Independence Day: your thoughts

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
bblhd672
Posts in topic: 2

Independence Day: your thoughts

Post by bblhd672 »

Every July 4th the past few years I have posted the text of the Declaration of Independence on my Facebook page, not only because I believe in its ideals but because it represents why we became a nation apart from others.
I get emotional when I think about this great country, our good deeds lift my spirit, our failures and bad actions set my will to see us be great.
The naysayers, the chronically complainers and those who despise our ideals of freedom and liberty cannot grasp the concepts that make American the shining light on the hill. Our light may have dimmed the last few years and our enemies may believe they are close to victory, but I do sense a flicker of a renewed flame of freedom and liberty. Whether that ember flares into a roaring fire of American greatness or consumes us in yet another brother against brother war is to be determined. My hope, my dream is that Americans, true believers in the Constitutional Republic will awaken and throw off the bounds of the elitists in government, media, academia and entertainment who do not believe in American the Beautiful.
This Independence Day remember the sacrifices made by those who went before us from the 1770's to the 2010's. Remember the flag isn't a piece of cloth that represents racism, sexism or any other negative connotation the left wants to assign it. The flag represents the best of what America has done in this world and will continue to do as long as she exists as a Republic.
God bless you all. God bless America. :patriot:

The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

oljames3

Re: Independence Day: your thoughts

Post by oljames3 »

Amen. Against all enemies, foreign and domestic.
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

WildBill
Posts in topic: 1

Post by WildBill »

oljames3 wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:13 pm Amen. Against all enemies, foreign and domestic.
:patriot:
NRA Endowment Member

Take Down Sicko

Post by Take Down Sicko »

Here is a 35 minute walkthru of the Statue of Liberty. https://www2.bing.com/videos/search?q=s ... ORM=VRDGAR

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

My youngest son would have turned 49 years old tomorrow.

Take Down Sicko

Post by Take Down Sicko »

Oldgringo wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:06 pm My youngest son would have turned 49 years old tomorrow.
Very sorry for your lose OldGringo. May your son rest in heaven never to depart from God's presents forever.

OlBill

Post by OlBill »

Oldgringo wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:06 pm My youngest son would have turned 49 years old tomorrow.
I am truly sorry for your loss. I wish no parent would ever have to bury a child.

OlBill

Post by OlBill »

I realize it won't be popular, but I'm at the point where I believe I'll start celebrating March 2nd instead of July 4th.

Texas has been good to me.

oljames3

Post by oljames3 »

OlBill wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:31 pm I realize it won't be popular, but I'm at the point where I believe I'll start celebrating March 2nd instead of July 4th.

Texas has been good to me.
In my family, we celebrate both.
:patriot: :txflag:
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

skeathley

Post by skeathley »

Remember, that the battle at Lexington and Concord ("the shot heard 'round the world") was brought on by the first effort in the new world at gun control.

That didn't work out so well for the Brits.

:fire :fire :fire
Texas LTC Instructor / RSO / SSC
Viet Nam Veteran: 25th Infantry, Cu Chi
https://mckinneyfirearmstraining.com

OneGun

Post by OneGun »

Happy Birthday America! Thank you to service people past and present for keeping our country safe.

God Bless the USA!!

Amen!
Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!

Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Pawpaw »

Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

skeathley wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:35 pm Remember, that the battle at Lexington and Concord ("the shot heard 'round the world") was brought on by the first effort in the new world at gun control.

That didn't work out so well for the Brits.

:fire :fire :fire
Interesting fact, the british military controlled most of the population centers but the populace and militia had the countryside, nothing moved out of the cities without being under the gun!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

Topic author
bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. — That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Return to “Off-Topic”