OK: Mom arrested after shooting 31 year old man in her 16 year old daughters bedroom

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 1

OK: Mom arrested after shooting 31 year old man in her 16 year old daughters bedroom

Post by philip964 »

http://fox8.com/2016/08/29/mother-arres ... om-police/

I put this under crime blotter as it appears to be statutory rape.

Photo shows Mom in handcuffs.

Keith B

Re: OK: Mom arrested after shooting 31 year old man in her 16 year old daughters bedroom

Post by Keith B »

There must be more to this story than is in the story.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

RedRaiderCHL

Re: OK: Mom arrested after shooting 31 year old man in her 16 year old daughters bedroom

Post by RedRaiderCHL »

If you look at the link there is a lot of information that is not provided. Based on where they found the guy and how it seems she called the police after she shot him and he fled. .sounds like there was another motive
Know guns, know peace and safety. No guns, no peace nor safety.

cirus

Post by cirus »

I bet he don't go back that house again

Jusme
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Jusme »

Pretty poor job of reporting. There are numerous scenarios that could have transpired, but if she was arrested, there must have been some probable cause. Maybe more info to follow
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

TexasTornado
Posts in topic: 2

Post by TexasTornado »

Im confused on this one. He was in her house....if she asked him to leave he was trespassing in her house. If he was in her daughter's bedroom then there was likely concern over the daughter's safety...again in HER house....why on earth was she arrested here?
"I can see it's dangerous for you, but if the government trusts me, maybe you could."

NRA Lifetime Member

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

TexasTornado wrote:Im confused on this one. He was in her house....if she asked him to leave he was trespassing in her house. If he was in her daughter's bedroom then there was likely concern over the daughter's safety...again in HER house....why on earth was she arrested here?

Yeah I think there is a lot more to the story. I don't know about Oklahoma laws, but even if he was there at the behest of the daughter, she does not have care and control over the property at the age of 16. Like I said there are many scenarios that could have transpired, but until more info is known, I can't draw too many conclusions.

While I was a LEO I had a similar situation, where the mother had to return home from work to pick up something she had forgotten. She walked and there were two 18 year old men in her house with her 15 year old daughter. One was in the bedroom with the daughter and the other was in the living room. She held them at gunpoint until we arrived, and they were charged with criminal trespass, even though they had been invited by her daughter.

Again, that is just one possible scenario, and based on the minimal info, I can't say that is the case here.

goose

Post by goose »

I am by NO MEANS suggesting said 31 year old was behaving properly, but, I'm not sure we're ready to institute the death penalty for a person who may have been invited into said 16 year olds room. If the mom wasn't fearing for the daughter's actual life this is a no shoot for me. I can at least see scenarios where she might be arrested. If he was uninvited, unknown, etc all bets are off. He gets what he gets. I suspect that as more information comes out we'll learn that he was at least a known figure. Again, not saying that any of his behavior was right, just some commentary on when we get to be judge and jury and possibly executioner.
NRA Endowment - NRA RSO - Μολὼν λάβε

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 3

Post by bblhd672 »

Authorities then spoke with Fowler’s daughter. According to the arrest affidavit, she told police that the victim comes over at least three times a week after her mother leaves for work.

On that day, she said that they were in bed kissing when Fowler kicked in the bedroom door.
http://kfor.com/2016/08/30/new-details- ... -daughter/

Sounds like there's a real possibility that more than kissing has been going on.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

TexasTornado
Posts in topic: 2

Post by TexasTornado »

goose wrote:I am by NO MEANS suggesting said 31 year old was behaving properly, but, I'm not sure we're ready to institute the death penalty for a person who may have been invited into said 16 year olds room. If the mom wasn't fearing for the daughter's actual life this is a no shoot for me. I can at least see scenarios where she might be arrested. If he was uninvited, unknown, etc all bets are off. He gets what he gets. I suspect that as more information comes out we'll learn that he was at least a known figure. Again, not saying that any of his behavior was right, just some commentary on when we get to be judge and jury and possibly executioner.
If he was asked to leave and did not...there's no way I'm getting close enough to physically remove him. Maybe a man vs woman thing here, but I certainly wouldn't hesitate to hold him at gunpoint, at which point if he advances towards me I would feel within my rights to shoot. A 16 year old lacks the authority to keep someone in the home against their parents wishes. He should have left the premises when it was made clear he was unwelcome. After that it was trespassing and a man who is unwilling to leave my home when asked clearly does not intend any good.

I think guys get used to having more options. Ya'll can fairly safely get into a physical altercation providing that your opponent isn't far more skilled or far larger. Although I have taken martial arts, I have no delusions about being able to trade punches with a full grown man and win.
"I can see it's dangerous for you, but if the government trusts me, maybe you could."

NRA Lifetime Member

KLB

Post by KLB »

The only thing I can figure is that she was arrested for poor marksmanship, speaking as the father of two daughters.

goose

Post by goose »

TexasTornado wrote:
goose wrote:I am by NO MEANS suggesting said 31 year old was behaving properly, but, I'm not sure we're ready to institute the death penalty for a person who may have been invited into said 16 year olds room. If the mom wasn't fearing for the daughter's actual life this is a no shoot for me. I can at least see scenarios where she might be arrested. If he was uninvited, unknown, etc all bets are off. He gets what he gets. I suspect that as more information comes out we'll learn that he was at least a known figure. Again, not saying that any of his behavior was right, just some commentary on when we get to be judge and jury and possibly executioner.
If he was asked to leave and did not...there's no way I'm getting close enough to physically remove him. Maybe a man vs woman thing here, but I certainly wouldn't hesitate to hold him at gunpoint, at which point if he advances towards me I would feel within my rights to shoot. A 16 year old lacks the authority to keep someone in the home against their parents wishes. He should have left the premises when it was made clear he was unwelcome. After that it was trespassing and a man who is unwilling to leave my home when asked clearly does not intend any good.

I think guys get used to having more options. Ya'll can fairly safely get into a physical altercation providing that your opponent isn't far more skilled or far larger. Although I have taken martial arts, I have no delusions about being able to trade punches with a full grown man and win.
I am not a big man providing one ounce of machismo about my ability to hold my own in a physical altercation. I would never assume to have more options than anyone else. You asked why on earth she might be arrested. If she was not fearing for her own or her daughter's life, that is why she might be arrested. If she told LEO she shot because of statutory rape, or she shot because he wouldn't leave when asked, that is why she might be arrested. Again, when do we as CHL/LTC holders get to be judge, jury and possibly executioner?

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

I would definitely be looking to have sexual assault charges filed against him. He is way too old to have a 16 year old "girlfriend". Again, I don't know the laws in Oklahoma regarding effective consent, but it is illegal in Texas.

The mother may face charges, but I would bet that if she gets indicted, and it goes to trial, a jury would be very sympathetic. I know I would be.

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 3

Post by bblhd672 »

Hopefully she gets either a sympathetic DA who declines to prosecute or sympathetic jury who declines to convict.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

goose

Post by goose »

Jusme wrote: The mother may face charges, but I would bet that if she gets indicted, and it goes to trial, a jury would be very sympathetic. I know I would be.
I am right there. I wish her no ill will in my posts about why she might be arrested. I can just see why she might be. The guy can go rot in a cell. With buddies to help him with his urges.

Return to “The Crime Blotter”