Carry at Trump Cruz rally in Houston on Monday

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 5

Carry at Trump Cruz rally in Houston on Monday

Post by philip964 »

So Ted and Donald are getting together for a big rally in Houston this Monday at 6:30.

Trump is handling the tickets in his website. Free. First come first serve. No limit to number of tickets, but max 18,000 seats.

Lots of don’t bring items mentioned, but no mention of licensed concealed carry.

Is that just understood or is the Toyota Center posted already.

twomillenium
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Carry at Trump Cruz rally in Houston on Monday

Post by twomillenium »

I would assume since the POTUS will be in attendance firearms would not be allowed.
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

twomillenium wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:14 pm I would assume since the POTUS will be in attendance firearms would not be allowed.
I heard on the radio (740 AM I think) that because the Secret Service was there no firearms would be allowed. They didn't cite the policy or statute.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

They mention selfie sticks and detachable lenses, but not handguns.

Is this a avoid a news story in the press?

AF-Odin

Post by AF-Odin »

Just like the NRA convention in Dallas, when the POTUS is there, Secret service makes the rules. No concealed or open carry in the venue where the POTUS is.
AF-Odin
Texas LTC, SSC & FRC Instructor
NRA Pistol, Home Firearms Safety, Personal Protection in the Home Instructor & RSO
NRA & TSRA Life Member

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

philip964 wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:46 pm So Ted and Donald are getting together for a big rally in Houston this Monday at 6:30.

Trump is handling the tickets in his website. Free. First come first serve. No limit to number of tickets, but max 18,000 seats.

Lots of don’t bring items mentioned, but no mention of licensed concealed carry.

Read somewhere on the interwebs tonight that there was over 70,000 requests for tickets
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

bblhd672 wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:41 pm
philip964 wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:46 pm So Ted and Donald are getting together for a big rally in Houston this Monday at 6:30.

Read somewhere on the interwebs tonight that there was over 70,000 requests for tickets
I’m surprised it’s not a NRG Stadium, they could fill it.

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

AF-Odin wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:40 pm Just like the NRA convention in Dallas, when the POTUS is there, Secret service makes the rules. No concealed or open carry in the venue where the POTUS is.
Correct.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

RHenriksen

Post by RHenriksen »

bblhd672 wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:41 pm Read somewhere on the interwebs tonight that there was over 70,000 requests for tickets
Yes, but some number of those were requested by Democrats who were hoping to reserve tickets, not show up, and have the rally look half full. One such person proudly offered me her tickets (typical bitter/angry leftist).
I'll quit carrying a gun when they make murder and armed robbery illegal

Houston Technology Consulting
soup-to-nuts IT infrastructure design, deployment, and support for SMBs

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

Toyota Center posted. Saw the sign as I came in tonight.

Every seat taken. Supposedly 20,000 outside.

Deplorable girls choir.
Dr. Ed Young
Gov. Greg Abbott
Senator John Cronyn
Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick
Laura and Eric Trump
Teleprinters coming out
So far.

Trump’s largest crowd yet.

BBYC

Post by BBYC »

I'm glad I didn't waste my time.
God, grant me serenity to accept the things I can't change
Courage to change the things I can
And the firepower to make a difference.

Gunguy21

Post by Gunguy21 »

Does anyone know what law they use to enforce this, or is it just common knowledge? I’ve heard the same thing, it’s just interesting that they aren’t required to post signs or anything of the sort.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

Gunguy21 wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:52 pm Does anyone know what law they use to enforce this, or is it just common knowledge? I’ve heard the same thing, it’s just interesting that they aren’t required to post signs or anything of the sort.
Building is posted.

PriestTheRunner

Post by PriestTheRunner »

Gunguy21 wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:52 pm Does anyone know what law they use to enforce this, or is it just common knowledge? I’ve heard the same thing, it’s just interesting that they aren’t required to post signs or anything of the sort.
Federal law gives the Secret Service the authority. As others noted, this came up at the Republican convention in 2016:

"Title 18 United States Code Sections 3056 and 1752 provides the Secret Service authority to preclude firearms from entering sites visited by our protectees, including those located in open-carry states," Secret Service spokesman Robert K. Hoback said in a statement. "Only authorized law enforcement personnel working in conjunction with the Secret Service for a particular event may carry a firearm inside of the protected site."
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the ... d37ba48074

1752 in part:
(B)  of a building or grounds where the President or other person protected by the Secret Service is or will be temporarily visiting;  or
(C)  of a building or grounds so restricted in conjunction with an event designated as a special event of national significance; ...

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

I will be voting for both men, but I'm not a big enough fan of either to give up my RKBA just to see them speak in person.

Return to “Off-Topic”