Android Phone Randomly Goes Directly to Voicemail

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
G26ster
Posts in topic: 10

Android Phone Randomly Goes Directly to Voicemail

Post by G26ster »

I have no setting that would direct this (that I know of), but my incoming Android phone calls seems to go directly to voicemail, randomly, just sitting in my pocket. Doesn't happen all the time, but enough to be annoying. If I use another phone to call my cell, it rings just fine. Can anyone shed any light on this?

TreyHouston
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Android Phone Randomly Goes Directly to Voicemail

Post by TreyHouston »

Sounds like a reception problem. Does it happen everywhere or just in one place? This will occasionally happen to everyone, if its too often, you might have a broken internal antenna. Lastly, you know you can send someone a VM without calling them? Could have a bug or virus.
Problem solved- get an Iphone.
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

chamberc
Posts in topic: 3

Post by chamberc »

This is most likely a reception issue. If you want tons more problems, switch to iCrap, if you want a phone that works, and isn't 5 years behind in technology, stick with Android.
NRA Life Member
TSRA Life Member
LTC since 2000
http://www.texas3006.com

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

chamberc wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:35 pm This is most likely a reception issue. If you want tons more problems, switch to iCrap, if you want a phone that works, and isn't 5 years behind in technology, stick with Android.
Indeed, a friend of mine has the same issue with her iphone.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Flightmare wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:36 pm
chamberc wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:35 pm This is most likely a reception issue. If you want tons more problems, switch to iCrap, if you want a phone that works, and isn't 5 years behind in technology, stick with Android.
Uhhh...... check the title of this thread.....

I’ve used iPhones for years and never had a single issue with any of them. However, here is my suggestion as to what’s happening......

IF HE HAD AN IPHONE.....When an incoming call “wakes” an iPhone, you have options to either answer the call, OR to send it to voicemail. My working theory would be that something about the way the phone is sitting in his pocket is causing the “send to voicemail” option to be pushed.

[sarcasm]But, as we know from the title of the thread, the OP’s phone is not an iPhone, it’s a Andrdoid phone - which according to chamberc and flightmare isn’t “iCrap”, and therefore is bug free. The OP must be imagining his problem. Either that, or he’s unaware that his Android phone is really an iPhone in disguise. :roll:[/sarcasm]
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

chamberc

Post by chamberc »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:29 pm
Flightmare wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:36 pm
Uhhh...... check the title of this thread.....

I’ve used iPhones for years and never had a single issue with any of them. However, here is my suggestion as to what’s happening......

IF HE HAD AN IPHONE.....When an incoming call “wakes” an iPhone, you have options to either answer the call, OR to send it to voicemail. My working theory would be that something about the way the phone is sitting in his pocket is causing the “send to voicemail” option to be pushed.

[sarcasm]But, as we know from the title of the thread, the OP’s phone is not an iPhone, it’s a Andrdoid phone - which according to chamberc and flightmare isn’t “iCrap”, and therefore is bug free. The OP must be imagining his problem. Either that, or he’s unaware that his Android phone is really an iPhone in disguise. :roll:[/sarcasm]
No one said or implied he had an iPhone.
NRA Life Member
TSRA Life Member
LTC since 2000

Topic author
G26ster

Post by G26ster »

My Android said it was sick at heart it wasn't an Iphone. And, it did not know why it was malfunctioning. It said it "could be" a subconcious effort to get me to convert it to an Iphone, but it wasnt sure. I got this response speaking directly into the mic! As a side note it also added that it wanted me to switch from Glock to 1911, from 9mm to.45, and never go near a Hi-point. But, in the end it requested that only those interested in helping it go back to normal respond to this thread. IOW, it wants to get well and is not interested in another "polymer vs. steel" type war when it comes to phones. :mrgreen: [Sarcasm off]

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

I have an iPhone 7; before that an IPhone 5 preceded by an iPhone 3. With every one of them I have had the same thing happen where randomly an incoming call goes straight to voicemail. People I know who are hardcore Android users have had the same issue.
No smartphone is without glitches, nor is any telecommunications company’s equipment and infrastructure.
I will guess a signal issue that has nothing to do with your phone.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Abraham
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Abraham »

You're better off doing without such phones unless of course you're addicted to them as many, many are.

I've never had one and live quite phone problem free...

rotor

Post by rotor »

Topic author
G26ster

Post by G26ster »

rotor wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:53 am Try this
https://www.urtech.ca/2015/10/solved-sa ... voicemail/
Thanks. Tried that page before. No help. And, some of the menu items do not appear on my device, and it is up to date.

G.A. Heath
Posts in topic: 2

Post by G.A. Heath »

There is a method where telemarketers and others can bypass your phone and get themselves sent directly to voicemail. If you are receiving voicemails you would normally ignore then this may be your issue. https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/03/busi ... keter.html
How do you explain a dog named Sauer without first telling the story of a Puppy named Sig?
R.I.P. Sig, 08/21/2019 - 11/18/2019

Topic author
G26ster

Post by G26ster »

G.A. Heath wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:28 am There is a method where telemarketers and others can bypass your phone and get themselves sent directly to voicemail. If you are receiving voicemails you would normally ignore then this may be your issue. https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/03/busi ... keter.html
Thanks. None of the missed calls were from telemarketers. All have been important calls, and that's why I'm so frustrated.

chamberc

Post by chamberc »

Who is your carrier? Sprint & T-Mobile and increasingly AT&T are not reliable in the DFW area... (work with about 9000 mobile devices on all carriers in the DFW area).
NRA Life Member
TSRA Life Member
LTC since 2000

G.A. Heath
Posts in topic: 2

Post by G.A. Heath »

Now that is weird, perhaps you can find an app to monitor your connection to your carrier and see if it is having any intermittent issues.
How do you explain a dog named Sauer without first telling the story of a Puppy named Sig?
R.I.P. Sig, 08/21/2019 - 11/18/2019

Return to “Off-Topic”