First build completed, AR15

"A pistol is what you use to fight your way back to the rifle you never should have left behind!" Clint Smith, Thunder Ranch

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
Jago668
Posts in topic: 3

First build completed, AR15

Post by Jago668 »

Just finished my first AR15 build today, 300 blackout. I tested it today at the range, and got it zero'd in. Ran great and right on target. Just waiting on silencer to get out of ATF jail.

NRA Benefactor Member

cmgee67
Posts in topic: 1

Re: First build completed, AR15

Post by cmgee67 »

Way to go. They are really easy to build. Kind of like grown up legos. Glad it ran well for you. Your gonna love a suppressor on it. Shooting sun sonic 300blk is something else. At 100 yards you can literally hear the bullet impact a the target and the only noise you hear from the gun is the action cycling.

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Is it a 10”? I’ve got a .300 blackout that size. It makes quite a compact package. Even with the AAC can mounted, it’s no longer than a 16” carbine.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Topic author
Jago668

Post by Jago668 »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:53 pm Is it a 10”? I’ve got a .300 blackout that size. It makes quite a compact package. Even with the AAC can mounted, it’s no longer than a 16” carbine.
10.5" barrel from Faxon. It is indeed a small package, measured it at 25.5" oal fully collapsed. I might look into one of the pdw stocks at some point just to see what I could get it down to.
NRA Benefactor Member

jason812

Post by jason812 »

:thumbsup:
Looks good
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

montgomery

Post by montgomery »

Wow - are you saying you got the tax stamp on the SBR faster than the tax stamp for the suppressor?

MaduroBU

Post by MaduroBU »

Did you do a trust for the SBR and can? So far, I can't get anyone on mine.

Topic author
Jago668

Post by Jago668 »

montgomery wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:01 am Wow - are you saying you got the tax stamp on the SBR faster than the tax stamp for the suppressor?
No I put the paperwork in for the sbr in november of last year, and got the stamp in June this year. I held off on buying most of the actual parts for it until I got the stamp, so it just now got assembled. The silencer got filed first part of December this year, so going to be awhile on it I imagine.
MaduroBU wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 4:48 am Did you do a trust for the SBR and can? So far, I can't get anyone on mine.
Yes I did a trust for the sbr and silencer. I paper filed myself for the sbr, and used the silencershop kiosk thing for the silencer. Both are on the same trust. I'm not sure what you mean by you "can't get anyone one mine".
NRA Benefactor Member

Bitter Clinger
Banned

Post by Bitter Clinger »

Nice looking build! Time for a .300 BO range day! There must be quite a few here now in N. TX! :fire
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

Return to “Rifles & Shotguns”