Open holster lunch at daughter's school.

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Open holster lunch at daughter's school.

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

parabelum wrote:LEO's check in their guns before entry into detention. Should they cover the holster as well :headscratch
This wasn't a jail or prison, it was an elementary school. LEO's don't disarm when they walk into a school.

I approach a gun-related activity with an eye to promoting a positive impression of gun owners.

Chas.

Jusme
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Jusme »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote:Really? :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Chas.
I know. :roll:

No comment.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:
parabelum wrote:LEO's check in their guns before entry into detention. Should they cover the holster as well :headscratch
This wasn't a jail or prison, it was an elementary school. LEO's don't disarm when they walk into a school.

I approach a gun-related activity with an eye to promoting a positive impression of gun owners.

Chas.

OK maybe one comment.
There is a strong contingent of people working to remove prohibited locations for LTC holders. These efforts, rely not only on LTC holders, being law abiding, but understanding that in your face, just because I can, attitudes, undermine those efforts. What is so difficult about not only disarming, but removing the holster?
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

steveincowtown
Banned

Post by steveincowtown »

Troll.

I hope.
The Time is Now...
NRA Lifetime Member

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

steveincowtown wrote:Troll.

I hope.
Ya think? :lol:

21 posts. One post in the "General Texas CHL Form" having to do with self-defense insurance, one in this thread about display of empty holsters at a grammar school under the "Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues" forum, and 19 posts in a thread about Open Carry at the Texas State Fair in the "Open-Carry Discussions" forum. This thread has a distinctive whiff of a "They Who Shall Not be Named" flavor, with some open-carry overtones.
User Statistics
User Statistics
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

parabelum

Post by parabelum »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:

Chas.
Right. My wires got crossed. Elementary school is different, from public perception point of view the most. Covering up would be prudential exercise of 2A/carry. Don't think it should be a requirement per se, but, it would make LTC'er project a more positive disposition, especially in the eyes of someone who is already nervous nelly about guns.

I'll go to the back of the class now, sit down, and take notes.

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

In my opinion, the value of which can be determined by you, this is an example of just because it's legal doesn't mean it is right or wise.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

howdy
Posts in topic: 1

Post by howdy »

I think it was the "paton leather shoes" part that gave it away.
Texas LTC Instructor
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Life Patron Member TSRA Member
USMC 1972-1979

warnmar10

Post by warnmar10 »

The Annoyed Man wrote:Ya think? :lol:

21 posts. One post in the "General Texas CHL Form" having to do with self-defense insurance, one in this thread about display of empty holsters at a grammar school under the "Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues" forum, and 19 posts in a thread about Open Carry at the Texas State Fair in the "Open-Carry Discussions" forum. This thread has a distinctive whiff of a "They Who Shall Not be Named" flavor, with some open-carry overtones.
Screen Shot 2016-10-19 at 5.08.19 PM.png
Do me next please!

Topic author
Ambassador

Post by Ambassador »

Lynyrd wrote:So far, I have not entered anywhere with an empty visible holster. Was this your first time to do that at this school?
Yes, this was the first time at the school.

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

So.... Did you talk with her again later?

:confused5
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Topic author
Ambassador

Post by Ambassador »

Jusme wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote:

Chas.

OK maybe one comment.
There is a strong contingent of people working to remove prohibited locations for LTC holders. These efforts, rely not only on LTC holders, being law abiding, but understanding that in your face, just because I can, attitudes, undermine those efforts. What is so difficult about not only disarming, but removing the holster?
I have to take my belt most of the way off to remove the holster. I always just unholster since it's easier, faster and just adds to muscle memory. It's never occurred to me that someone would be offended.

Topic author
Ambassador

Post by Ambassador »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
steveincowtown wrote:Troll.

I hope.
Ya think? :lol:

Screen Shot 2016-10-19 at 5.08.19 PM.png
I don't think it was me he was referring to as a troll. I don't know what shall not name group you're referring to, but I don't belong to any gun organizations. I had to open and switch to this user name after my other got locked for unknown reasons. Previously, I was "So Confused" here.
Last edited by Ambassador on Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SHogun62

Post by SHogun62 »

I'd have just pulled my phone out of my pocket, stuck it in the holster, smiled, and replied that I saw no need to remove my spirited phone carrier.

Then again, probably a good thing I don't participate in open carry unless I'm at the range with my mouth.

gljjt

Post by gljjt »

mojo84 wrote:In my opinion, the value of which can be determined by you, this is an example of just because it's legal doesn't mean it is right or wise.
I agree.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”