CA: No place but California

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 5

Re: CA: No place but California

Post by bblhd672 »

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/20 ... the-chaos/
Normalizing the chaos in California
Unchallenged liberalism leaves homelessness, drug needles and garbage in its wake

Liberal policy failure is all around us and destroys lives every day. In California, the destruction of society and individual lives has become so overwhelming, the state’s liberal overseers now spend their time covering up where they can and normalizing the chaos as much as possible.

Since 2013, when now-liberal icon Eric Garcetti was elected mayor of Los Angeles, and the nation had just re-elected Barack Obama as president, Los Angeles’ homeless population skyrocketed 46 percent. During the Obama years, where unchallenged liberalism was pushed and accepted (wrongly) as the new normal, we saw the leftist economic menace rage through the entire nation, destroying businesses and the full-time jobs that went with them.

In California, the destruction is particularly acute. As the social structure in major cities continues to break down, the state focuses on banning plastic straws, whether to release from prison a mass murderer from the Manson family, while cheering at becoming as sanctuary state.

Just this week, the Los Angeles Times issued an editorial titled, “Los Angeles homeless crisis is a national disgrace.” Actually, it’s not — it’s a California disgrace. The editorial exemplifies the refusal of liberals to not just admit their responsibility to social destruction, but an inability to even relate to reality.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

montgomery
Posts in topic: 1

Post by montgomery »

philip964 wrote:California really needs its own thread.
California needs its own secession. #good-riddens

:cheers2:

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 247

Post by philip964 »

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 247

Post by philip964 »

strogg
Posts in topic: 39

Post by strogg »

Lets not forget https://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/D ... 30013.html
The NBC Bay Area Investigative Unit surveyed 153 blocks of downtown San Francisco in search of trash, needles, and feces. The investigation revealed trash littered across every block. The survey also found 41 blocks dotted with needles and 96 blocks sullied with piles of feces.

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

philip964 wrote:https://apnews.com/3497917b75ed4cd18d65 ... tuary-laws

Sessions file lawsuit against CA.
I'm actually rooting for California to win this case. Here's why. And remember IANAL, so this could all be way off base.

California is asserting that they can not only refuse to enforce federal laws they disagree with, but that they can go one step further and actively subvert the enforcement efforts of the federal government by, among other things, refusing to share information on folks who have violated those federal laws they disagree with. I would love to see the state of Texas do the same thing with any new federal restrictions on guns.

At it's core, I think this is a question of state's rights. The SCOTUS has already ruled that enforcement of immigration laws is the purview of the federal government and not the states back when Arizona passed some state laws related to the enforcement of federal laws, so clearly it's not a question of whether the federal government has the authority to make or enforce the immigration laws that apply in California. California's only real argument is that they don't have to help the feds in any enforcement action. I can see their point on that front, and I sincerely wish that Texas would do the same thing with regard to federal laws that we disagree with.

This could include federal efforts to restrict the sale or possession of certain types of guns and gun accessories (bump stocks, etc). But it could also apply more broadly. If the federal government wants to enforce environmental laws, they can do it without any access whatsoever to property ownership records or other information that is obtained by the state, for example. Or maybe we could give them intentionally false property ownership records, and tip off businesses and property owners when federal agencies were planning to stop by to see if there were any environmental law violations...

I am hopeful that a California win in this case would establish a significant precedent for the cause of state's rights in general. File this under the heading of "unintended consequences" for all the California liberals who generally like an all powerful federal government that can order state's around. Unfortunately, I believe that we already have precedent for this back when Alabama decided they didn't much like the new federal desegregation laws in the 1960's and the then-President of the U.S. responded by federalizing the Alabama National Guard. I don't foresee a ruling here that reverses that course and starts to actually strengthen state's rights.

ajwakeboarder
Posts in topic: 3

Post by ajwakeboarder »

philip964 wrote:https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatod ... /384853002

Worst quality of life in US.
And here I thought it was just me. I absolutely hate living here!!! I can't wait to move back to Texas!!!
SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Abraham
Posts in topic: 19

Post by Abraham »

ajwakeboarder,

And many millions will be joining you to either come here or elsewhere, but no matter where they settle, it won't be in California.

People are leaving Ca. in droves and for good reason, yet the pols there simply refuse to recognize reality.

As a kid, I recall how almost nightly on tv news, you'd hear how many thousands weekly were heading out for Ca...no longer.

Why their pols refuse to accept reality is bizarre...yet they continue to tout leftist garbage.

I wonder what'll happen when skilled labor is almost entirely gone. My guess: The uber-rich will have to fly in plumbers, electricians, carpenters, pay all their travel/lodging expenses, (never mind the cost to fix whatever....) etc., from out of state, cuz aint nobody in the middle class gonna live there no mo...

However, they'll be druggies, bums galore, needles/feces on the sidewalk, and crime like never before.

It'll be like "Clockwork Orange" only it won't be a movie.

twomillenium
Posts in topic: 1

Post by twomillenium »

rotor wrote:I remember a different California. Gun stores like in the movie Terminator. Watch out Texas, it could happen here.
My first experience with computers was punch cards too. I believe it was an IBM 1401. You had to schedule time to use it.
Ah, yes I remember having to schedule time to use the computer. That is one reason I made sure I had a computer at home when they were made available. I remember the Apple IIc, c stood for compact, but you had to be in fairly good shape to lug the monitor and processor around. :shock:
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 5

Post by bblhd672 »

Abraham wrote:ajwakeboarder,

And many millions will be joining you to either come here or elsewhere, but no matter where they settle, it won't be in California.

People are leaving Ca. in droves and for good reason, yet the pols there simply refuse to recognize reality.

As a kid, I recall how almost nightly on tv news, you'd hear how many thousands weekly were heading out for Ca...no longer.

Why their pols refuse to accept reality is bizarre...yet they continue to tout leftist garbage.

I wonder what'll happen when skilled labor is almost entirely gone. My guess: The uber-rich will have to fly in plumbers, electricians, carpenters, pay all their travel/lodging expenses, (never mind the cost to fix whatever....) etc., from out of state, cuz aint nobody in the middle class gonna live there no mo...

However, they'll be druggies, bums galore, needles/feces on the sidewalk, and crime like never before.

It'll be like "Clockwork Orange" only it won't be a movie.
Well, I hope that the droves leaving CA and moving to Texas don't vote the same caliber of politicians into office that screwed up CA.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Abraham
Posts in topic: 19

Post by Abraham »

bblhd672,

I understand your concern, however if they want to export their leftis nuttiness, why would they move.

They're in nirvana...why leave?

Used junkie needles on sidewalk, tents filled with bums (oh, wait, what a horrible faux pas on my part... I should have "the homeless") human feces everywhere, and "hey man, I need money and you give me what's in your wallet".

Wait, have 'flame throwers gone out of fashion"...

strogg

Post by strogg »

besides, the super liberals I've met all think Texas is filled with evil gun-slinging racists driving pickup trucks. They'd all feel butt-hurt just thinking about moving here.

Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Pawpaw »

Abraham wrote:if they want to export their leftist nuttiness, why would they move.
I think it's because many (most?) of them lack the logical facilities to understand that it was all those "feelz gud" policies that caused the problem in the first place.
Last edited by Pawpaw on Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

strogg

Post by strogg »

http://www.latimes.com/local/california ... story.html

nothing like an increased cost of the monorail to nowhere that no one will ride. I guess Commifornia folks never watched the Simpsons https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taJ4MFCxiuo

spectre
Banned
Posts in topic: 4

Post by spectre »

Abraham wrote:I understand your concern, however if they want to export their leftis nuttiness, why would they move.
They're irrational and don't (or won't) see the connection between their politics and the result of their politics.
I'm in a good place right now
Not emotionally or financially
But I am at the gun store

Return to “Off-Topic”