Pocket holster suggestions?

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
cmgee67
Posts in topic: 1

Pocket holster suggestions?

Post by cmgee67 »

I’m looking for a good pocket holster suggestion. I have been looking at several including the desantis nemisis, galco, Mika and a couple of others. It will be for my J frame if that helps. I have used the nemisis holster before as well as a black hawk one. Both of those worked fine. I want more of a square profile

oljames3

Re: Pocket holster suggestions?

Post by oljames3 »

cmgee67 wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:38 am I’m looking for a good pocket holster suggestion. I have been looking at several including the desantis nemisis, galco, Mika and a couple of others. It will be for my J frame if that helps. I have used the nemisis holster before as well as a black hawk one. Both of those worked fine. I want more of a square profile
http://www.remoraholsterstore.com

Most pocket holsters collapse without the gun in them, making safe reholstering difficult, if not impossible. Remora offers a reinforced top (RFT) that helps keep the empty holster open, facilitating one-handed reholstering.

That we carry is more important than how we carry. My wife takes issue with all forms of carrying except pocket carry. She carries her Walther PPS LE M2 in a Remora RTF her front pcket with the grip above the pocket, covered by her untucked shirt. Her draw is acceptable and she can, with care, reholster one-handed without muzzling herself.

I carry her former EDC, a Ruger LCR .38, in a Remora RFT in my left front pocket as backup for my openly carried S&W M&P M2.0 9mm 5inch.
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

SIGFan43

Post by SIGFan43 »

Mika is the best. I carried a hammerless Taurus titanium .38 snubbie in my front pants pocket for 13 years, and no one ever noticed it. It was also super easy for a quick draw, and the holster always stayed put.
SIGFan43
Where am I going, and why am I in this handbasket?

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

I like the Nemesis for my snub nose Detective Special.
NRA Endowment Member

NotRPB

Post by NotRPB »

:iagree: I use Desantis Nemesis for Glock 26, snubbies, & LCP style pistols

WhoWouldGuess

Post by WhoWouldGuess »

... I want more of a square profile ...

Mika offers a choice of square or rounded at the bottom.

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Look no further than Alabama Holsters: https://www.alabamaholster.com/product- ... -holsters/.

I have two of their front pocket holsters, and they are way better than the Desantis Nemesis that I used to use. WAY better. One is for my snubbie, and I have another for my G43.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”