Blank Subpeona...Constitutional?

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
crazy2medic
Posts in topic: 1

Blank Subpeona...Constitutional?

Post by crazy2medic »

How can a Blank Subpoena be Constitutional? Explanation please.
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

bblhd672

Re: Blank Subpeona...Constitutional?

Post by bblhd672 »

crazy2medic wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:58 pm How can a Blank Subpoena be Constitutional? Explanation please.
When issued by a tyrannical government? Oh wait, that wouldn't be constitutional.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

PriestTheRunner
Posts in topic: 4

Post by PriestTheRunner »

Ya, I'm waiting for someone to explain this.

I'm also wondering why no DA's or Police have arrested sitting Judges for writing blank Subpoena and warrants.....

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

I feel like I've missed something? Fill me in? I've been in caregiver mode all day.
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

Allons

Post by Allons »

If we can hold people for years without a trial and sight national security, of course, blank Subpeona's are legal... This is America, land of the free, well maybe.
NRA Member
US Army 1988-1999

PriestTheRunner

Allons wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:42 pm If we can hold people for years without a trial and sight national security, of course, blank Subpeona's are legal... This is America, land of the free, well maybe.
Or illegally execute them with drones overseas without them facing trial.....

Not that my objection to that act will get me much respect from the war hawks. :banghead:

imkopaka

Post by imkopaka »

I'm with SewTexas...What did I miss?
Never bring a knife to a gun fight.
Carry gun: Springfield XD Tactical .45

PriestTheRunner

https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile/mu ... -manafort/

Mueller Requests 70 Blank Subpoenas in Case Against Paul Manafort

2farnorth

Post by 2farnorth »

From the article:
Former federal prosecutor Mimi Rocah explained that it is common to issue trial subpoenas for witnesses to make sure they show up, but they are blank because Mueller doesn’t want all of the witnesses revealed at this time.
Is this so the defense won't get sufficient opportunity to research and refute the witnesses testimony? I have reason not to trust any DA/prosecutor to be "fair". Their goals are often most convictions possible, rightful or wrongful
N5PNZ

PriestTheRunner

2farnorth wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:41 am From the article:
Former federal prosecutor Mimi Rocah explained that it is common to issue trial subpoenas for witnesses to make sure they show up, but they are blank because Mueller doesn’t want all of the witnesses revealed at this time.
Is this so the defense won't get sufficient opportunity to research and refute the witnesses testimony? I have reason not to trust any DA/prosecutor to be "fair". Their goals are often most convictions possible, rightful or wrongful
Or, in my own personal experience, they issue a subpoena with the wrong date or time to defense witnesses in hopes that they will not show up the trial. Personal experience of mine....

The DA only offered my brother a plea bargain when they found out that we had communicated with the witness that the trial date they were issued was incorrect..... Gotta love Smith County...

Return to “Off-Topic”