In n Out Burger VS Whataburger

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Which is better?

In n Out
15%
Whataburger
85%

Total votes: 135

txglock21
Posts in topic: 1

Re: In n Out Burger VS Whataburger

Post by txglock21 »

Even though not nationwide or even region wide, I prefer Griff's, Keller's and then Whataburger, in that order. The rest are just filler for when need something quick. Of course nothing beats homemade burgers!
"Laugh about everything or cry about nothing."
NRA Life Member & TSRA Member/ Former USAF

jason812
Posts in topic: 5

Post by jason812 »

For fast food burgers, I don't know if you can beat Whataburger. I'm thinking that the one vote for for In N Out is from somebody not from TX or, has a serious medical condition and cannot taste. "rlol"

One of the best burgers I have ever had is from Backyard BBQ in Morgan's Point. The "Cry Baby" - sweet roll, jalapenos, bacon, cheese, and in the proper proportions, including grease.

Some of the best burgers to be found are in small town Mom and Pop gas stations.
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

WTR
Banned

Post by WTR »

The best burgers usually come from small hole in the wall joints. The quality of In and Out, Whataburger, and Burger King has dropped so drastically over the years, I stick with home cooked. The prices are outrageous also.

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

I have never understood the appeal of Whataburger. I put it below Burger KIng, and above Mc Donalds. But all 3 of those are far behind In-N-Out, IMHO. You gotta get the animal style, though.

My favorite burger is 5 Guys. Just don't load up on the toppings, even though they are free. It's easy to overdo it and end up only tasting the toppings, like having a big salad with some beef thrown in. Pappas is number 2 on my ranking.

My personal list:
1. 5 Guys
2. Pappas
3. Southwells
4. In-N-Out
5. Carls Jr
6. Wendy's
7. Burger KIng
8. Whataburger
9. Mc Donalds

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 5

Post by bblhd672 »

My experience has been that location matters a great deal. For instance, there are two In-N-Out locations close to me- one always produces decent burgers and fries, the other does not. Same with Five Guys. Another thing I've noticed is that most chain restaurants near a big mall tends to produce lower quality products than those not in close proximity to a big mall. In my example the In-N-Out and Five Guys that I avoid are both in close proximity to a mall. That being said, any restaurant is only as good as the management's and the employees' level of commitment to providing a quality product.
Sticking to the big chains, my list:
1. Whataburger
2. In-N-Out
3. Wendy's (although I rarely order a burger there, my preferred sandwich at Wendy's has always been spicy chicken)
4. Five Guys
5. Carl Jr/Hardees
Last edited by bblhd672 on Tue May 29, 2018 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

LeonCarr

Post by LeonCarr »

Once upon a time we had two VIPs from Alaska come to our worksite for a tour. We had several very bougie bougie places lined up for lunch. The higher up of the two VIPs said, “Where is the nearest Whataburger?”

They both sat down to Double Meat combo meals with bacon and jalapeños and ranted and raved about it the rest of the day.

Whataburger hands down.

Just my .02,
LeonCarr
"Whitetail Deer are extinct because of rifles with telescopes mounted on them." - My 11th Grade English Teacher

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

LeonCarr wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 9:24 am Once upon a time we had two VIPs from Alaska come to our worksite for a tour. We had several very bougie bougie places lined up for lunch. The higher up of the two VIPs said, “Where is the nearest Whataburger?”

They both sat down to Double Meat combo meals with bacon and jalapeños and ranted and raved about it the rest of the day.

Whataburger hands down.

Just my .02,
LeonCarr
I have a team in San Jose, CA and I do the same thing when I visit there, only with In-N-Out. I only visit there when I have to, being that it is across the border, and in a dangerous land with no respect for the civil rights that we enjoy in Texas. I think the rarity also plays a part in the appeal, at least for me. If I have any burger all the time, it starts to get less appetizing. Now y'all got me craving a burger for lunch, dang it.

As an aside, it's so dangerous in California that Texas doesn't even have an embassy there. Apparently we had to pull all of our Texans out.

flechero
Posts in topic: 2

Post by flechero »

bblhd672 wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 9:22 am My experience has been that location matters a great deal.
:iagree: Absolutely!

Our Local Whataburger is awesome... better than the average of them I have tried. In & Out nearest me is also very good... but I've had not so good versions of both.

Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Pawpaw »

Around 20 years ago there was a little one-off burger joint in an old DQ building on 6th Street in Waco.

They served an old-fashioned burger with a thick & juicy patty. Unless you used a handful of napkins, the juice would run down your arm and drip off your elbow.

It was truly a heart attack on a bun, but the best burgers are. :mrgreen:
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

Pawpaw wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 10:32 am Around 20 years ago there was a little one-off burger joint in an old DQ building on 6th Street in Waco.

They served an old-fashioned burger with a thick & juicy patty. Unless you used a handful of napkins, the juice would run down your arm and drip off your elbow.

It was truly a heart attack on a bun, but the best burgers are. :mrgreen:
Now you gotta go and mention DQ. I'd put them somewhere above BK on my list, along with Jack in the Box.

G26ster
Posts in topic: 4

Post by G26ster »

There's nothing I enjoy less than a squished flattened burger, on a stale or soggy bun, with adds randomly thrown on, that's luke warm to the touch. This describes ALL fast food burgers including the two in this poll. There are really great burgers out there at so many places, I've given up on the major chains. Calling them burgers is an insult to all self respecting gormet burgers :biggrinjester:

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

flechero wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 10:18 am
bblhd672 wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 9:22 am My experience has been that location matters a great deal.
:iagree: Absolutely!

Our Local Whataburger is awesome... better than the average of them I have tried. In & Out nearest me is also very good... but I've had not so good versions of both.
Oh yeah. The one close to my house is good. The one close to my work, not so good.

The same can be said for many places.
La Paisa on Harwood in Bedford is great. The one in Carrollton at I35E and Keller Springs is not to me. Very different. The one down on Forrest Ln. in Dallas is okay, but no where near as good as the one in Bedford.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

I would appreciate it if one of you folks that voted for In-n-Out would tell me what to order the next time I decide to give them a try. I've never known a fast food restaurant where you have to order "off-menu" to get a good meal. Apparently, I don't know how to order In-n-Out, because both times I've eaten there, it's been unremarkable.

And I agree 100% with @MadMonkey that their fries are unredeemable. A total waste of calories. Going Animal Style is not an option. All that mayo makes me ill just thinking about it.

Of the two, Whataburger is the easy choice, but for a fast-food chain-burger, 5-Guys is my favorite, then S&S.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

philip964
Posts in topic: 2

Post by philip964 »

In and Out is my favorite of the big chains, primarily as I can't get it in Houston. You like what you cannot have.

NuWay's in Wichita, is my real favorite that I can't have. Winstead's in Kansas City is a close second.

One of the problems sometimes with restaurants is that you have occasional problems. My son and I both got food poisoning at Steak and Shake, so we won't go there anymore. My wife got burned burgers two times in a row at 5 Guys, so she has nixed that one.

New place BuffBurger has a very good $11 burger. They are building a Shake Shack nearby, can't wait.

I'm not suppose to be eating burger and fries. So Whataburger is my place of choice to be bad. I just get a No.1, my son tells me that the specialty burgers are the ones that are really good, especially the ones they have discontinued.

McDonald's still has really good fries and a big Mac is still good after all these years, but in California In and Out, kills McDonald's when they are next to each other.

Richbirdhunter
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Richbirdhunter »

I’ll only drive thru whataburger since they don’t believe in OC, I don’t OC myself but I believe in the right to do it. The popular Texas restaurant chain Whataburger announced it will not allow customers to openly carry guns in their restaurants, despite a new law signed by Governor Greg Abbott in June. ... The law takes effect in January, but property owners can decide whether to prohibit open carry on their property.

IN & OUT on the other hand is a Christian owned company that allows CC or OC at their Texas locations. 9 times out of 10 I’ll choose a double double animal style with a strawberry milkshake.
Disclaimer: Anything I state can not be applied to 100% of all situations. Sometimes it's ok to speak in general terms.

Return to “Off-Topic”