Trump Wins!

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Papa_Tiger
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Trump Wins!

Post by Papa_Tiger »

LucasMcCain wrote:I've had the same thought. I keep hearing about how nasty all the liberals are being. I've had a few people try to argue "the conservatives would have been just as bad had Hillary won." The problem with that argument is Obama. We were super upset about him being elected. Where were the riots? Where was the massive wave of hateful vitriol across all forms of media? Where were the protest marches?
Apparently you never visited the comments section of any political article in the past 4-8 years. There has been plenty of vitriol from the "right", including calling President Obama many horrible names and horrible allegations. Maybe the outpouring hasn't been as much on Twitter or Facebook or other social media venues, but the hate, vitriol and venom have been there for YEARS.

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

Does anyone know why Fox is still not calling Arizona? The sources I am looking at show 100% reporting and Trump leading by 4 percentage points. I understand holding off on Michigan and New Hampshire where the margins for Trump and HRH, respectively, are razor thin, but what is up with Arizona? Are there a ton of absentee votes still to be counted or something?

And it matters because winning 278 electoral votes is not the same as winning 289 (or 305 counting Michigan). A decisive electoral college result helps to establish mandate, etc.

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

Papa_Tiger wrote:
LucasMcCain wrote:I've had the same thought. I keep hearing about how nasty all the liberals are being. I've had a few people try to argue "the conservatives would have been just as bad had Hillary won." The problem with that argument is Obama. We were super upset about him being elected. Where were the riots? Where was the massive wave of hateful vitriol across all forms of media? Where were the protest marches?
Apparently you never visited the comments section of any political article in the past 4-8 years. There has been plenty of vitriol from the "right", including calling President Obama many horrible names and horrible allegations. Maybe the outpouring hasn't been as much on Twitter or Facebook or other social media venues, but the hate, vitriol and venom have been there for YEARS.
Please show me one news article about protests and riots after either of Obama's victories.

Yes, internet message boards will always show vitriol from those who are upset. But the left is clearly showing the world that they are the party of hate and violence with their current actions, as opposed to words. This is a continuation of the hatred expressed by HRH ("deplorables", "irredeemable"), and her attempt to influence the election by paying violent thugs to incite violence at Trump rallies.

Hillary is a hateful little woman who ran a divisive and nasty campaign, and now her supporters are just continuing her same playbook after the election. HRH has set the tone at the top and her minions are just doing what they have been taught.

TXBO
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Post by TXBO »

Papa_Tiger wrote:
I don't recall any riots over either of Obama's election wins. I don't think there would be any had Hillary won either.

doncb
Posts in topic: 4

Post by doncb »

Papa_Tiger wrote:Apparently you never visited the comments section of any political article in the past 4-8 years. There has been plenty of vitriol from the "right", including calling President Obama many horrible names and horrible allegations. Maybe the outpouring hasn't been as much on Twitter or Facebook or other social media venues, but the hate, vitriol and venom have been there for YEARS.
Not like this. No marches, no beatings, no vandalism. Sure there were things said by the "far" right but we're talking about so called regular people here. Where do people get off saying "They aren't going to make America great again. That they're going to do everything they can to ruin it." Saying Trump is not your President is one thing. Dragging someone out of their car and beating them because they had a Trump sticker is something different. I figured that there would be things like this happening. I'm just surprised it took so long after the election.

Violence has broken out at anti-Trump rallies across America overnight as tens of thousands marched against the President-elect before angry mobs attacked police, started fires and shut down highways.

The streets of downtown Oakland in California were choked with smoke Thursday as police launched tear gas and protesters lit fires, in what became by some distance the most violent of the many protests against the election of Donald Trump.

More than 6,000 protesters were seen on the streets of Oakland with an initially peaceful march down a cop-lined street turning nasty after some protesters threw bottles at officers and torched a police car. An office block was also attacked, daubed with 'f*** Trump' and 'kill Trump' graffiti and then set alight.

And thousands more filled streets in Los Angeles before taking over the 110 Freeway while other protesters gathered outside City Hall, lighting fires and waving Trump heads on sticks. There were 14 arrests.

The clip shows the thugs repeatedly screaming, “you voted Donald Trump” as they assault the victim from every angle while others steal his belongings. “You voted Trump,” the mob screams, “You gonna pay for that sh*t.” Another woman shouts “beat his ass,” while another man is heard laughing before remarking, “Don’t vote Trump.”

These are the deplorables.

If you're standing still, you're loosing.

allisji
Posts in topic: 4

Post by allisji »

Papa_Tiger wrote:
The anonymous commenters on the political articles are paid plants by the Hillary campaign. :mrgreen:
LTC since 2015
I have contacted my state legislators urging support of Constitutional Carry Legislation HB 1927

LucasMcCain
Posts in topic: 5

Post by LucasMcCain »

Papa_Tiger wrote:
I guess that's a fair point. Although the only places I have seen ugliness directed at Obama has been "safe spaces" like these forums, where people know that those around them are typically like-minded. However, I don't use twitter or facebook or other such things. This forum and to a lesser extent a motorcycle forum are my social network. Well, that and talking to actual human beings in person. That's how out of touch with the times I am, I guess.
Still, I don't remember riots and protests. I do remember saying that despite the fact that I voted against Obama and disagreed with everything he stood for, that I wished him well and hoped that he would be a good president, because that's what the country needed. I did not personally pour out hate and vitriol at the man, much less his supporters. I simply hoped and prayed that he would make decisions that would benefit our country and the people in it. I was not the only person I knew expressing these sentiments. I have heard exactly zero people say this about Trump. Maybe I just don't pay attention to the right media outlets, though.
I prefer dangerous freedom to safety in chains.

Let's go Brandon.

Jusme
Posts in topic: 11

Post by Jusme »

Does it strike anyone else but me as odd, that these people were able to get so organized so quickly?

If the left rabble rousers truly thought that HRC would win, how were they able to come out en masse with no prior notice? This reeks of the same minions BHO and HRC hired to disrupt everything leading up to the election. I would be willing to bet that the leaders of these protests, are outsiders, and simply "got the ball rolling"

These will only increase Trump's approval rating, even among those who were on the fence. When so called "Americans" protest a legitimate election, they lose credibility very quickly. They have no end game, no hope of effecting change, and yet they are blindly following the same mantra that kept their candidate out of the white house. What they don't realize is that if one of them is killed or injured, by police, it will still be under BHO watch, not Trump's.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Dadtodabone

Post by Dadtodabone »

Jusme wrote:Does it strike anyone else but me as odd, that these people were able to get so organized so quickly?

If the left rabble rousers truly thought that HRC would win, how were they able to come out en masse with no prior notice? This reeks of the same minions BHO and HRC hired to disrupt everything leading up to the election. I would be willing to bet that the leaders of these protests, are outsiders, and simply "got the ball rolling"

These will only increase Trump's approval rating, even among those who were on the fence. When so called "Americans" protest a legitimate election, they lose credibility very quickly. They have no end game, no hope of effecting change, and yet they are blindly following the same mantra that kept their candidate out of the white house. What they don't realize is that if one of them is killed or injured, by police, it will still be under BHO watch, not Trump's.
Social media platforms interconnect these patriotic citizens. Twitter #riotdowtown or the like will always produce a few hundred patriots looking to promote civics and unity in the body politic.
"Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris!"

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

It's kind of simple if one thinks about it.

The riots and protests didn't happen when Obama was elected and re-elected because because the college's and universities are bastions of progressive liberal snowflakes. Also, I am not aware of conservative community organizers that promote and follow the Alinsky rules for radicals. The progressive liberals have many.

I also believe radical progressive liberals are much more in tune with using social media and the internet to organize and respond. Think about Charles issuing a call to action and we respond en masse.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Papa_Tiger

Post by Papa_Tiger »

Soccerdad1995 wrote:Please show me one news article about protests and riots after either of Obama's victories.

Yes, internet message boards will always show vitriol from those who are upset. But the left is clearly showing the world that they are the party of hate and violence with their current actions, as opposed to words. This is a continuation of the hatred expressed by HRH ("deplorables", "irredeemable"), and her attempt to influence the election by paying violent thugs to incite violence at Trump rallies.

Hillary is a hateful little woman who ran a divisive and nasty campaign, and now her supporters are just continuing her same playbook after the election. HRH has set the tone at the top and her minions are just doing what they have been taught.
I can't because as far as I know there weren't any. The vitriol has expanded into the public square from the private domain and is now being expressed physically rather than just verbally.

Fully agree that this is a continuation of hatred shown towards Trump and his supporters by those on the left. These actions follow the general guideline of many liberal arguments: when you have no logic to support your case, drown your opponent in emotion - you can't argue with it. What I FEEL can't be debated because there is no logic, it is personal.

I also think this is the continuation of the divide and polarization that has been brewing for quite a while. I have never seen a political season that has been as divisive as this one. Granted, I haven't been paying as close attention before now, but I don't remember anything quite like this in any of my preceding voting years.

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

Eventually, they'll come to understand they're not in charge anymore.

In the meantime, they look like what they are...petty saul alinsky acolytes...

Their behavior mirrors banana republics where the left enjoys a big footprint.

If they break laws, put them in jail.

No tolerance for law breakers no matter how low their bottom lips sag...

Jusme
Posts in topic: 11

Post by Jusme »

Dadtodabone wrote:
Jusme wrote:Does it strike anyone else but me as odd, that these people were able to get so organized so quickly?

Social media platforms interconnect these patriotic citizens. Twitter #riotdowtown or the like will always produce a few hundred patriots looking to promote civics and unity in the body politic.

I could see a few hundred in concentrated pockets of protest, but we are seeing tens of thousands, is some areas. I guess they have a lot of free time, I wasn't able to march in protest the last election because I have that inconvenient thing called a job. :grumble
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Mxrdad

Post by Mxrdad »

And sadly, those so called Celebrities continue to push for more demonstrations instead of getting their plane tickets out of the country. We all know this will never happen, so instead they push for protests. And even more sadly, the sheeples follow what these Celebs suggest. I know thats not all of them but I think it does add fuel to the fire. Sad.
Just some guy's opinion.

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

...and this too shall pass.

If ever there was proof of how the left operates these protestations (pathetic whining) prove they've no credibility.

Maturity among the left, wait...no such thing...

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”