Near Fight and Threats in Congress

This forum will be open on Sept. 1, 2016.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
locke_n_load
Posts in topic: 1

Near Fight and Threats in Congress

Post by locke_n_load »

http://www.shtfplan.com/headline-news/s ... n_05292017
Texas Democratic Rep Threatens To Kill Republican Rep On Legislative Floor After He Called ICE On Illegal Immigrants
CHL Holder since 10/08
NRA Certified Instructor
Former LTC Instructor

ScottDLS
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Near Fight and Threats in Congress

Post by ScottDLS »

locke_n_load wrote:http://www.shtfplan.com/headline-news/s ... n_05292017
Texas Democratic Rep Threatens To Kill Republican Rep On Legislative Floor After He Called ICE On Illegal Immigrants
Technically not Congress, but the Texas House. I wonder if legislators in Texas have immunity from arrest for acts on the Legislative Floor. They do in the US Congress, particularly for speech. That said, I like the calling of ICE on Protesters. You know ICE has started arresting and deporting for that now. They weren't doing so in the previous administration. Now let's build the wall. :thumbs2:
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

Sport Coach

Post by Sport Coach »

I still don't get how all people can not agree that illegal is illegal!!!! Beyond that there can be discussion about what to do about it but illegal is illegal.
“Hope is an expensive commodity. It makes better sense to be prepared.” - Thucydides

Jusme
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Jusme »

That's the most excitement we have had this whole session. Navarez was the reason the reps all have "panic buttons" in their offices after OCT folks stormed his office two sessions ago.
It funny that when a leftist threatens to kill someone for taking action to enforce laws, it's not a problem. But if the one being threatened, responds by saying he will shoot to defend himself, it's a major news story. Typical left wing reporting.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

Sport Coach wrote:I still don't get how all people can not agree that illegal is illegal!!!! Beyond that there can be discussion about what to do about it but illegal is illegal.
I think you meant "undocumented". Or persons of 'alien-ness". Or the documentarily challenged. A person can't be 'illegal', they are just in 'circumstances of unlawfulness'. "rlol" "rlol"
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

ScottDLS wrote:
Sport Coach wrote:I still don't get how all people can not agree that illegal is illegal!!!! Beyond that there can be discussion about what to do about it but illegal is illegal.
I think you meant "undocumented". Or persons of 'alien-ness". Or the documentarily challenged. A person can't be 'illegal', they are just in 'circumstances of unlawfulness'. "rlol" "rlol"
P.H.I.
Persons Here Illegally.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Kkpsiknl

Post by Kkpsiknl »

Is it on the broadcast for today?

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

Kkpsiknl wrote:Is it on the broadcast for today?
it should be....that said, someone said it had been pulled, I saw a clip from a news station, one of the ones from Austin, it's really hard to tell what's going on other than it looks like something from Europe....speculation was that it was being looked at by DPS...it might be back up?
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

mdubtx

Post by mdubtx »

I had it on earlier when there were protesters in the gallery. They were then cleared out by LEOs. But, I couldn't tell that anything was going on on the floor other than everyone standing around. It may have already happened by time I turned it on. I didn't think much of it until I saw Rinaldi's facebook post.
May we never haver to draw but always be prepared.
:patriot: :txflag:
NRA Benefactor Member / TSRA Family Membership

CrimsonSoul

Post by CrimsonSoul »

Marines have there POGs (person other than grunt) of we have our COLs (citizen other than legal)
Approved 07/17/09
In hand 07/17/09

treadlightly

Post by treadlightly »

Is there any credibility to the claim Poncho Nevarez threatened to shoot Matt Rinaldi? I understand there is a counter claim of the same nature by Neverez against Rinaldi.

If it's provably true, where the State meets its burdens of due process, Neverez needs to lose his CHL.

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

COL?

Nope.

They aren't any kind of citizen in this country.

What they are is illegal aliens.

Period.

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

treadlightly wrote:Is there any credibility to the claim Poncho Nevarez threatened to shoot Matt Rinaldi? I understand there is a counter claim of the same nature by Neverez against Rinaldi.

If it's provably true, where the State meets its burdens of due process, Neverez needs to lose his CHL.

What Rinaldi says, .....ok, this is what he posted on his FB page....

""Today, Representative Poncho Nevarez threatened my life on the House floor after I called ICE on several illegal immigrants who held signs in the gallery which said "I am illegal and here to stay." Several Democrats encouraged the protestors to disobey law enforcement. When I told the Democrats I called ICE, Representative Ramon Romero physically assaulted me, and other Democrats were held back by colleagues. During that time Poncho told me that he would "get me on the way to my car." He later approached me and reiterated that "I had to leave at some point, and he would get me." I made it clear that if he attempted to, in his words, "get me," I would shoot him in self defense. I am currently under DPS protection. Several of my colleagues heard the threats made and witnessed Ramon assaulting me.""
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

strogg

Post by strogg »

There's one thing I don't get. If the democrats are so intent on using their own ideology of immigration, why don't they introduce new bills to reflect their viewpoint? Why ignore the laws and promote anarchy? It's ironic that today, the only ones who are pushing for proper immigration reform are a handful of republicans.

Aaaanyhow, I believe Nevarez should have just smiled and kept his mouth shut after the threat. At this point, democrats are so wound up that the best thing to do is let them fall apart on their own. There's no point in poking the bear.

treadlightly

Post by treadlightly »

Pancho Nevarez famously arranged for panic buttons after a nutcase lobbying for open carry had a confrontation that, personally, I would have found rude, not threatening.

Now, Nevarez has been accused of making (probably) empty threats. As H. Ross would have said, I find that fascinatin'.

Return to “2017 Texas Legislative Session”