Please tell me your feelings!

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

flowrie
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Please tell me your feelings!

Post by flowrie »

Great speech from Pres. Trump!
I am very hopeful and I believe he is surrounding himself with a great cabinet.
Maybe one of the best cabinets ever.
I think Pres. Trump is very intelligent but he realizes what he does not know too well ( foreign policy being an example).
I think we will all be just fine!
Former NRA Life Member
1911 fan

Abraham
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Abraham »

"I will vigorously support Trump until he proves he is unsupportable."

I think you meant to say "unless" he proves he is unsupportable"

dhoobler

Post by dhoobler »

I was in a National Guard armory today. I can't tell you how pleased I was to see a picture of President Trump and not that last person who hates the second amendment.
Revolver - An elegant weapon... for a more civilized age.
NRA Endowment Life Member
TSRA Life Member

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Oldgringo »

Abraham wrote:"I will vigorously support Trump until he proves he is unsupportable."

I think you meant to say "unless" he proves he is unsupportable"
Good catch, :iagree: .

Skiprr

Post by Skiprr »

flowrie wrote:Great speech from Pres. Trump!
I am very hopeful and I believe he is surrounding himself with a great cabinet.
Maybe one of the best cabinets ever.
Obama goes out of office with this cast of characters: http://cabinet-members.insidegov.com/d/a/Barack-Obama.

Thank You, Lord; I am so thankful that Valerie Jarrett is no longer influencing Presidential decisions.

Trump's cabinet selections are the hallmark of a businessman as opposed to a career politician. Dates back a long way.

Henry Ford once was asked why he was the smartest business leader in the world. He picked up the telephone on his desk. "Because of this," he said. "I hire the very best people I possibly can. When I need to be smart, I call them."

Don't dis me for quotation inaccuracy; I didn't look it up. But the paraphrasing is accurate: the smartest thing a leader can do is to surround himself or herself with people who are the very best and brightest in their fields. Not crony, political yes-men, but experienced experts who will not hesitate to express an opinion.

I remember a comment Barack Obama made after the election and before the transition. Obama said the President-elect must understand the difference between campaigning and leading a country. "What he has to appreciate is as soon as you walk into this office after you've been sworn-in, you're now in charge of the largest organization on Earth. You can't manage it the way you would manage a family business."

This from a man who had absolutely no executive-level experience before taking the oath of office.

President Trump has selected a cabinet with iron in their veins. Unlike Obama, he doesn't fear having strong people around him.
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

TexasJohnBoy
Banned
Posts in topic: 6

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

:iagree:
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

dale blanker
Banned

Post by dale blanker »

Sad...
You may not agree with everything he's said or done but how can you not like him and his family???
"Fellowship, Leadership, Scholarship, Service." Anyone?

TexasGal

Post by TexasGal »

Relieved to the point of needing to take a seat that just maybe we won't permanently lose our gun rights to a liberal SCOTUS. Relieved we may actually get a more secure border and immigration not because the new POTUS is some horrible bigot, but because he has a brain and can see that not everyone coming here is interested in being a good citizen or loving America.

I'm sad that Trump has the finesse of a sledge hammer because that will be exploited endlessly by the hand wringing PC gestapo and the infuriated left. But I am convinced the man can not do worse than the career politicians who have bloated government past all ability to serve the people. Give him a chance to try to make things better. I sincerely believe he does want to do that. Just take a long hard look at how utterly out of their minds the left is acting since having complete power yanked out of their grasp. What does that tell you? They have been brainwashed into acting more like citizens of North Korea than of America. Madonna said loud and clear to millions of people she thinks a lot about blowing up the White House. And the liberal media didn't bat an eye. I'm a lot more afraid of that than I am of Trump not being a polished lying politician. We have had far too many of those.
The Only Bodyguard I Can Afford is Me
Texas LTC Instructor Cert
NRA Life Member

Bitter Clinger
Banned

Post by Bitter Clinger »

"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

Bitter Clinger
Banned

Post by Bitter Clinger »

dale blanker wrote:Sad...]You may not agree with everything he's said or done but how can you not like him and his family???
Dale,

I thought that they were going to move to Canada if Trump was elected, as Trump is "woefully unprepared to be President", according to Obama.

But I guess that minor point simply escaped you...Eh?
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

mojo84
Posts in topic: 7

Post by mojo84 »

dale blanker wrote:Sad...

You may not agree with everything he's said or done but how can you not like him and his family???
There are many reasons for me to not like him. Nothing about him warrants my respect or makes him likeable to me.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

dale blanker wrote:You may not agree with everything he's said or done but how can you not like him and his family???
Because I don't like evil people, especially those in power over others. Obama was and remains an evil man.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

jason812

Post by jason812 »

mojo84 wrote:
dale blanker wrote:Sad...

There are many reasons for me to not like him. Nothing about him warrants my respect or makes him likeable to me.
Yep and the good thing is we don't have to talk about him anymore.
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Oldgringo »

I voted against the racist muslim TWICE and I am delighted to see him, and his family, go.

'Nuff said!

Jusme
Posts in topic: 9

Post by Jusme »

bblhd672 wrote:
dale blanker wrote:You may not agree with everything he's said or done but how can you not like him and his family???
Because I don't like evil people, especially those in power over others. Obama was and remains an evil man.

I have no personal feelings regarding him or his family, but the last feeling, I would have regarding their departure would be sadness. BHO demonstrated the adage that absolute power corrupts, absolutely.

He ran up unprecedented debt, strictly through his own arrogance, he felt that he did not have to cooperate with a duly elected Congress, and could simply use his pen to govern. He never accepted the fact that he was a servant of the people, instead he believed that his ideals were paramount, and that as POTUS, he had carte blanch, to impose his will on the nation. His policies and decisions brought this country to the brink of war, the brink of total economic collapse and the complete takeover of anarchy.
I don't personally know him or his family, nor can I say differently about Trump, but I don't have to like them, to know how I expect my elected leaders to conduct themselves. JMHO
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Return to “Off-Topic”