Can Beto O’Rourke really beat Ted Cruz?

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

DEB
Posts in topic: 5

Re: Can Beto O’Rourke really beat Ted Cruz?

Post by DEB »

Flightmare wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:06 am
RicoTX wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:59 am
bblhd672 wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:28 am Elected Republicans in Washington better find the intestinal fortitude to beat back the Democrats lies and obstructions to confirm Kavanaugh or the mid-terms are likely to result in their voters staying home.
Just a reminder to everyone here that if you plan on not voting at all, I would not say so in this forum... you will be informed by a few members that you basically voted for a Democrat.
:roll:
While I won't go so far as to say that staying home is voting for democrats; I will encourage everyone to vote. My position is that if you do not vote, you're letting everyone else decide how your government is run for you. I have assumed personal responsibility for my own safety, as many on this forum have. I say we should also assume responsibility for our own government. Some may decide to stay home in this election for various reasons. Some may think that the results will just go the way they want. Just like not carrying your firearm, I hope you guess right. The consequences of guessing wrong when you could have made a difference are something you will have to live with. So please, if you're not already registered to vote...go do so. It's not too late.
This :iagree: Vote. I have a Daughter-in-Law that is a hardcore Democrat and my Son, God Bless him, is a Libertarian. :grumble They often say that their votes do not count and so why vote? I always tell them to vote, don't care for who, but Vote! Many Americans have given their all to afford you that privilege, don't squander that right like it is nothing. My wife, who is Korean and raised within a Dictatorship, even if it was a Dictatorship she supported, tells them the difference between being afforded a true right, versus a right to vote for who your told to vote for. VOTE! Hopefully everyone will vote Republican, but if not at least you voted and have some skin in the game.
Unless we keep the barbarian virtues, gaining the civilized ones will be of little avail. Oversentimentality, oversoftness, washiness, and mushiness are the great dangers of this age and of this people." Teddy Roosevelt"
DEB=Daniel E Bertram
U.S. Army Retired, (Sapper). VFW Life Member.

Paladin
Posts in topic: 15

Post by Paladin »

Since want to keep my guns, I just sent Ted Cruz's campaign another check.

All those wealthly New York City Beto donors and Beto signs made me do it. Talk about carpetbagging!
Last edited by Paladin on Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

striker55
Posts in topic: 5

Post by striker55 »

philip964 wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:24 am
striker55 wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:03 am I see quite a few signs for Beto none for Cruz in my neighborhood.
Don’t you feel if you put a Cruz sign in your front yard, you’d get a rock through your window.
I'd put a Cruz sign in my front yard but not spending $35 to get one, he'll have my vote.

der Teufel
Posts in topic: 1

Post by der Teufel »

striker55 wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:23 pm I'd put a Cruz sign in my front yard but not spending $35 to get one, he'll have my vote.
Normally I have the same attitude. However, here in Central Texas, the plethora of Beto signs kind of ticks me off. My wife & I drove into Austin to visit the Cruz campaign headquarters and gave them $50 in exchange for a couple of yard signs.

I figure it's almost as good as a "Protected by Smith & Wesson" sign … :biggrinjester:
A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition. — Rudyard Kipling
NRA Endowment Member
TSRA Life Member

Topic author
The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 33

Post by The Annoyed Man »

I have (again) changed my keyboard preferences so that the word “beto” is automatically replaced by “Irish Bob O’Rourke”. I know that does nothing for others, but it makes me feel better about the fact that a yutz like Irish Bob can get as far as he’s gotten in the state of Texas. Here’s my observation of local yard signs and bumper stickers. I see about 20x as many NRA and USMC window/bumper stickers on vehicles in my area as I do “beto” window/bumper stickers and yard signs combined. Add in the Cruz yard signs, and Irish Bob O’Rourke is fixin’ to get an old fashioned beat down in this district come November.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Flightmare
Posts in topic: 32

Post by Flightmare »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:31 pm I have (again) changed my keyboard preferences so that the word “beto” is automatically replaced by “Irish Bob O’Rourke”. I know that does nothing for others, but it makes me feel better about the fact that a yutz like Irish Bob can get as far as he’s gotten in the state of Texas. Here’s my observation of local yard signs and bumper stickers. I see about 20x as many NRA and USMC window/bumper stickers on vehicles in my area as I do “beto” window/bumper stickers and yard signs combined. Add in the Cruz yard signs, and Irish Bob O’Rourke is fixin’ to get an old fashioned beat down in this district come November.
You and I may live in areas where it is highly unlikely for O'Rourke to win, but do not forget that this is a state-wide election. Every vote counts! I believe the outcome of this election will be telling to the democrats. The question is, what message is Texas wanting to send? Is it that Texas is starting to lean towards the left? Or that Texas is far more right leaning than their polls led them to believe? I personally would enjoy a sequel to the November 2016 meltdown we saw from the press/pundits.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 27

Post by RoyGBiv »

striker55 wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:23 pm I'd put a Cruz sign in my front yard but not spending $35 to get one, he'll have my vote.
I purchased mine on his web site for about $18 including shipping.
My blood pressure went down a bit after seeing a few others popping up in the neighborhood over the past week.

https://secure.tedcruz.org/yard-sign
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

flowrie
Posts in topic: 2

Post by flowrie »

Have two Cruz signs in the yard ( I live on a corner lot).
Got my signs at the Denton County GOP HQ, $5 each for the plastic type signs.
The paper signs were free ( should last unti Nov).
Bumper/window stickers were free.
Thin blue line window stickers were free.
Google GOP HQ for your county and call them and ask if they have signs and how much.

Many more Cruz signs going up in my area! Looking good!
Former NRA Life Member
1911 fan

Nuts
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Nuts »

My 10 year old has become a good political activist. He’s volunteering for 2 republican campaigns in fort bend county. He’s got my yard full of signs but he keeps his Crus and Abbott signs are in his bedroom window so they can’t be stolen.

Bitter Clinger
Banned
Posts in topic: 31

Post by Bitter Clinger »

Paladin wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:49 pm Since want to keep my guns, I just sent Ted Cruz's campaign another check.

All those wealthly New York City Beto donors and and Beto signs made me do it. Talk about carpetbagging!
I just sent in another contribution. I dedicated it to philbo :smilelol5:
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

Crossroads
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Crossroads »

Sent donation to Cruz. Ready for early voting
:txflag:
Neither a wise man or a brave man lies down on the tracks of history to wait for the train of the future to run over him.

philip964
Posts in topic: 103

Post by philip964 »

Campaign for Beto poster shows him on a skateboard.

puma guy
Posts in topic: 6

Post by puma guy »

I received a very colorful post card from Beto & Bell with a picture of a cute schnauzer on the from and #TXDreamTeam at the bottom. On the back is encouragement to vote early for Beto and a salutation; "Thank You", a smiley face and signed Kim from NYC. She must be the north Texas Dream Team. "rlol" I wrote Return to Sender.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 36

Post by bblhd672 »

Saw first Cruz yard sign yesterday.

Had a little extra cash left at the end of the week, sent some to Cruz, some to SG Ammo.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Topic author
The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 33

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Projected results
Projected results
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”