Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
RPBrown
Posts in topic: 1

What a wife I have

Post by RPBrown »

I love my wife
My wife came in last night and handed me a bag, a rather heavy bag for it's size. I opened it up and inside there was a brand new Rock Island FS 2 tone 1911, never fired and still in the case and plastic covered in grease :woohoo . She told me it was a just because gift. She had bought on sale she said and I tend to believe her because she doesn't buy anything that isn't on sale. I think it was "just because" I built her a green house for her pond plants and warm weather pond fish but not sure :mrgreen:
After the normal hugs and thank you's, I told her to get dressed and we were going to dinner so I didn't get to clean it yet but I foresee that in my very near future.
BTW, did I tell you I love my wife.
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

flechero

Re: What a wife I have

Post by flechero »

Congrats!! She gets you!!

My most prized 1911 was also a gift from my wife! I would have accused you of being married to my sister in law but my wife is an only child! :lol:

rob777

Post by rob777 »

:thewave
"Rescue the weak and the needy; deliver them from the hand of the wicked.”

kayt00

Post by kayt00 »

I as well am extremely blessed to have such an amazing bride. She had known since we started dating that a 1911 was on my radar but never really had the opportunity (funds) to purchase one. Then one day I come home for lunch and I there's a random .45 cartridge sitting on the bar between the kitchen and the living room. Having no recollection of possessing that particular ammo (Federal Syntec which reminds me of little lipstick tubes due to the read bullet) I looked at my wife and she just looked at me shyly never saying a word. Being the tidy guy that I am when it comes to ammo I walked the stray cartridge to the bedroom where I discovered that the love of my life had purchased for me not only a Kimber pro-carry II in stainless, but a Kimber Ultra Carry CSE as well...not one but two!!! :woohoo I only asked why and she simply replied "Because you deserve it". :cryin
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Nevermind...
All lost in a tragic kayaking incident.
Bring back BitterClinger

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

You’ve got one of those too!

The wife, I mean. :thumbs2:
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Lena

Post by Lena »

Sounds great when married the best I got was a Randall & Ralph Bone knifes, still have the Bone, had a way too good offer on the Randall. My 1911's were either hand me downs from dad or self bought.
Stay Safe

karder

Post by karder »

RPBrown wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:58 am I think it was "just because" I built her a green house for her pond plants and warm weather pond fish but not sure :mrgreen:
Nice! Sure beats an updated "to-do" list. :lol:
“While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they lose their virtue then will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader.” ― Samuel Adams

oljames3

Post by oljames3 »

RPBrown wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:58 am I love my wife
My wife came in last night and handed me a bag, a rather heavy bag for it's size. I opened it up and inside there was a brand new Rock Island FS 2 tone 1911, never fired and still in the case and plastic covered in grease :woohoo . She told me it was a just because gift. She had bought on sale she said and I tend to believe her because she doesn't buy anything that isn't on sale. I think it was "just because" I built her a green house for her pond plants and warm weather pond fish but not sure :mrgreen:
After the normal hugs and thank you's, I told her to get dressed and we were going to dinner so I didn't get to clean it yet but I foresee that in my very near future.
BTW, did I tell you I love my wife.
She's a keeper!
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

Deplorable lunatic since 2016

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”