MidwayUSA - One High Quality Company!

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Abraham
Posts in topic: 2

MidwayUSA - One High Quality Company!

Post by Abraham »

Last week, I was very disappointed in an extended Ruger 9 round magazine I'd bought from MidwayUSA.

Why?

After expending roughly 150 rounds of 9MM, the guts of the entire magazine simply fell out and I couldn't find any of the parts after looking and looking and looking for them with help, I might add...somewhere in Cell 14 at PSC you may happen upon them, (or maybe on either side of Cell 14, or who knows where..?) though at this point, I think space aliens absconded with them...

So, I returned the magazine sans internals back to Midway last Monday.

I received a brand, spanking new one today.

To say I'm impressed with their high quality customer service is an understatement.

In the future, I will be doing a lot more business with them.

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 1

Re: MidwayUSA - One High Quality Company!

Post by bblhd672 »

I've had nothing but good dealings with MidwayUSA.

Family owned business with a good story:
https://www.midwayusa.com/general.mvc/i ... ot-started
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Tex1961

Post by Tex1961 »

Did you send your Ruger back yet?

Topic author
Abraham

Post by Abraham »

Tex1961,

Are you referencing my disappointing experience with the Ruger LC9S?

If so, the answer is yes, same day I returned the magazine to Midway. I've yet to see the pistol's return...

Generally speaking, I buy top tier items be they firearms or air conditioners.

I broke my own policy and went ahead and bought the Ruger LC9S not thinking of them as top tier, but somewhat above say...High Point.

Ruger fans were quick to tell me how Ruger makes so many firearms that yes, occasionally they produce a lemon, but they've had no problems with their Ruger firearms.

O.K., I can accept that, but not only did the pistol I bought fail in 2 separate areas, even their magazine failed. Which amounts to a 3rd failure with a Ruger product. (which I mentioned in a earlier thread Midway promptly made good on the magazine, and if/when my pistol is repaired and returned, we'll see how well all goes...) but, I can assure you my thoughts regarding Ruger's quality control is not good enough for me to buy another of their products.

Sights going sour front and aft, including their magazines doesn't inspire confidence to buy more of what they have to sell.

I wonder, were they bought out and now have new (mis) management?

Lynyrd

Post by Lynyrd »

I've bought a lot of stuff from Midway. Quality service, but the shipping fees can get a bit pricey.
Do what you say you're gonna do.

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

Lynyrd wrote:I've bought a lot of stuff from Midway. Quality service, but the shipping fees can get a bit pricey.
:iagree:

Look for the free shipping offers that pop up occasionally. There is also a trick you can try. Search for items with free shipping, and add a low cost item that you might actually want to your cart. The total shipping charges usually drop by more than the cost of said item (though usually not to zero). Net-net, you get a pair of scissors or a hat, or whatever, for free, and end up saving a couple bucks in the process.

Lynyrd

Post by Lynyrd »

Soccerdad1995 wrote:
Lynyrd wrote:I've bought a lot of stuff from Midway. Quality service, but the shipping fees can get a bit pricey.

Look for the free shipping offers that pop up occasionally. There is also a trick you can try. Search for items with free shipping, and add a low cost item that you might actually want to your cart. The total shipping charges usually drop by more than the cost of said item (though usually not to zero). Net-net, you get a pair of scissors or a hat, or whatever, for free, and end up saving a couple bucks in the process.
Thanks for the tip!
Do what you say you're gonna do.

TexasJohnBoy
Banned

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

Lynyrd wrote:
Soccerdad1995 wrote:

Thanks for the tip!
The only time this hasn't gotten me down to $0 shipping cost is when I bought bullets. I can't complain though, those get heavy!
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

MechAg94

Post by MechAg94 »

MidwayUSA has a number of store brand shooting bags, pistol pouches, and other gear that are decent quality and not too expensive. If you find the right one for you, check out different colors. Sometimes one color is on sale, but others are not.

I bought several single pistol bags they sell that have room for several magazines and a few parts. I have several pistols and it helps keep magazines and misc bits together. I like having several mags for each pistol and got tired of them piling up. Still working on labeling.
https://www.midwayusa.com/product/93916 ... istol-case

TreyHouston
Posts in topic: 4

Post by TreyHouston »

I see they are doing a giveaway as well!
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

TreyHouston

Post by TreyHouston »

Soccerdad1995 wrote:

Your right! Just ordered some ammo I wanted and some pliker 9mm ammo with free shipping. 1000rds total and shipping was $3 and no tax. Can’t beat that!

THANKS!!!

Pete92FS

Post by Pete92FS »

Have had nothing but good luck with these guys. Good quality company.
CHL since 01/26/09

TreyHouston

Post by TreyHouston »

Ya, I think I’m recalling my good words about this company. Ill let you know how this story turns out.

TreyHouston

Post by TreyHouston »

So Midway sent out an email for 45% off Oakley gloves. One certain type and color. If you get the emails you might remember it on Friday. So I searched for the order on their website and the gloves popped up, but not on sale. Same type and color as the picture in the email. Only 3 color options listed, and only one Oakley glove they sell, but not on sale, but same “original price” listed. Confused, I search for the item number listed on the sale picture, “no item found”. I sent am email and tried to Live Chat, nothing. Went and looked at the gloves again and only one pair was listed. Figured it was the same one, as the picture is the exact same and there are NO other options. I placed my order and hoped they would correct it on Monday.
Order shipped USPS I assume on Saturday. Got a message from Brian (service rep) saying that it is NOT the same glove or color and that the listing for the item as deleted off their web site and all history of the item was completely removed from their inventory. The only way he was able to verify this was because he had taken a screenshot of the item in the past. If I dont want it, I need to pay the return shipping and they would be happy to refund me the money.

Ya, that’s called “Bait and Switch”, they cannot even show they had it to begin with.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”