Pre-CHL Stop

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
diverman26
Posts in topic: 2

Pre-CHL Stop

Post by diverman26 »

As someone who is brand new to CC (my LTC is "print pending") I have thoroughly enjoyed the many topics here. Quite a few stir up memories and this is the only LEO encounter I have had that is gun related:
About 7-8 years ago I was pulled over for speeding. It's the first time since the 80s I have had official LEO contact so I was a bit nervous. When I was asked for my insurance I started to open the center console and then remembered - there is an XD45 there.
I put my hands back on the steering wheel and said "before I open the console I should tell you that there is a pistol on top of everything."
The officer replied "Well, let's don't open it then."
I said "It's not loaded."
He just looked at me and said "Why do you have an unloaded gun? That's not going to do you any good."
He then walked back to his car for a few minutes, came back and told me to slow down.
That's it. Took 7-8 minutes total and I left with two important revelations:
1. That went really well. Good to know we have some good ones out there.
2. I have never had a gun out of the safe that was unloaded unless I was cleaning or at the range (per range rules).

RogueUSMC
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Pre-CHL Stop

Post by RogueUSMC »

You seem like an intelligent sort...do you mean that you mean that you unload to clean just because the range rules say to?... :lol:

Just jerking your chain. Welcome to the forum and I look forward to seeing what you contribute.
A man will fight harder for his interests than for his rights.
- Napoleon Bonaparte
PFC Paul E. Ison USMC 1916-2001

Topic author
diverman26
Posts in topic: 2

Post by diverman26 »

RogueUSMC wrote:You seem like an intelligent sort...do you mean that you mean that you unload to clean just because the range rules say to?... :lol:
Actually, I have nowhere to keep a gun when I am vacuuming because - well, let me read forum rules again before I finish that sentence.

Thanks for the kind welcome.

howdy
Posts in topic: 1

Post by howdy »

diverman26 wrote:
RogueUSMC wrote:You seem like an intelligent sort...do you mean that you mean that you unload to clean just because the range rules say to?... :lol:
Actually, I have nowhere to keep a gun when I am vacuuming because - well, let me read forum rules again before I finish that sentence.

Thanks for the kind welcome.

The very thought is painful to my brain. Welcome to the forum
Texas LTC Instructor
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Life Patron Member TSRA Member
USMC 1972-1979

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”