Safety On: An Introduction to the World of Firearms for Children

This section is for recommendations, reviews & questions.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
BenGoodLuck
Posts in topic: 2

Post by BenGoodLuck »

A friend of mine just had his book published:

From the author:

"I grew up in an environment where guns were only seen in movies and TV, and the only people allowed to actually use a gun were police officers. The thought of an individual citizen actually owning a firearm for protection never occurred to me until I got married. People would constantly ask me after I purchased my first gun, “How can you buy a gun? You have two children in the house! Aren’t you afraid of accidents?” Those questions were answered with two simple question of my own. “Where do you suggest I teach my children about gun culture in America? Should I leave that to the media and Hollywood?” There was no response.

This book is meant not as an in-depth breakdown of guns or living with guns, but as an introduction to the world of firearms for children. Its goal is to plant the seeds of safe gun ownership into the minds of young patriots who will one day be responsible gun owners like the parents who teach them. It is up to the moms and dads of this country who exercise their 2nd Amendment rights to instill a deep respect for firearms. This book serves as the tool to open a dialogue between you and your child about keeping their “Safety On.”"

Jago668
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Safety On: An Introduction to the World of Firearms for Children

Post by Jago668 »

With a daughter on the way I'll certainly look into it. I can certainly handle teaching safety but another person's view never hurts.
NRA Benefactor Member

Topic author
BenGoodLuck
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Safety On: An Introduction to the World of Firearms for Children

Post by BenGoodLuck »

That's great to hear!

Return to “Books & Videos”