Manager at Texas Whataburger denies service to detective because of his gun

So that others may learn.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Odinvalknir
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Manager at Texas Whataburger denies service to detective because of his gun

Post by Odinvalknir »

I lived in Friendswood for 20 some odd years. It very well could've been an issue with the cop that the manager had. I respect all police officers, but many Friendswood cops have been looked at questioningly by many residents, including clean cut law abiding folk, not just criminals mad because they got caught lol.

Or could just be an idiot store manager.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Odinvalknir wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:43 pm I lived in Friendswood for 20 some odd years. It very well could've been an issue with the cop that the manager had. I respect all police officers, but many Friendswood cops have been looked at questioningly by many residents, including clean cut law abiding folk, not just criminals mad because they got caught lol.

I've lived in Friendswood for 38 years and I've never once heard any negative comments about Friendswood PD.

Chas.

roadkill

Post by roadkill »

slowpoke wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:46 pm Whataburger has a policy of no open carry, but concealed is fine. Just like HEB.
I’ve open carried after hunting at the whataburger in Boerne off 10 and I believe 46. No one said a thing. I ate in peace and left. I believe the tolerance for OC varies according to stores and managers.

Grundy1133
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Grundy1133 »

I think I'll OC at a whataburger just to see what happens... my local WB has no signs posted... I'm curious to see... If they wanna kick me out i'll go right across the street to Panda Express where I KNOW they allow OC. (I like panda express better anyway lol :lol: )
NRA Member

carlson1
Posts in topic: 7

Post by carlson1 »

This has nothing to do with OC. Employees could not miss the badge. This was attack on the police. It is what it is and if the employee is not fired every American should avoid that Whataburger. The owner of the store should be bombarded with calls and letters.

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

roadkill wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:03 pm
slowpoke wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:46 pm Whataburger has a policy of no open carry, but concealed is fine. Just like HEB.
I’ve open carried after hunting at the whataburger in Boerne off 10 and I believe 46. No one said a thing. I ate in peace and left. I believe the tolerance for OC varies according to stores and managers.
I have opened carried several times at the Azle whataburger, had my order taken by the store manager, nobody said a word, I have open carried at the lake worth and weatherford Whataburger, nobody said a word! The Weatherford Whataburger was having a managers meeting at the time and none of them said anything! Guess it depends on the store!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

Liberty
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Liberty »

Charles L. Cotton wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:46 pm
Odinvalknir wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:43 pm I lived in Friendswood for 20 some odd years. It very well could've been an issue with the cop that the manager had. I respect all police officers, but many Friendswood cops have been looked at questioningly by many residents, including clean cut law abiding folk, not just criminals mad because they got caught lol.

I've lived in Friendswood for 38 years and I've never once heard any negative comments about Friendswood PD.

Chas.
I got to agree with Charles on this one, FPD has a pretty good reputation and probably better than some of the Agencies surrounding them. I could go on and on about one of the elected Galveston County Constables, but that's pretty much ancient history. Northern Galveston County has some excellent LEO agencies. particularly considering the ultra-fast growth and the strain on that puts on the area.

Does anyone remember the "Kemah Clown" days? Today they are a pretty respectable PD and have cleaned up their act.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

Richbirdhunter
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Richbirdhunter »

Didn’t something similar happen at at Whataburger in Lewisville about a year or so ago?
Disclaimer: Anything I state can not be applied to 100% of all situations. Sometimes it's ok to speak in general terms.

nightmare69

Post by nightmare69 »

Chas.
I was impressed when a Friendswood PD recruiter came all the way to east Texas to talk to us in the academy. From what I heard it was a top tier department.

Even though it doesn't apply to LEOs, Whataburger should post 30.07 to save themselves the trouble of refusing service to citizens who open carry.
2/26-Mailed paper app and packet.
5/20-Plastic in hand.
83 days mailbox to mailbox.

chasfm11

Post by chasfm11 »

Richbirdhunter wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:13 am Didn’t something similar happen at at Whataburger in Lewisville about a year or so ago?
I don't remember any Whataburger incident there. There was a officer in a more casual uniform kicked out of a Grapevine Wafflehouse a couple of years back for OC.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

nightmare69 wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:19 am

Chas.
I was impressed when a Friendswood PD recruiter came all the way to east Texas to talk to us in the academy. From what I heard it was a top tier department.

Even though it doesn't apply to LEOs, Whataburger should post 30.07 to save themselves the trouble of refusing service to citizens who open carry.
While it would legally communicate their wishes to the LTC population, this would not have prevented this issue. In fact, it may potentially cause more of these instances; plain clothes LEO denied service because they are "open carrying" and the Whataburger staff is misinformed.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

treadlightly

Post by treadlightly »

I still like The Freddie’s notice. A little sign by the door saying for the comfort of all their customers, they respectfully request their patrons refrain from open carry. Or something like that.

DEB

Post by DEB »

Flightmare wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:18 pm
nightmare69 wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:19 am

Chas.

While it would legally communicate their wishes to the LTC population, this would not have prevented this issue. In fact, it may potentially cause more of these instances; plain clothes LEO denied service because they are "open carrying" and the Whataburger staff is misinformed.
Just allow everyone to open carry. Solved! I can kinda see what the problem might be. Store Supervisor to Store Manager, don't allow any open carry or firearms that you can see. No one thought about plain clothes L.E. Store Manage does what he was told, gets in trouble. Most folks think of Policemen in full Uniform, not in plain clothes with a badge attached to one's belt. I have even seen some pretty small badges for some areas, might have even been missed and all the Manager saw was Gun and no matter what he was told later, just stayed with Gun. I vote just a misunderstanding. Have the L.E. go to the WB and show them what identifies them, or maybe it was an Anti-L.E. Manager, then have the Cops boycott and tell their friends the same.
Unless we keep the barbarian virtues, gaining the civilized ones will be of little avail. Oversentimentality, oversoftness, washiness, and mushiness are the great dangers of this age and of this people." Teddy Roosevelt"
DEB=Daniel E Bertram
U.S. Army Retired, (Sapper). VFW Life Member.

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

http://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/2018/ ... g-gun.html

Whataburger is playing this off as a misunderstanding of the company open carry policy. If that is indeed the case, either policy needs changing or staff needs to be re-educated. Whataburger seems to be leaning towards the re-education route.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

Richbirdhunter

Post by Richbirdhunter »

chasfm11 wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:12 am
Richbirdhunter wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:13 am Didn’t something similar happen at at Whataburger in Lewisville about a year or so ago?
I don't remember any Whataburger incident there. There was a officer in a more casual uniform kicked out of a Grapevine Wafflehouse a couple of years back for OC.

This was the story I was talking about.
https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Polic ... 85051.html
Disclaimer: Anything I state can not be applied to 100% of all situations. Sometimes it's ok to speak in general terms.

Return to “Never Again!!”