Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Tex1961
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Shortest gun range visit ever

Post by Tex1961 »

Crossroads wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:04 pm Reviews of Local Range
by Culo Tonto Autofoto
0 ☆☆☆☆☆
So happy we can finally give 0 star reviews. This range has the most aggressive and unfriendly RSOs, at least I think that's what he called himself. I dunno. They walk around like they own the place watching everyone like some creepy pervs. Anyway me and my friend rented a 50 cal bmg hand cannon thingy and it was really cool. So, I take my phone out to take some great selfies for my IG, follow me @xXculotontoautofoto1999Xx, and this RSO dude jumps me, breaks my wrist, and dry humps me for no reason. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY HERE. Unfriendly staff didn't even give me a refund.
Better to buy your own gun and shoot in your garage. Just as good as a range.
Apparently he didn't learn a lesson....

flechero

Post by flechero »

WOW! He's the kind of guy that would then sue the range if he shot his buddy, if they hadn't of stopped him. :shock:

They should post the security video as the response.

PriestTheRunner
Posts in topic: 1

Post by PriestTheRunner »

Tex1961 wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:40 am
Crossroads wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:04 pm....
I'm betting Crossroad's post was satire. Apparently it was very good satire! :lol:
Just realistic enough to make you wonder.

Crossroads

Post by Crossroads »

PriestTheRunner wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:37 am
I'm betting Crossroad's post was satire. Apparently it was very good satire! :lol:
Yes it was satire :lol:
Neither a wise man or a brave man lies down on the tracks of history to wait for the train of the future to run over him.

Tex1961

Post by Tex1961 »

Crossroads wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:52 am
LOL.... Good one... Didn't even catch that.... But it's early... Guess my vitamins and coffee haven't kicked in yet...

TexasCajun

Post by TexasCajun »

Yes, the guy committed some egregious errors. And quick action by the RSO most likely prevented a tragedy. But I'm a bit confused by all of the 'ban that guy' talk. Once things have settled down, I'd explain to him exactly what he did wrong and try to help him get better. He's obviously excited about the prospect of shooting, but clearly doesn't have much understanding or education when it comes to safety. Isn't it our job to help grow the shooting sports and spread the message of firearms safety? That guy would be a prime candidate. Kicking him to the curb doesn't do us or him any good.
Opinions expressed are subject to change without notice.
NRA TSRA TFC CHL: 9/22/12, PSC Member: 10/2012

Maxwell

Post by Maxwell »

WTR wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:06 pm
C-dub wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:55 pm Holy smokes!!!

And he might be banned from there forever. If owned the place I would ban him and his entire family and any unborn children, grandchildren, and so on forever.
Why would you ban this idiot. This episode needs to be used as a teaching moment so that it never happens again. I've had similar done to me at academy with a sales person looking on! No ammo luckily.
When I sold firearms I took guns away from people being stupid, and I knew the guns were unloaded because I had just cleared it.
I never let schooling interfere with my education. Mark Twain

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

by Culo Tonto Autofoto
0 ☆☆☆☆☆
So happy we can finally give 0 star reviews. This range has the most aggressive and unfriendly RSOs, at least I think that's what he called himself. I dunno. They walk around like they own the place watching everyone like some creepy pervs. Anyway me and my friend rented a 50 cal bmg hand cannon thingy and it was really cool. So, I take my phone out to take some great selfies for my IG, follow me @xXculotontoautofoto1999Xx, and this RSO dude jumps me, breaks my wrist, and dry humps me for no reason. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY HERE. Unfriendly staff didn't even give me a refund.
:lol::
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

C-dub
Posts in topic: 3

Post by C-dub »

TexasCajun wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:38 am Yes, the guy committed some egregious errors. And quick action by the RSO most likely prevented a tragedy. But I'm a bit confused by all of the 'ban that guy' talk.
Because you can’t fix stupid. Ignorance, maybe, but not stupidity.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

by Culo Tonto Autofoto
0 ☆☆☆☆☆
Perfect example of why we should read online reviews with considerable discernment. Very seldom do we get the other side of the story.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

TexasCajun wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:38 am Yes, the guy committed some egregious errors. And quick action by the RSO most likely prevented a tragedy. But I'm a bit confused by all of the 'ban that guy' talk. Once things have settled down, I'd explain to him exactly what he did wrong and try to help him get better. He's obviously excited about the prospect of shooting, but clearly doesn't have much understanding or education when it comes to safety. Isn't it our job to help grow the shooting sports and spread the message of firearms safety? That guy would be a prime candidate. Kicking him to the curb doesn't do us or him any good.
I respectfully disagree, although I do understand your point.

These egregious errors were potentially deadly, not just stupid. I'm trying to think of a reasonable analogy, but can't come up with one. Maybe putting on a blindfold and driving a car through a playground? Simply put, this guy should never touch a gun again until he has undergone extensive training and has proven that he understands the seriousness of holding a loaded gun. I'm not sure that your average gun range is equipped to provide this level of remedial training.

If I owned this range, and I had the training resources available, I might tell this guy, and his friend, that they would be allowed on the range again, only after they had paid for and received training by my staff on gun safety and had demonstrated their ability to act like responsible adults on the range. Even then, for their first 5 or 6 live fire sessions, I might require that they reserve, and pay for, all of the shooting lanes so they do not put anyone else in danger. I highly doubt that the type of people who are capable of the behavior shown in that video would be open to this offer, but I might decide to at least give them the choice.

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

Crossroads wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:52 am
I did not see or recognize this as satire. I figured someone that could do something so stupid could post such a review.

Discernment is still key and I'm not always the most discerning.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

Radio host Michael Berry is saying its from Topgun Range here in Houston, Texas.

Just think these guys are walking around Houston.

Pete92FS

Post by Pete92FS »

Channel 13 had it on the news tonight. It was at Top Gun range; supposedly during a new shooters class.
CHL since 01/26/09

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

Pete92FS wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:34 am Channel 13 had it on the news tonight. It was at Top Gun range; supposedly during a new shooters class.
That would explain why the RSO was watching them so closely. I've been to that range, although not in the last couple years.

I remember them being kind of picky about some things. For example, when I asked them how much the 9mm Winchester Ranger ammo was, they told me I could only buy it if I was LE, since it said "LE only" on the box. I told them I was just wanting to do a price check since I had just bought several boxes online.

Return to “Never Again!!”