30.07 sign comes down

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
troglodyte
Posts in topic: 1

30.07 sign comes down

Post by troglodyte »

I have a friend from church that is a clothing sales rep. He took my LTC class a couple of weeks ago and during the class I mentioned the Texas30.06 app and how I get an alert when I go by a western store on the west side of town. I used the western store as an example of how businesses can chose to post one or the other signs if they so choose. Being they only posted a 30.07 sign I was never too bent out of shape over it but it did seem a little out of character for a western store. It didn't stop me from shopping there.

The sales rep caught me at church yesterday and said he didn't see the 30.07 sign when he called on them last week. He asked the owner about it and the own replied that he was getting too much negative feedback on it and took it down. The rep told the owner that he was surprised he would have posted in the first place as the owner is 2A friendly. The owner told him the sign people came around and convinced him he needed to post something.

With all the negatives against the 2A happening right now I was glad to hear of at least a small victory.

Boot City in Lubbock is now sign free. If you happen to be in the Lubbock area stop in and tell them thanks.
Talon Firearms Training
Instructor - License To Carry, School Safety, First Responder: Texas DPS, Certified Instructor: Rangemasters/Tom Givens
NRA Instructor - Basic Pistol, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home, Range Safety Officer
Stop The Bleed Instructor

Syntyr
Posts in topic: 2

Re: 30.07 sign comes down

Post by Syntyr »

Awesome!

:thumbs2:

I am seeing a lot fewer 30.06 signs up as merchants are educated, but still a lot of 30.07 signs. I have seen a few 30.07 signs come down but that seems more rare than the 30.06 sign coming down. Usually I find out the owner was told they had to have both. Eventually through negative feedback and education they take down the 30.06 sign.

Progress such that it is and I'll take it.
Syntyr
"Wherever you go... There you are." - Buckaroo Banzai
"Inconceivable!" - Fizzinni

Grundy1133
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Grundy1133 »

Syntyr wrote:Awesome!

I am seeing a lot fewer 30.06 signs up as merchants are educated, but still a lot of 30.07 signs. I have seen a few 30.07 signs come down but that seems more rare than the 30.06 sign coming down. Usually I find out the owner was told they had to have both. Eventually through negative feedback and education they take down the 30.06 sign.

around where i live the only places that have signs are hospitals, schools (gun buster signs, naturally), and car dealerships. i live in a fairly small town but a most of the small business owners are educated about guns and the necessity of them and the idiocy of GFSZs
NRA Member

loktite

Post by loktite »

Grundy1133 wrote: around where i live the only places that have signs are hospitals, schools (gun buster signs, naturally), and car dealerships. i live in a fairly small town but a most of the small business owners are educated about guns and the necessity of them and the idiocy of GFSZs
And one airline seat manufacturer :P
NRA Endowment Member

Grundy1133

Post by Grundy1133 »

loktite wrote:
Grundy1133 wrote: around where i live the only places that have signs are hospitals, schools (gun buster signs, naturally), and car dealerships. i live in a fairly small town but a most of the small business owners are educated about guns and the necessity of them and the idiocy of GFSZs
And one airline seat manufacturer :P
oh yeah i forgot about them lol. theyre a french company, what do they know. lol
NRA Member

Syntyr
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Syntyr »

Grundy1133 wrote:
Syntyr wrote:Awesome!

around where i live the only places that have signs are hospitals, schools (gun buster signs, naturally), and car dealerships. i live in a fairly small town but a most of the small business owners are educated about guns and the necessity of them and the idiocy of GFSZs
I live in Sugar land. Outside of Houston. When OC passed 30 to 40 pct of businesses posted. It was crazy. The sign sales people were busy.
Syntyr
"Wherever you go... There you are." - Buckaroo Banzai
"Inconceivable!" - Fizzinni

Maxwell

Post by Maxwell »

30.07 signs don't bother me anyway since I usually conceal anyway. If a merchant/restaurateur whats to keep the sheep feeling safe that's their business. However, If I see a 30.06 sign I turn around and walk away, then make sure it's posted on texas3006.com. :rules:
I never let schooling interfere with my education. Mark Twain

Grundy1133

Post by Grundy1133 »

Maxwell wrote:30.07 signs don't bother me anyway since I usually conceal anyway. If a merchant/restaurateur whats to keep the sheep feeling safe that's their business. However, If I see a 30.06 sign I turn around and walk away, then make sure it's posted on texas3006.com. :rules:
same here.
NRA Member

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”