TX: Houston Methodist Doctor murdered by man on bike

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 19

Re: TX: Houston Methodist Doctor murdered by man on bike

Post by philip964 »

https://www.click2houston.com/news/man- ... police-say

Police have issued an arrest order in murder of doctor.

Man with a 20 year grudge after his mother died in surgery.

Good work police detectives. Sounds like a tip from video.

He can’t be found as apostate suspected.

Acevedo held a press conference to announce the arrest warrant.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... octor.html Picked up by U.K. press already.

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 2

Post by The Annoyed Man »

THEY’VE IDENTIFIED HIM!!!! http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/08/01/su ... octor.html
Suspect identified in murder of George H.W. Bush's former doctor
Houston Police announced Wednesday they had identified a suspect in the murder of a prominent cardiologist who once treated former President George H.W. Bush.

Police Chief Art Acevedo told reporters that an arrest warrant had been issued for 65-year-old Joseph James Pappas, who investigators believe shot and killed Dr. Mark Hausknecht as he rode his bicycle to work on the morning of July 20.

SNIP......

Investigators believe that Pappas held a grudge against Hausknecht after his mother died while the doctor was operating on her more than two decades earlier. Acevedo said that officers had searched Pappas' home Tuesday night and obtained additional evidence tying him to the murder.

"We believe that this absolutely is the killer," Acevedo said.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Easypick
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Easypick »

Dr. Hausknecht helped me get my first FAA special issuance many years ago. He went above and beyond to get me approved. This suspect only focused on one issue that had a poor outcome. The doctor had done much more for people than me, but I will always remember how he helped me fulfill a dream to fly again.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.click2houston.com/news/what ... -pappas-ii

Former Deputy.

Wanted to have a CHL academy.

No mention so far of LTC.

Scott B.
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Scott B. »

Believe he was a local IDPA shooter too, at least back in the day.
LTC / SSC Instructor. NRA - Instructor, CRSO, Life Member.
Sig pistol/rifle & Glock armorer | FFL 07/02 SOT

PriestTheRunner

Post by PriestTheRunner »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:05 pm THEY’VE IDENTIFIED HIM!!!! http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/08/01/su ... octor.html
Suspect identified in murder of George H.W. Bush's former doctor
Houston Police announced Wednesday they had identified a suspect in the murder of a prominent cardiologist who once treated former President George H.W. Bush.

Police Chief Art Acevedo told reporters that an arrest warrant had been issued for 65-year-old Joseph James Pappas, who investigators believe shot and killed Dr. Mark Hausknecht as he rode his bicycle to work on the morning of July 20.

SNIP......

Investigators believe that Pappas held a grudge against Hausknecht after his mother died while the doctor was operating on her more than two decades earlier. Acevedo said that officers had searched Pappas' home Tuesday night and obtained additional evidence tying him to the murder.

"We believe that this absolutely is the killer," Acevedo said.
It would be nice if we would wait and see what evidence is presented before the court of public opinion crucifies him. It is quite possible that they merely found someone with enough motive for them to decide "he is our guy". If they go to his house and find additional evidence, then sure, but listed as a suspect does NOT equal guilty.

It would be great if we would hold out and not assume people are guilty until proven innocent. That trend is dangerous.... It has happened before where motive has been found and a suspect pursued without any actual evidence beyond the motive.

Also important to note, It seems I had a post very similar to this in this very thread that was completed deleted as far as I can tell. Gone from my listed posts. Maybe it never really posted, but I refreshed the page and it was present... If something I said needs to be moderated, then at least message me, otherwise it would be great to comment or discuss everyone's opinion. Silencing those we disagree with is a tactic of the left, and not a healthy one.

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

[/quote]

Also important to note, It seems I had a post very similar to this in this very thread that was completed deleted as far as I can tell. Gone from my listed posts. Maybe it never really posted, but I refreshed the page and it was present... If something I said needs to be moderated, then at least message me, otherwise it would be great to comment or discuss everyone's opinion. Silencing those we disagree with is a tactic of the left, and not a healthy one.
[/quote]

PTR,
I have never had any of my posts, deleted, or edited, without receiving notification, of the reason. (the only posts I have had deleted were, in conjunction with a whole thread being removed) I do know that if you post something, and someone has posted, on the same topic, before yours is complete, it will require re-submission. I have been a member here, for over two years, and have never seen posts deleted, for someone posting opinions the moderators, or other members disagreed with, unless there were personal attacks, or other rule violations, contained within.

This forum, is my favorite place to be, because, it allows for differing opinions, but does not allow, the disagreements, to become personal attacks. The members, and moderators, are not only pro 2A, but also pro 1A, and are not prone to censorship. Since I am not a moderator, I can't definitely say that your post was not removed, but, I do know that computers, web sites, etc, are prone to have glitches, on occasion, and it's possible that your post simply got caught in one. :tiphat:
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

jason812

Post by jason812 »

PriestTheRunner wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:00 am

It would be nice if we would wait and see what evidence is presented before the court of public opinion crucifies him. It is quite possible that they merely found someone with enough motive for them to decide "he is our guy". If they go to his house and find additional evidence, then sure, but listed as a suspect does NOT equal guilty.

That was my thoughts. The Houston police cheif seems mighty proud and bombastic that they have identified the suspect. Then to point out he's suicidal and if he commits suicide, the police department wants the body. That's just odd. Can you imagine if this guy does "commit suicide" how many conspiracy theories there will be? It almost seems as if HPD is writing the ending to this before it happens.

Is there more video footage or pictures of this guy on the bicycle? From what I've seen, you can't identify him from what has been released. Of course the guy hasn't came forward to say it wasn't him which gives the illusion of guilt but I don't know what I would do if I were falsely accused of a crime and knew the cops were looking for me.

Conspiracy theory: He's already "committed suicide" and Art's buddies with Clinton ties are waiting for the body to thaw so the case can be closed.
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

Jusme wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:06 am

[/quote]

PTR,
I have never had any of my posts, deleted, or edited, without receiving notification, of the reason. (the only posts I have had deleted were, in conjunction with a whole thread being removed) I do know that if you post something, and someone has posted, on the same topic, before yours is complete, it will require re-submission. I have been a member here, for over two years, and have never seen posts deleted, for someone posting opinions the moderators, or other members disagreed with, unless there were personal attacks, or other rule violations, contained within.

This forum, is my favorite place to be, because, it allows for differing opinions, but does not allow, the disagreements, to become personal attacks. The members, and moderators, are not only pro 2A, but also pro 1A, and are not prone to censorship. Since I am not a moderator, I can't definitely say that your post was not removed, but, I do know that computers, web sites, etc, are prone to have glitches, on occasion, and it's possible that your post simply got caught in one. :tiphat:
[/quote]

I have been a member for a long time. I post a lot. I have had posts removed usually for one reason: to racy. Sometimes my link has material that is not family oriented. I always get a private message. Every time.

Now sometimes I think a post has been taken down. But in fact what happened is I did not hit submit before leaving the page. It is an easy mistake to make. Hard for me to wrap my mind around, much easier for me to think that I was censored, but yeah, that is what occurred.

And yes everyone is innocent until proven guilty. We all did jump on the guilty bandwagon on this murder as soon as we heard. The arrest warrant even made ABC's national news yesterday.

Scott B.

Post by Scott B. »

Scott B. wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:42 pm Believe he was a local IDPA shooter too, at least back in the day.
Can confirm the suspect was a local IDPA club shooter back in the late-90s early aughts. Hopefully, he'll be located without further loss of life.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.click2houston.com/news/man- ... otary-says

Transferred the deed to his house to a woman in Ohio one day before the shooting.

Deltaboy

Post by Deltaboy »

Houston PD just wants this case closed to get the Heat off them.
I 'm just an Ole Sinner saved by Grace and Smith & Wesson.

Scott B.

Post by Scott B. »

I'm sure they want the case closed so that justice may be served.

Return to “The Crime Blotter”