Conceal carry

The "What Works, What Doesn't," "Recommendations & Experiences"

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
Trivera
Posts in topic: 1

Conceal carry

Post by Trivera »

Don't know if it's been asked but are we allowed to cc in Walmart I have yet to go to any Walmart yet

Jusme

Re: Conceal carry

Post by Jusme »

As far as I know no Walmart in Texas is posted. If they have no 30.06 signs, then you are allowed to carry, if not given any other effective notice.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

WTR
Banned
Posts in topic: 3

Post by WTR »

I CC in my Wal Marts and they sell hard liqueur. No issues.

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

WTR wrote:I CC in my Wal Marts and they sell hard liqueur. No issues.
There are Wal-Marts in Texas that sell liquor? Are the liquor parts closed off from the rest of the store with different entrances. Are they open on Sundays?
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

WTR
Banned

Post by WTR »

ScottDLS wrote:
WTR wrote:I CC in my Wal Marts and they sell hard liqueur. No issues.
There are Wal-Marts in Texas that sell liquor? Are the liquor parts closed off from the rest of the store with different entrances. Are they open on Sundays?

I'm in NM.

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

I OC in Wal-Mart all the time, no problems
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

o b juan

Post by o b juan »

WTR made a post

I CC in my Wal Marts and they sell hard liqueur. No issues. :biggrinjester: :biggrinjester: :biggrinjester:
CHL Instructor since 95'/ School safety Since Jan 17' :patriot:

WTR
Banned

Post by WTR »

o b juan wrote:WTR made a post

I CC in my Wal Marts and they sell hard liqueur. No issues. :biggrinjester: :biggrinjester: :biggrinjester:

liquor, sorry. I don't care for liquor. However, I tried some gin to soak golden raisins in for my joints (didn't work for me) and rum for my wife's rum cake . ;-)

thetexan

Post by thetexan »

[quote="Trivera"]Don't know if it's been asked but are we allowed to cc in Walmart I have yet to go to any Walmart yet[/quote

This is how you determine if you can cc or oc ANYWHERE. There's nothing special about Walmart.

No matter where you are in TEXAS....

1). Is the place you are contemplating entering one of the 13 places that are off limits by statute...

If yes then stop and don't enter.
If no then go to step two.

2). Have you been provided 30.06 or30.07 notice?

If yes then stop.
If no then you may carry.

As a note. You are relying on the wrong info to make your determination. What if someone had said "no, you can not go into Walmart"??? Then what?...you wouldn't carry because someone said no? What if someone says yes you can? Then you would carry?

Each licensee needs to be expertly familiar with the rules covering where you can carry as a fundamental MINIMUM of expertise on LTC.

There is only two tests for Walmart or ANY OTHER LOCATION...is it a statutorily prohibited location and have you been NOTIFIED according to 30.06 or 30.07. I'm assuming you're not an employee who has been told to not carry.

I know your asking just to be sure and that's fine...there are no stupid questions and it's better to ask than wonder. But don't neglect self study of the rules so you can carry with confidence.

tex
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA Pistol Instructor, CFI, CFII, MEI Instructor Pilot

bayou

Post by bayou »

Good advice.

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Trivera wrote:Don't know if it's been asked but are we allowed to cc in Walmart I have yet to go to any Walmart yet
The best resource there is for trying to find out in advance: http://www.texas3006.com. Membership is free. There is also a smartphone app for it that works beautifully. With the app, you can not only search locations, but the mapping function will show you everything near your location that is posted, AND, you can set the alert function to notify you on your phone whenever you are approaching a posted location. The distance radius from that location that will notify your phone is configurable in the app. It's a great tool.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Return to “New to CHL?”