Stopping the invasion?

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Stopping the invasion?

Post by Beiruty »

swilkes wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:21 am We need to do something, seems like I heard there was another group starting to march from Venezuela.. or Guatemala.
Venezuela is collapsing.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

jason812
Posts in topic: 2

Post by jason812 »

Beiruty wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:52 pm Lay mines and double barbed wires. Like the rest of the world do. Do you think the border between NK is SK is protected with a low ranch fence? Or any other country for that matter.
You forgot the high voltage electric fence in between the barbed wire and manned guard posts ready to dispatch any people trying to get through just in case the fence didn't work. I have seen that in other places around the world and wondered why the US doesn't have a fence like that.
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

The Posse Comitatus does not apply in this circumstance, that is intended for preventing military use on American Citizens! This is an invading army! They may not be armed but they are an army just the same! Look at the pictures, it consist mostly of young males of military age, the military's job is to defend against an invasion! Time to use it and whatever other means we have to stop them from crossing into these United States!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

oljames3

Post by oljames3 »

US Northern Command has a good synopsis of the Posse Comitatus Act.
Section 1385 of Title 18, United States Code (USC), states:

“Whoever, except in cases and under circumstances expressly authorized by the Constitution or Act of Congress, willfully uses any part of the Army or Air Force as a posse comitatus or otherwise to execute the laws shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than two years, or both.”
http://www.northcom.mil/Newsroom/Fact-S ... tatus-act/
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

Once again this is an foriegn invading force and not American citizens!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

Lynyrd

Post by Lynyrd »

Here is another perspective on this group of people from reporters on the ground.

https://www.judicialwatch.org/blog/2018 ... lla-trump/
Besides gang members and mobs of young angry men, the Central American caravan making its way into the United States also consists of Africans, Bangladeshis, Sri Lankans and Indians
Guatemala is overwhelmed with the sudden onslaught and immigration officials confirmed 1,700 migrants have been returned to Honduras on buses. The first wave of migrants totaled about 4,000, according to Guatemalan government sources, followed by a second, less organized group of about 2,000. The impoverished Central American nation needs help, including logistical, communications and civil affairs support to stop the human caravans. “There are only so many resources we can dedicate to this,” said Guatemalan Secretary of Strategic Intelligence Mario Duarte. Guatemalans are getting robbed and crimes are being committed by the people in the caravans, Duarte said.
Make no mistake, many of these people are not peaceful. I am fully on board with using our Military to stop this planned invasion of our country.
Do what you say you're gonna do.

BBYC
Posts in topic: 1

Post by BBYC »

It looks like we may find out if the US military will protect the country from foreign invasion or advance the interests of multinational corporations and the 1%.
God, grant me serenity to accept the things I can't change
Courage to change the things I can
And the firepower to make a difference.

Abraham
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Abraham »

The multinational corporations/1% who do I assume you mean, want illegal aliens for their cheap labor and the corporations increased profit margins? Certain about that?

If the U.S. military doesn't keep the howling, illegal alien mob at bay from breaching our borders, I think a whole bunch of civilians may take up the task...it'll be mighty ugly if that happens.

Grumpy1993

Post by Grumpy1993 »

Be the change you wish to see in the world.
Bonnen Lied
Gun Rights Died

Abraham
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Abraham »

Wait, hold up, I just realized the title of this thread.

What invasion?

A bunch of pathetic, non-military types hope to invade...get real...

OK, try this: Try to invade my home...what, didn't happen....why might that be...?

Not going to happen, unless you think I won't resist....

Oh, but you're morally right, you of male military age with few females, yeah I'm fooled...

BOOM, bye...

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

Lynyrd wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:03 pm Here is another perspective on this group of people from reporters on the ground.

https://www.judicialwatch.org/blog/2018 ... lla-trump/
Besides gang members and mobs of young angry men, the Central American caravan making its way into the United States also consists of Africans, Bangladeshis, Sri Lankans and Indians
Guatemala is overwhelmed with the sudden onslaught and immigration officials confirmed 1,700 migrants have been returned to Honduras on buses. The first wave of migrants totaled about 4,000, according to Guatemalan government sources, followed by a second, less organized group of about 2,000. The impoverished Central American nation needs help, including logistical, communications and civil affairs support to stop the human caravans. “There are only so many resources we can dedicate to this,” said Guatemalan Secretary of Strategic Intelligence Mario Duarte. Guatemalans are getting robbed and crimes are being committed by the people in the caravans, Duarte said.
Make no mistake, many of these people are not peaceful. I am fully on board with using our Military to stop this planned invasion of our country.
If Guatemala needs assistance to stop the invasion of their nation they should ask for it. Better to stop it there than on our border.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Abraham wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:01 pm Wait, hold up, I just realized the title of this thread.

What invasion?

A bunch of pathetic, non-military types hope to invade...get real...

OK, try this: Try to invade my home...what, didn't happen....why might that be...?

Not going to happen, unless you think I won't resist....

Oh, but you're morally right, you of male military age with few females, yeah I'm fooled...

BOOM, bye...
To put things in context, this caravan is being reported as anywhere from about 7500 men, to 14000 men. The 1st Infantry Division has about 15000 active duty personnel, of which maybe a third or half are actual ground combat infantry troops. The rest are transportation, air assets, artilllery, armor, etc. In other words, this caravan of invaders is roughly between the size of an infantry brigade, and an infantry division. Now, as that is sinking in, consider that they are at least 99% young men of fighting age, and that some percentage of those have been previously deported for criminal activity.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Lynyrd

Post by Lynyrd »

A few fake bombs were delivered, and just like that the media quit talking about the invaders headed for Texas.
Do what you say you're gonna do.

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

Lynyrd wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:03 pm A few fake bombs were delivered, and just like that the media quit talking about the invaders headed for Texas.
You can only concoct a blame-Trump story around one of those. The other is a solidly, irrefutably Democrat failure.

I know you knew that. I just wanted to say it out loud. :lol:
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

G26ster

Post by G26ster »

The troops will be useless. Can you imagine being ordered to stop an advancing army of men - "but dont hurt anyone!" If any measures are taken to prevent the advance using non-lethal means, the only images you will see in the media will be women and children immersed in tear gas, choking! The only way to stop the advance is to make crossing impossible, which in itself is impossible. This will not end well.

Return to “Off-Topic”