because they server or sell alcohol and is meaningless to someone with a CHL/LTC. Walmart has the same sign.

Unfortunately, Friday's is well known for posting 30.06 and 30.07 signs. Chili's does not post either.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Teamless

Post by Teamless »

3 weeks ago, my wife and I were going to dinner, and in the area, there is a TGI Fridays and Chili's side by side.

We walked into TGIF, while I was OC'ing, and looked up (once inside the inner doors) and near the ceiling, i saw the 30.07, so I was just about to untuck my shirt and cover, and saw the 30.06.
I told my wife we can't eat here.
While she is an LTC holder, she doesn't hold such strict refusal as I do, so she gave me 'the look', but I didn't relent.
We walked next door and had no issues at Chili's

TGIF lost a customer that day.
League City, TX
Yankee born, but got to Texas as fast as I could! NRA / PSC / IANAL

Smokey613

Post by Smokey613 »

BulldogBorders wrote: I come back in and find her at a table; being the good wife that knows me so well she took the seat with her back to the door and left me the one facing it...
My wife and I regularly discuss whose back is to the door. Most times we are able to position ourselves so we are at least covering each other. One of the "challenges" of both being LEO. :lol:
Texas LEO / TCOLE Firearms Instructor / LTC / Glock Armorer / NRA Endowment-Life Member

jmorris

Post by jmorris »

chamberc wrote:You're upset they posted a Blue sign, which they're required to do, and has no impact on your carry status?
I think the point is that the sign is positioned so that you only see it on the way out.
Jay E Morris,
Guardian Firearm Training, NRA Pistol, LTC < retired from all
NRA Lifetime, TSRA Lifetime
NRA Recruiter (link)

chamberc

Post by chamberc »

jmorris wrote:
chamberc wrote:You're upset they posted a Blue sign, which they're required to do, and has no impact on your carry status?
I think the point is that the sign is positioned so that you only see it on the way out.
Posting of that sign has no bearing on a LTC.
NRA Life Member
TSRA Life Member
LTC since 2000
http://www.texas3006.com

mr1337

Post by mr1337 »

Wait, so all TGI Friday's have 06 and 07 posted? Guess I'll just have to get my microwaved appetizers from somewhere else, not that I've been to one in the past few years anyways though.
Keep calm and carry.

Licensing (n.) - When government takes away your right to do something and sells it back to you.

C-dub
Posts in topic: 4

Post by C-dub »

mr1337 wrote:Wait, so all TGI Friday's have 06 and 07 posted? Guess I'll just have to get my microwaved appetizers from somewhere else, not that I've been to one in the past few years anyways though.
Maybe not all of them, but many do. They are heavily reported on texas3006.com.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

TrueFlog

Post by TrueFlog »

Be sure to take a close look at the 30.06 signs. Every time I've been to a TGI Friday's, they had both 30.06 and 30.07, but the 30.06 sign had the old language. If they don't have the up-to-date version of the 30.06 sign, then it's invalid, and you can carry away. Whether or not you still want to give them your business is up to you.

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

The TGIF in Burleson is only 30.07 posted, as of a couple of weeks ago.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Teamless

Post by Teamless »

TrueFlog wrote: Whether or not you still want to give them your business is up to you.
I think your last comment is my feelings.
If they post it, even the 'old one', their intentions are very clear.
I will give my money where they allow me to protect myself and my family.
League City, TX
Yankee born, but got to Texas as fast as I could! NRA / PSC / IANAL

bear94

Post by bear94 »

I've gotten into so many arguments with people over this it's insane. They go over it in class, how people still think it gives them "permission" to carry is beyond me.

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

A buddy of mine and I were going to eat at the one off 75 and Plano Pkwy several weeks ago. We pulled into the parking lot and looked it up on Texas3006. When we saw that it was 30.06 and 30.07, I looked at him and said "Welp, guess we're going somewhere else". Ended up going to Fish Shack on 15th street, other side of 75.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”