How I'm changing my life after the election.

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

C-dub
Posts in topic: 1

Re: How I'm changing my life after the election.

Post by C-dub »

The Dude wrote:I was planning to quit my job if Clinton won. No reason to work hard and pay taxes in such a world.

I'm giving the Trump administration until the end of Q2 to repeal Obamacare, et cetera, before I decide.
I like your screen name and avatar. Lately, I've been having people tell me I look like "The Dude." Although, sometimes I also get a Rooster Cogburn when I wear my hat and drover.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Frankie

Post by Frankie »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
eureka40 wrote:I dumped fox news a while back. Started watching One America News.

http://www.oann.com/
YES! Me too, maybe a year ago or so.
I use a pi-hole server and OpenDNS to keep anyone on my home network from going to all mainstream news sites (CNN, MSNBC, FoxNews ect) . clicks = revenue. With URL shortening you can get linked to them without knowing it until you're there so I've taken precautions to not helping them with clicks.
oann.com is the only exception.
I've hidden all other news channels from the U-verse TV Guide. While you can enter the channel number directly and go there, nobody remembers the channel numbers.
My wife loves One American News now. I didn't leave her much choice. "rlol"

Dadtodabone

Post by Dadtodabone »

The Dude wrote:I was planning to quit my job if Clinton won. No reason to work hard and pay taxes in such a world.

I'm giving the Trump administration until the end of Q2 to repeal Obamacare, et cetera, before I decide.
Welcome back to the forum. It's been several years since you've participated, yes?
"Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris!"

sheary

Post by sheary »

Considering the increased unrest in urban centers after the election, I started carrying an AR pistol in my truck when I go into town, in addition to the Glock on my hip.

vjallen75
Posts in topic: 2

Post by vjallen75 »

I reread this thread several days after the election to see if our thought process changed. NOPE, nobody said they were going to be distraught, couldn't go to work, needed time off, or a shoulder to cry on. Funny how they completely bashed President-Elect Trump for saying he would see how he felt before he conceded the election. Now look how the tables have turned.

Shame on you democrats :nono:
Vence
NRA Member, EDC: FNS-9mm
I have contact my state rep., Jonathan Stickland, about supporting HB 560. Fine out who represents you, here.

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

vjallen75 wrote:I reread this thread several days after the election to see if our thought process changed. NOPE, nobody said they were going to be distraught, couldn't go to work, needed time off, or a shoulder to cry on. Funny how they completely bashed President-Elect Trump for saying he would see how he felt before he conceded the election. Now look how the tables have turned.

Shame on you democrats :nono:
The Dimocrats have no shame.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

I bought a Bushmaster AR-15 the weekend before the election because I was sure Hillary was going to win. I am going to continue buying ammo, magazines, prepping supplies, and guns presumably at lower prices. Never underestimate the power of the obstructionist left. We have practically a super-majority in Texas legislature, yet we have big cities circumventing the legislature with 30.06/7 signs, sanctuary cities a la Dallas and a Democrat masquerading as a Republican as the Speaker of the Legislature.
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

Return to “Off-Topic”