Any cigar smokers?

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Odinvalknir
Posts in topic: 4

Any cigar smokers?

Post by Odinvalknir »

So I have of late been interested in trying out some cigars. One of my favorite YouTubers to watch did a entire video with Dennis Prager over cigars. And I was wondering if there was any cigar smokers Among Us here.

J.R.@A&M
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Any cigar smokers?

Post by J.R.@A&M »

Odinvalknir wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:43 pm So I have of late been interested in trying out some cigars. One of my favorite YouTubers to watch did a entire video with Dennis Prager over cigars. And I was wondering if there was any cigar smokers Among Us here.
Used to smoke a dozen or so a year, mainly in the deer camp. I effectively stopped when I gave up my deer lease. Other prohibitive influences are: 1) when it comes to economizing on vices, I would rather spend the money on good wine v. a good cigar; 2) my internal medicine guy wore me down by repeating all the business about greater risk of mouth, throat, esophageal, etc. cancer from smoking cigars. Sorta took the fun out of it.
“Always liked me a sidearm with some heft.” Boss Spearman in Open Range.

Weg
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Weg »

I smoke a few a week, Padrone 2000 is my go to, cigar smoke and the smell of burnt powder blend well..

RottenApple

Post by RottenApple »

I occasionally smoke one. Drew Estates Java Mint is my current favorite.

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

Mild: Romeo & Julieta
Medium: Most anything from Arturo Fuente is nice.
Bold: Ashton VSG

I'm not one to follow the crowd, or give in to hype.... Cohiba Cubanos are the best cigars anywhere, IMO, if you can get them.
Cigar buddy brought me back 2 from his Cuba trip a few months ago.. Saving one for cooler weather.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Topic author
Odinvalknir
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Odinvalknir »

I have been thinking about maybe picking one up for the 4th of July. I smoke cigarettes daily but a stogie is a little bit different. I don't have much knowledge really other than the ones handed out at my buddy's wedding or just if somebody offers me one. There is a cigar shop local to me down the road in Webster Texas that I might stop into and check out.

RHenriksen

Post by RHenriksen »

Padron 1964!
I'll quit carrying a gun when they make murder and armed robbery illegal

Houston Technology Consulting
soup-to-nuts IT infrastructure design, deployment, and support for SMBs

Deitz83

Post by Deitz83 »

I pulled back on my smoking due to gun purchases. I smoked a number a day for years. I love Cuban cigars and single malt.

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

Odinvalknir wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:08 pm I have been thinking about maybe picking one up for the 4th of July. I smoke cigarettes daily but a stogie is a little bit different. I don't have much knowledge really other than the ones handed out at my buddy's wedding or just if somebody offers me one. There is a cigar shop local to me down the road in Webster Texas that I might stop into and check out.
Cigars are like wine. What tastes good to me might be no bueno for you and vice versa. Try some, figure out what you like. There's no wrong answer. Some people like Swisher Sweets. I'll pass on those, TYVM.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Rokyudai

Post by Rokyudai »

RoyGBiv wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:16 pm Mild: Romeo & Julieta
Medium: Most anything from Arturo Fuente is nice.
Bold: Ashton VSG

I'm not one to follow the crowd, or give in to hype.... Cohiba Cubanos are the best cigars anywhere, IMO, if you can get them.
Cigar buddy brought me back 2 from his Cuba trip a few months ago.. Saving one for cooler weather.
Prager is awesome for both his philosophies on life and cigars. Like Roy offered, I’ll add Davidoff and for the special occasion- The Opus X!
NRA Benefactor Member

rmoraes

Post by rmoraes »

B"H
I started in 2002, first twice a year to several a week. The best cigar is the one you like most. Period.
I love Montecristo Platinum series, even do Im a purist for Dominican. Cubans are over rated, and Cohiba are excellent.
I use jrcigars.com for needs.
Rick KG5VKX
NRA Life Member - NRA Pistol Instructor
Glock and Sig Sauer Armorer

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

I was an avid cigar smoker for years.

My favorite: The regular line - Padron Maduro 2000/3000 and on occasion 4000.

The 'Smoke Ring' in Webster...excellent, cigar choices and people.

I know (or used to) everyone who were customers. At that point, I smoked at least 3 to 5 cigars a day. Every day. The customers ranged from ordinary joes, to symphonic conductors, politicians, MD's, Kinky Friedman, cops from uniform to detective, gourmet chefs, champion shotgunners, and on and on. Everyone a good guy. Women didn't come in often, except when accompanied by husband or boyfriend. Some women talk a good game of how much they like cigars, but it was my experience they just wanted to fit in...I never encountered a real 'honest to goodness' female cigar smoker.

I can't smoke anymore and haven't for plus 5 years. So, I don't go anymore.

This is how much I miss it: I have dreams of smoking cigars.

Of course, it wasn't just the smoking of cigars, which was paramount, but the company was almost always terrific.

PUCKER
Posts in topic: 3

Post by PUCKER »

Abraham wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:43 pm Women didn't come in often, except when accompanied by husband or boyfriend. Some women talk a good game of how much they like cigars, but it was my experience they just wanted to fit in...I never encountered a real 'honest to goodness' female cigar smoker.
They exist - albeit sightings are rare! :tiphat: My buddy's wife LOVES cigars, so does their daughter - and most of the family!

Return to “Off-Topic”