Boulder, CO AWB

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
jb2012
Posts in topic: 2

Boulder, CO AWB

Post by jb2012 »

As you may or may not have heard, Boulder has passed an AWB that requires current owners to register with the Boulder PD, and bans future sales.
As this article states only some 80~ weapons have been registered, and the final date to comply is the end of December.

So the first thing I have to comment about is that aparrently there are no records kept, however they are issuing licenses for saud weapons. How is that not record keeping?

Second, what happened to “ex-post facto” laws? Under my understanding, you cannot retroactively create an object that would be illegal.

Why do we have to go through this bull-malarky daily? I’m afraid that this situation will only get much much worse before it ever gets better.

https://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/c ... eapons-ban

Topic author
jb2012

Re: Boulder, CO AWB

Post by jb2012 »

Also, how many of y’all are with me on never under any circumstances giving any of my guns up?

“From my cold dead hands”

jason812
Posts in topic: 1

Post by jason812 »

jb2012 wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:57 pm Also, how many of y’all are with me on never under any circumstances giving any of my guns up?

“From my cold dead hands”
:thumbs2:
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

Colorado is a 'blue' state thanks to Boulder, Denver and Greeley. Mary Jane is okay to these liberals but Annie Oakley ain't. That's just one more place where I have no further intentions of returning.

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

How does this effect me if I am traveling through and carrying my AR in the car?

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

carlson1 wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:46 pm How does this effect me if I am traveling through and carrying my AR in the car?
Don't speed and use your turn signals and they might not notice the AR? ;-)

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

Oldgringo wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:01 am
carlson1 wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:46 pm How does this effect me if I am traveling through and carrying my AR in the car?
Don't speed and use your turn signals and they might not notice the AR? ;-)
:thumbs2: We just went to Colorado for a funeral and I made sure I carried only 10 round mags. I get back home and someone told me that you can not have a loaded AR in the City of Denver.

It is hard to keep up with the different laws when traveling. :rules:

chasfm11

Post by chasfm11 »

RoadRunnerTR21 wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:39 am I was in the Denver area visiting family earlier this year and carried 15 round mags. It was my understanding that Boulder is the only city with a 10 round limitation.
:iagree: This may not be the definitive answer but it is the best information that I can find.
https://www.range365.com/magazine-capac ... ate#page-4

I carry in a small CO town near the NM border. I've seen OC there so I assume that it is more gun friendly than Boulder, which a Liberal hotbed
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

azul

Post by azul »

If the AR is loaded, it's easy peasy to deal with the wolves. Shoot. Shovel. Shut up.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”