Just be glad we had Bubba

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Bitter Clinger
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Just be glad we had Bubba

Post by Bitter Clinger »

I decided that I wanted my Hurricane Harvey (cash) relief donations to go to folks exactly like Bubba.

So I found links on Facebook to "Cops4Cops" Texas (https://www.cops4copstx.org/home) who are down in Houston making supply drops & performing water rescues and for the "This is Texas Freedom Force" (http://www.titff.org/) who have established 3 base camps in South Texas (Port Aransas helping with cleanup, Wharton feeding 500 meals per day to first responders and in Houston making supply drops & water rescues).

I know folks that are active in both organizations and I prefer to give to groups that where I know how the money will be used vs. some of the bigger relief organization that have huge overhead and bureaucracy. Just my $.02 and a little bit more, in this case :txflag:
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

JustSomeOldGuy
Posts in topic: 1

Post by JustSomeOldGuy »

I hope that the liberal/blue state contingent in Houston appreciate and will perhaps even remember down the (dry) road that when their living room filled up with water, it wasn't the gov't that showed up to help first, it was the RVN (redneck volunteer navy). Not holding my breath, but it might be fun to see if the balance shifts any in the next local election......
member of the church of San Gabriel de Possenti
lay brother in the order of St. John Moses Browning
USPSA limited/single stack/revolver

ninjabread
Posts in topic: 1

Post by ninjabread »

JustSomeOldGuy wrote:I hope that the liberal/blue state contingent in Houston appreciate and will perhaps even remember down the (dry) road that when their living room filled up with water, it wasn't the gov't that showed up to help first, it was the RVN (redneck volunteer navy). Not holding my breath, but it might be fun to see if the balance shifts any in the next local election......
With apologies to Kipling:

In times of storms and not before, God and Bubba we adore.
But in times of calm with all things righted, God is forgotten and Bubba slighted.
This is my opinion. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Topic author
The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 5

Post by The Annoyed Man »

ninjabread wrote:
JustSomeOldGuy wrote:I hope that the liberal/blue state contingent in Houston appreciate and will perhaps even remember down the (dry) road that when their living room filled up with water, it wasn't the gov't that showed up to help first, it was the RVN (redneck volunteer navy). Not holding my breath, but it might be fun to see if the balance shifts any in the next local election......
With apologies to Kipling:

In times of storms and not before, God and Bubba we adore.
But in times of calm with all things righted, God is forgotten and Bubba slighted.
Well played, my friend! Well played! :cheers2:
Last edited by The Annoyed Man on Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Bitter Clinger
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Bitter Clinger »

AndyC wrote:
Bitter Clinger wrote:I decided that I wanted my Hurricane Harvey (cash) relief donations to go to folks exactly like Bubba.

So I found links on Facebook to "Cops4Cops" Texas (https://www.cops4copstx.org/home) who are down in Houston making supply drops & performing water rescues and for the "This is Texas Freedom Force" (http://www.titff.org/) who have established 3 base camps in South Texas (Port Aransas helping with cleanup, Wharton feeding 500 meals per day to first responders and in Houston making supply drops & water rescues).

I know folks that are active in both organizations and I prefer to give to groups that where I know how the money will be used vs. some of the bigger relief organization that have huge overhead and bureaucracy. Just my $.02 and a little bit more, in this case :txflag:
Excellent - I've been donating to National Alliance for Law Enforcement Support (nalestough.org) for socks and various animal rescue organisations - I'll be donating to your links as well :thumbs2:
Thanks brother. Just rec'd a pic of the Cops4cops team on the ground in Houston. See if you might recognize anyone:

"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

Return to “Off-Topic”