Mip

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
13wyatt
Posts in topic: 7

Mip

Post by 13wyatt »

Ok so I posted my application and didn't put a old mip because my instructor said you only had to put class a and b offenses on the application but was later told you have to put them. How is this going to affect my application?

Aggie_engr
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Mip

Post by Aggie_engr »

In the short run, DPS may come back and ask for more info on the MIP. Long run it won't disqualify you from being able to obtain your LTC. Give it some time and follow instructions as you receive them on your application.

Topic author
13wyatt

Post by 13wyatt »

Also I left out a job that I only worked a very short time at. How strict are they on job history? I should have set down and thought of everything first but completely forgot about that tell a week later.

Keith B
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Keith B »

13wyatt wrote:Also I left out a job that I only worked a very short time at. How strict are they on job history? I should have set down and thought of everything first but completely forgot about that tell a week later.
As long as there are no gaps in the timeline, then it should not be an issue. If you have a date-gap that is not explained, then they will want info.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Allons

Post by Allons »

13wyatt wrote:Also I left out a job that I only worked a very short time at. How strict are they on job history? I should have set down and thought of everything first but completely forgot about that tell a week later.
In my gap I just put unemployed in the job section and that was ok.
NRA Member
US Army 1988-1999

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

Allons wrote:
In my gap I just put unemployed in the job section and that was ok.
Unemployed, self-employed, student, hobo, etc are fine, but if the gap is not explained then they will want info.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Topic author
13wyatt

Post by 13wyatt »

So it won't show up on there background checks or any thing?

treadlightly

Post by treadlightly »

13wyatt wrote:So it won't show up on there background checks or any thing?
Please don't set a future trap for yourself. Be forthright, it's worth it even if it causes delays.

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

13wyatt wrote:So it won't show up on there background checks or any thing?
They are looking for what counties and cities you were living/working in during those times. Then that will run the background checks in those cities and counties. Best bet is if you had a gap in the dates, send DPS an email and let them know you forgot to list it and give them the company and dates in the email.
Keith

Topic author
13wyatt

Post by 13wyatt »

Ok thank y'all I just went on and sent the paper work saying my mip was dismissed and everything just in case

skeathley

Post by skeathley »

What is a Mip?
Texas LTC Instructor / RSO / SSC
Viet Nam Veteran: 25th Infantry, Cu Chi
https://mckinneyfirearmstraining.com

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

skeathley wrote:What is a Mip?
I think he means "minor in possession of alcohol".
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

OldCurlyWolf

Post by OldCurlyWolf »

skeathley wrote:What is a Mip?
Minor in Possession of Alcoholic Beverages. If it is a first offense, used to be a Class C by fine only.
Now it is an almost automatic DL suspension also. Sometime until you are 21.
I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them.

Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.

Topic author
13wyatt

Post by 13wyatt »

Yes minor in possession of alcohol. They wrote me a ticket I paid $150 and took a AA class and wrote a essay and that was it. It was a few years back. So today I sent in showing it's off my record and the proof from Court House showing it was deferred but I didn't put it on the original application. Just wondering how it's going to hurt me

Odinvalknir

Post by Odinvalknir »

I have a charge from back when I was a minor. I didn't list it, mostly by accident, but the case was also dropped. My instructor told me they only go back like 10yrs on juvi stuff. If they end up wanting more info they will notify you. Otherwise you're good

Return to “Off-Topic”