"Waiting Room"

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

CeaseTheOne
Posts in topic: 5

Re: "Waiting Room"

Post by CeaseTheOne »

Thanks!
But it's odd that your application hasn't progressed.
You should have gotten an email titled "License to Carry - Documents Received"
If not, are you SURE that you clicked the "attach" button after choosing the file?
I made that mistake. Chose the file, but didn't attach it!

I submitted the app and did receive the email with barcode showing it was submitted, then the fingerprints were done the following day. For a day or two it did show submitted, then that was gone and haven't seen anything after that.
I have never seen the box with check marks.

dino9832

Post by dino9832 »

The email with the barcode should have the following on it:
Please upload all items from the checklist, if any, through the RSD secured website: https://www.dps.texas.gov/rsd/contact/ltcatt.aspx or mail to:

You need to upload the form they gave you from the class you took.
The form is called the "LTC-100". I scanned mine into a PDF file and attached that.

CeaseTheOne

Post by CeaseTheOne »

Yup, that was submitted the day of the app

Db4r
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Db4r »

I’m in the same boat, it must be across the board.

kburton
Posts in topic: 10

Post by kburton »

started application on 11/29/17
took LTC Course 12/2/17
submitted docs 12/2/17
fingerprints 12/10/17
all green 12/12/17
Background check under review and Print pending completion of application review for almost 4 weeks now...

I have called DPS and was told they have everything they need, but I can't figure out why its taking so long. I am a Veteran and have held a secret security clearance (which I got faster than this). No arrests/felonies, clean record and moved only a few times in the military... I know I haven't given it 60 days, but it seems like most right now are within 30-40 days. Should I call again or is this normal?

infoman
Posts in topic: 27

Post by infoman »

that’s very normal, they are back logged from holidays

kbriggs
Posts in topic: 6

Post by kbriggs »

I took and passed my LTC course 3 days ago on 1/9/2018, submitted a PDF of the form online that day, paid the fee, and made the fingerprint appointment at IdentoGo for the following day. That evening I received the "License to Carry - Documents Received" email. Clicking the https://txapps.texas.gov/txapp/txdps/chl/ link provided and logging in via my DL number and birthday it showed a page with "Status: Submitted" (or something very similar to that). The next day (1/10/2018) I had my fingerprints taken at IdentoGo.

So now when I go back to that same status page and login again, there is no Status line on that page anymore. What happened there? I see other people in this thread mention green check marks next to the various status points. Where exactly is this located?

Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 14

Post by Pawpaw »

kbriggs wrote:So now when I go back to that same status page and login again, there is no Status line on that page anymore. What happened there? I see other people in this thread mention green check marks next to the various status points. Where exactly is this located?
It will take a week or two before you see that info.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

kbriggs

Post by kbriggs »

Pawpaw wrote:It will take a week or two before you see that info.
Ok, thanks. It's odd that they showed a status line for 2 days and then removed it. I was hoping to get an acknowledgment that IdentoGo submitted my fingerprints.

Cburr

Post by Cburr »

Did online app 12\22\17
Fingerprinting 12\27\17
Took LTC class 01\06\18 and uploaded class paperwork that day.
Received email stating they had received my upload on 01\09\18.
The Website status check does not show any of this.
How long does it normally take for the webpage to show anything?
I just get LICENSE APPLICATION STATUS: If you have a pending License to Carry a Handgun application, please allow sufficient time for processing. If you have not already done so, please submit all of the items listed on the checklist you received. DPS will notify you by mail if further information or additional documents are required. Once the application and documents have been received by Handgun Licensing and processing has begun, a more detailed status will appear on this page.

infoman
Posts in topic: 27

Post by infoman »

It takes a couple weeks before you see a status.

Cburr

Post by Cburr »

infoman wrote:It takes a couple weeks before you see a status.

Thank you.

Josh

Post by Josh »

Just submitted prints and Ltc form and shortly after couldn’t check on my status. It says the website is undergoing work. Is this happening to others?

Suz
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Suz »

Josh wrote:Just submitted prints and Ltc form and shortly after couldn’t check on my status. It says the website is undergoing work. Is this happening to others?
Yes, it's been down all day.

Josh

Post by Josh »

Website is back up it seems. I'll post updates on how long until it shows my status for the LTC application and when I receive my license in the mail.

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”