Take a Knee Updated

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 7

Take a Knee Updated

Post by anygunanywhere »

I am not the author of this, I copied it with permission from another forum.

TAKE A KNEE

Take a little trip to Valley Forge in January. If you don't know where that is, just Google it from the sidelines. Hold a musket ball in your fingers and imagine it piercing your flesh and breaking a bone or two. There won't be a doctor or trainer to assist you until after the battle, so just wait your turn. Take your cleats and socks off to get a real experience. Then take a knee.

Then, take one at the beach in Normandy where man after American man stormed the beach, even as the one in front of him was shot to pieces...the very sea stained with American blood. The only blockers most had were the dead bodies in front of them, riddled with bullets from enemy fire.

Take a knee in the sweat soaked jungles of Vietnam. from Khe San to Saigon... Anywhere will do. REAL Americans died in all those jungles. There was no playbook that told them what was next, but they knew what flag they represented. When they came home, they were protested as well..and spit on for reasons only cowards know.

Take another knee in the blood drenched sands of Fallujah in 110 degree heat... Wear your Kevlar helmet and battle dress... Your number won't be printed on it unless your number is up! You'll need to stay hydrated but there won't be anyone to squirt Gatorade into your mouth. You're on your own.

There's a lot of places to take a knee. Real Americans have given their lives all over the world. When you use the banner under which they fought as a source for your displeasure, you dishonor the memories of those who bled for the very freedoms you have. That's what the red stripes mean. It represents the blood of those who spilled a sea of it defending your liberty.

While you're on your knee, pray for those that came before you, not on a manicured lawn striped and printed with numbers to announce every inch of ground taken...but on nameless hills and bloodied beaches and sweltering forests and bitter cold mountains...every inch marked by an American life lost serving that flag you protest.

No cheerleaders, no announcers, no coaches, no fans...just American men and women...delivering the real fight against those who chose to harm us...blazing a path so you would have 'the right to take a knee.'

You haven't an inkling what it took to get you where you are; but your 'protest' is duly noted. Not only is it disgraceful to a nation of real heroes, it serves the purpose of pointing to your ingratitude for those who chose to defend you under that banner that will still wave long after your jersey is issued to another...

If you really feel the need to take a knee, come with me to church on Sunday and we'll both kneel before Almighty God. We'll thank Him for preserving this country for as long as He has. We'll beg forgiveness for our ingratitude for all He has provided us. We'll appeal to Him for understanding and wisdom. We'll pray for liberty and justice for all...because He is the one who provides those things.

And there will be no protest. There will only be gratitude for His provision and a plea for His continued grace and mercy on the land of the free and the home of the brave It goes like this...

"GOD BLESS AMERICA!"
Last edited by anygunanywhere on Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

parabelum
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Take a Knee

Post by parabelum »

Amen!
:patriot:

Tex1961
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Tex1961 »

:patriot: Thank you.

flechero

Post by flechero »

Sums up a lot, very nicely!

:patriot:

thatguyoverthere
Posts in topic: 4

Post by thatguyoverthere »

Very powerful. Thanks for sharing.

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

Stand proud for your country and land of oppertunity!
Kneel only before God and ask for his forgiveness and grace!

Thanks for posting that!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 2

Post by bblhd672 »

:patriot: No words to add to that.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

oljames3

Post by oljames3 »

Amen.
:patriot: :txflag:
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

Amen. With your permission, I would like to share this.
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

1911 10MM
Posts in topic: 4

Post by 1911 10MM »

Great post. I have already decided the NFL will no longer be on my watch list until they change their ways.

Nano

Post by Nano »

Amen and with your permission I would like to share this.
NRA Member

Topic author
anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 7

Post by anygunanywhere »

Share away, gentleman.

Here is another reminder of proper use of the term "taking a knee".

https://patriotpost.us/alexander/51534

Respectfully to all of the Gold Star Mothers. God bless you and may He comfort you in your loss.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

loktite

Re: Take a Knee Updated

Post by loktite »

Thank you for this.
NRA Endowment Member

treadlightly

Post by treadlightly »

The Dallas Cowboys web site has a "contact" form with different categories to choose from.

Here's what I sent to their ticket sales department yesterday morning:

Is it possible to buy lifetime passes?

I'd like to do that as soon as you play an exhibition game in N. Korea and turn your backs in protest on the little doughboy who killed Otto Warmbier.

Or for a more popular stand, play a game in Saudi Arabia. When the royals enter the stadium, break out maypoles and prance around with rainbow pom-poms in protest of that country's death penalty for being gay.

No? Not going to do that? Is it perhaps because what you protest is actually your safe space?

What nettles me is you protest the symbols of America, not the people you think have indirectly wronged you. Your stand is naive, your principles are poorly focused, and I kneel on my remote when football comes on the tube.

American ideals aren't the problem. Americans who fail those ideals, either by kneeling in pampered indignation on the sidelines or by abuse of power, those are the problems.

But make some meaningful protest where human rights are actually abused by tyranny, and I'll be back.

Please forward to Jerry Jones.

So far, no answer.

Aunt Eva

Post by Aunt Eva »

If the NFL players want to take a knee, I think we should help them out.

Return to “Off-Topic”