Are you voting in the 2018 Midterms?

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Are you voting in the 2018 Midterm?

Poll ended at Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:04 pm

Yes
30%
No
1%
Yes - All Republican
60%
Yes - All Democrat
No votes
Yes - Mixed Party
6%
Yes - Third Party
2%

Total votes: 134

Topic author
remanifest
Posts in topic: 4

Are you voting in the 2018 Midterms?

Post by remanifest »

Just trying to gauge the participation of members of this forum!
"They will not force us, and they will stop degrading us. They will not control us, and we will be victorious. Rise up and take the power back. We have to unify and watch our flag ascend."
- Muse - Uprising

Jusme
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Are you voting in the 2018 Midterms?

Post by Jusme »

Early voting starts Monday, I'm there as soon as I get off work.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

jason812

Post by jason812 »

Republican with a Dem opponent, Republican
Republican with a Libertarian only opponent, Libertarian
Republican unopposed, blank

General election I will support the Republicans, primaries I vote against the rhinos.
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

For the first time ever, I plan to vote a straight ticket. On Monday, first day of early voting. I'll be sure to use my LTC for the required photo ID.

'Murica!
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

I will be voting in at least one race.

My rule is that I only vote in races where I know something about the positions of at least one candidate, and I also have a basic understanding of the position they are running for. So I usually vote in about half the races, sometimes less.

I will definitely be voting for the Hispanic candidate for US Senator. That much I know for sure. We have way too many White Irishmen in Washington already!

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

remanifest wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:04 pm Just trying to gauge the participation of members of this forum!
For your poll to be accurate you have to assume that members who are not motivated enough to vote will be motivated enough to respond to this poll. That could be a potential flaw.

rotor
Posts in topic: 3

Post by rotor »

jason812 wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:20 pm Republican with a Dem opponent, Republican

General election I will support the Republicans, primaries I vote against the rhinos.
So, what about the senate? Republican with a democratic and libertarian candidate. I hope for Cruz.

jason812

Post by jason812 »

rotor wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:36 pm
jason812 wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:20 pm Republican with a Dem opponent, Republican

So, what about the senate? Republican with a democratic and libertarian candidate. I hope for Cruz.
Having a democratic opponent is an automatic Republican vote for me whether there is a Libertarian running or not. I would love to vote straight Libertarian but this time around the Republicans need all the votes they can.
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

twomillenium

Post by twomillenium »

RoyGBiv wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:08 pm For the first time ever, I plan to vote a straight ticket. On Monday, first day of early voting. I'll be sure to use my LTC for the required photo ID.

'Murica!
Speaking as an Election Judge, that should not make any difference nor cause any concern or care, as long as it is valid.
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

rotor

Post by rotor »

jason812 wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:54 pm
rotor wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:36 pm

Having a democratic opponent is an automatic Republican vote for me whether there is a Libertarian running or not. I would love to vote straight Libertarian but this time around the Republicans need all the votes they can.
:tiphat:

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

Vote straight, vote more with your friends and family.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

flechero
Posts in topic: 2

Post by flechero »

Soccerdad1995 wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:11 pm I will be voting in at least one race.

My rule is that I only vote in races where I know something about the positions of at least one candidate, and I also have a basic understanding of the position they are running for. So I usually vote in about half the races, sometimes less.

I will definitely be voting for the Hispanic candidate for US Senator. That much I know for sure. We have way too many White Irishmen in Washington already!
I had the same rule in years past and then dedicated about 1-2 hours reviewing the races, figuring the least I could do as a citizen of this great nation was to get informed and vote on all the races I could.

This year, I'm not worried about it... we need straight Rep voting- we need to send a clear message to the dems. Beat the dems first and then work to clean up our own house!
:tiphat:

Soldev
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Soldev »

Yes, I'm voting for all Republicans with the exception of "Public Lands Commissioner of Texas" where i'm opting for Libertarian Matt Piña.
During the Republican primary election I voted for Jerry Patterson but George P. Bush won and I'm not liking what he's planning for the Alamo.
Texas License To Carry Instructor
NRA Pistol Instructor & NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Benefactor Life Member

PriestTheRunner

Post by PriestTheRunner »

Soldev wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:12 pm Yes, I'm voting for all Republicans with the exception of "Public Lands Commissioner of Texas" where i'm opting for Libertarian Matt Piña.
During the Republican primary election I voted for Jerry Patterson but George P. Bush won and I'm not liking what he's planning for the Alamo.
+1. That is the only reason I'm not voting straight ticket. I can't stomach G.P. Bush and the "Re-Imagine the Alamo" garbage.

jason812

Post by jason812 »

PriestTheRunner wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:25 pm
Soldev wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:12 pm Yes, I'm voting for all Republicans with the exception of "Public Lands Commissioner of Texas" where i'm opting for Libertarian Matt Piña.
+1. That is the only reason I'm not voting straight ticket. I can't stomach G.P. Bush and the "Re-Imagine the Alamo" garbage.
I forgot that this was the one Republican I refuse to vote for. I also will be voting for Piña.

Return to “Off-Topic”