deleted

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Fess Up

Post by The Annoyed Man »

troglodyte wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:37 pm And now it's coming down

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/politics/Te ... 61511.html
It was REAL???? :lol:

When I saw the OP, I thought it was some kind of photoshopped thing. I had no idea it really existed. That’s hilarious.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

ReverseTurtle
Posts in topic: 4

Post by ReverseTurtle »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:25 am
ReverseTurtle wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:20 pm
Grundy1133 wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:39 pm so much for your 1st amendment. i'd leave it up. and if they made me take it down sue the pants of someone for violating my 1st amendment rights.
The company that owns the board decided it didn't want it up, this has nothing to do with the 1st amendment.
Actually it does. Politically correct Nazi's are absolutely working to shut down all speach they don't like and they did it here through pressure on a sign company.

"Burkett Outdoor Advertising, the company that owns the billboard, said it was taking down the sign amid the uproar."
No, it doesn't. The board is private property. If someone came and put a "Republicans go home!" on your lawn, I'm sure you'd remove it.

I mean, this forum itself doesn't allow cuss words, or even words that sound like cuss words. I actually had a post changed the other day because of a word I used, a word that most people would not consider a cuss word, but yet it was removed. Does that go against my 1st amendment rights? I don't think so.

flechero

Post by flechero »

I'm sure the fine print of the contract give the sign co the right to remove and reimburse.... otherwise, I (if I was the guy) would have told them it stays as long as the contract term and any subsequent renewals allow.

PriestTheRunner

Post by PriestTheRunner »

And yet this one stays up. Oh the hypocrisy of the left is astounding.

JustSomeOldGuy

Post by JustSomeOldGuy »

Liberty wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:31 am So typical, The Right makes a bold statement. The left screams and hollers about the unfairness of it all. The Right caves in. The left always wins. Whether it's Illegal alien detention. or billboards.
What Burkett should have done was told all the complainers "ya want it down, then rent that billboard, here's a list of our rates"
member of the church of San Gabriel de Possenti
lay brother in the order of St. John Moses Browning
USPSA limited/single stack/revolver

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 9

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Liberty wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:31 am So typical, The Right makes a bold statement. The left screams and hollers about the unfairness of it all. The Right caves in. The left always wins. Whether it's Illegal alien detention. or billboards.
Exactly the issue. I think it is time to get as nasty and disgusting with the extremist left as they are with all of America.

03Lightningrocks

PriestTheRunner wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:03 am And yet this one stays up. Oh the hypocrisy of the left is astounding.

See the post by Liberty. The real deal is that the right, even the extreme right, do believe in free speech while the left only believe in "acceptable" free speech.

We tend to allow them to say what they want, even their constant self righteous rhetoric, while they scream like neutered cats at anything that makes them feel uncomfortable.

03Lightningrocks

ReverseTurtle wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:38 am
Grundy1133 wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:39 pm so much for your 1st amendment. i'd leave it up. and if they made me take it down sue the pants of someone for violating my 1st amendment rights.
The company that owns the board decided it didn't want it up, this has nothing to do with the 1st amendment.
Actually it does. Politically correct Nazi's are absolutely working to shut down all speach they don't like and they did it here through pressure on a sign company.

"Burkett Outdoor Advertising, the company that owns the billboard, said it was taking down the sign amid the uproar."
No, it doesn't. The board is private property. If someone came and put a "Republicans go home!" on your lawn, I'm sure you'd remove it.

I mean, this forum itself doesn't allow cuss words, or even words that sound like cuss words. I actually had a post changed the other day because of a word I used, a word that most people would not consider a cuss word, but yet it was removed. Does that go against my 1st amendment rights? I don't think so.
It is not even close to the proper analogy of my front yard. Someone did not just throw up that billboard with no permission. Every word and line on it was pre approved. They accepted payment(IN ADVANCE) for that exact signage. This is another example of leftists using cat noises to cause free speech to be drowned out.

As for the forum, how much are you paying to be here? Nothing as best I know. The forum is similar to my front yard and Charles has every right to control content.

BBYC

Post by BBYC »

It is a free speech issue. However, it's not a First Amendment issue if the government is not involved.
God, grant me serenity to accept the things I can't change
Courage to change the things I can
And the firepower to make a difference.

ReverseTurtle

Post by ReverseTurtle »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:25 pm

It is not even close to the proper analogy of my front yard. Someone did not just throw up that billboard with no permission. Every word and line on it was pre approved. They accepted payment(IN ADVANCE) for that exact signage. This is another example of leftists using cat noises to cause free speech to be drowned out.

As for the forum, how much are you paying to be here? Nothing as best I know. The forum is similar to my front yard and Charles has every right to control content.
And so does Burkett Outdoor Advertising. Also, you're assuming the person that decided to pull the board is the one that approved it. To make the analogy a bit more fitting, imagine your wife okayed a sign in your front yard, someone offered to pay here $200 and she took it. Should you not be able to decide you want it taken down because you don't like what it says?

Any way you look at it, it's not a 1st amendment issue. It's not really even a free speech issue. Burkett is allowed free speech and they decided they didn't want their billboards to say that. That's what it boils down to. OP can find another board to post one on.

03Lightningrocks

ReverseTurtle wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:25 pm

And so does Burkett Outdoor Advertising. Also, you're assuming the person that decided to pull the board is the one that approved it. To make the analogy a bit more fitting, imagine your wife okayed a sign in your front yard, someone offered to pay here $200 and she took it. Should you not be able to decide you want it taken down because you don't like what it says?
You are really not even close but at this point I have realized you don't want to get it.

ReverseTurtle

Post by ReverseTurtle »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:31 pm
ReverseTurtle wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:25 pm

You are really not even close but at this point I have realized you don't want to get it.
Okay bud.

"The company that owns the board decided it didn't want it up, this has nothing to do with the 1st amendment."

There's not much more to get. This has nothing to do with the first amendment or free speech.
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
I'm not sure privately owned billboards are in there, maybe I missed something?

03Lightningrocks

ReverseTurtle wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:58 pm
Okay bud.

"The company that owns the board decided it didn't want it up, this has nothing to do with the 1st amendment."

There's not much more to get. This has nothing to do with the first amendment or free speech.
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
I'm not sure privately owned billboards are in there, maybe I missed something?
I really was not trying to trigger you. My bad but the reason the company took down the billboard had nothing to do with anything other than caterwauling by free speech nazis on the left.
This is the exact reason THEY gave. I was not guessing here like you are doing. I read the actual article and it plainly states why they took it down.
"Burkett Outdoor Advertising, the company that owns the billboard, said it was taking down the sign amid the uproar." They gave in to political pressure from leftist.

Arguing all the straw man arguments you present would be easy but pointless.

I am done trying to awoke you though. So be good.

03Lightningrocks

BBYC wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:15 pm It is a free speech issue. However, it's not a First Amendment issue if the government is not involved.
:hurry: :iagree:

03Lightningrocks

apostate wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:43 pm Which one of you is responsible for this?

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/06/19/te ... e.amp.html
It would be cool for someone to put up a billboard on their own like this. Too expensive I am sure but I would donate to that gofundme in a second.

Return to “Off-Topic”