DFW West/Southwest Quadrant Breakfast

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Jusme
Posts in topic: 69

Re: DFW West/Southwest Quadrant Breakfast

Post by Jusme »

Just wanted to bump this back up. About to take a shower( more for your comfort than mine) then hit the sack. I'll see everyone tomorrow!!

:tiphat:
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

oljames3
Posts in topic: 1

Post by oljames3 »

Y'all have fun. I live 30 miles east of Austin. Too far to join you. Instead, I will take my two youngest sons shooting this morning and to a formal class this afternoon. Happy Father's Day eve!
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

Diesel42
Posts in topic: 21

Post by Diesel42 »

Looking forward to meeting folks!
Nick
Nick Stone
Have Truck, Will Travel
NRA Life Member

hovercat
Posts in topic: 4

Post by hovercat »

I will be there with my better half.

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 16

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Still coming, but my wife fell ill yesterday and has a nasty cold, so I'll be alone.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

SA-TX
Posts in topic: 12

Post by SA-TX »

joe817 wrote:
Bitter Clinger wrote:Just look for the group all wearing untucked shirts :biggrinjester:
... And Hawaiian shirts? :cool:
Or tucked and open carrying.

Is anyone bringing name tags? I have some printer labels that could work although not ideal. I'll bring them just in case.

SA-TX

Post by SA-TX »

The Annoyed Man wrote:Still coming, but my wife fell ill yesterday and has a nasty cold, so I'll be alone.
Bummer. I hope TAW recovers fully and quickly.

SA-TX

Post by SA-TX »

Nice to meet everyone. Had a great time. Hope we can schedule a range / tactical training day in the near future. Anyone know an instructor who would might entertain our motley crew?

SA-TX

treadlightly
Posts in topic: 6

Post by treadlightly »

Well, dang, missed all the fun. Hope it happens again. At least I know where it is. Darn gps took me to the shopping center just west of Rudy's.

But it was a nice ride here. I scrambled the Gold Wing as soon as I saw this thread, about 7:30 this morning.

Took the back road out of Tehuacana, through Dawson to Frost and Italy where there was some kind of bicycle ride in progress. I always show bicyclists respect. There but for Gottlieb Daimler 's foolish invention I'd be cranking pedals, too.

A quick strafing run through Waxahachie and Midlothian and here I am, a little late for the party but with a nice ride back to look forward to.

I wonder if anything's going on in Granbury? Only one way to find out, and my mood is not consistent with straight line courses today.

Wander today I shall.

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 16

Post by The Annoyed Man »

SA-TX wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:Still coming, but my wife fell ill yesterday and has a nasty cold, so I'll be alone.
Bummer. I hope TAW recovers fully and quickly.
I called her when I was on the way home to let her know I was on the way......she's totally lost her voice. She told me when I got home that she didn't realize she had lost her voice until she asked the dog if he wanted out.....and it came out as a squeak.

This is not going to be good. :lol:

Anyway, I had a really good time. It was good to have some grown up conversation, good to reconnect with some old friends, and good to meet new ones.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Jusme
Posts in topic: 69

Post by Jusme »

I thought it was a great success! So good to meet and chat with those I have gotten to know only through their posts!

Prayers for TAW I hope she recovers quickly.

For the sake of keeping track here is the list of the great folks who made it this morning.

Flightmare
Bitter Clinger
Hovercat ( and Mrs Hovercat)
SA-TX
Bblhd672 ( and Mrs)
Chasfm11
Diesel42
The Annoyed Man
Lucas McCain ( and Mrs)
Excaliber
And Yours Truly

We were also treated to a FaceTime call from Vol Texan and his breakfast group in Houston.

We are open to suggestions for our next meetup so if someone has another location, or even activity other than breakfast, go ahead and post them.

Thanks to Rudy's for the great food and location where we were able to meet, talk and laugh. Some were OC some were CC and no one had an issue.
Looking forward to our next meetup and hoping to have even more at the next one.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Bitter Clinger
Banned
Posts in topic: 35

Post by Bitter Clinger »

SA-TX wrote:Nice to meet everyone. Had a great time. Hope we can schedule a range / tactical training day in the near future. Anyone know an instructor who would might entertain our motley crew?

SA-TX
As I mentioned, I train with two instructors, both of whom are available to train private groups:

http://txconcealedcarry.com/

https://www.criticaldefensegroup.com/

Also, I think that they would probably entertain us as a group at this range just North of TMS:

http://proactivedefense.net/
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

Flightmare
Posts in topic: 59

Post by Flightmare »

It was a bear for me to get up and over there from Plano, but it was well worth it. I am hardly a morning person, but I was looking forward to this. Was great being able to meet some of the people here. A wide range of topics discussed and everyone was as friendly as could be. Cannot wait for the next one!
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

Excaliber
Posts in topic: 62

Post by Excaliber »

The breakfast was a huge success!

I thoroughly enjoyed meeting the folks whose posts I've been reading for years, and the great conversation that consisted of real, honest discussion without worrying about offending or triggering a snowflake.

This was a definite "gotta do it again".
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

hovercat
Posts in topic: 4

Post by hovercat »

Wife and I had a great time. Thank you to Jusme for setting this up, and all for the fellowship.

Return to “Off-Topic”