Aliengear holsters.

Holsters, sights, magazines, etc.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
Flyincowboy
Posts in topic: 2

Aliengear holsters.

Post by Flyincowboy »

I am waiting for my ltc to be processed. I have been looking for good concealed holters. I am liking the aliengear shape shift holster. Has anyone had one of them and how did you like it?

Take Down Sicko
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Aliengear holsters.

Post by Take Down Sicko »

I have the Alien Gear 3.0 holster and it great. Most comfortable of the several IWB holster that i have. I dont have any experience with there newer ones your talking about.

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

Take Down Sicko wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:16 am I have the Alien Gear 3.0 holster and it great. Most comfortable of the several IWB holster that i have. I dont have any experience with there newer ones your talking about.
:iagree: Alien Gear 3.0 is my EDC concealed carry holster for my Shield. Going to get a Crossbreed IWB holster, lots of folks say good things about them too.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

longtooth

Post by longtooth »

bblhd672 wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 1:28 am
Take Down Sicko wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:16 am I have the Alien Gear 3.0 holster and it great. Most comfortable of the several IWB holster that i have. I dont have any experience with there newer ones your talking about.
:iagree: Alien Gear 3.0 is my EDC concealed carry holster for my Shield. Going to get a Crossbreed IWB holster, lots of folks say good things about them too.
Crossbreed is high quality gear. Since OC became law I have not used mine but still know by experience they are :thewave
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

Grundy1133
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Grundy1133 »

i have the shapeshift 4.0 starter kit. its pretty nice. 4 different configurations plus the desk/dash attachment. i primarily carry IWB but i have used the OWB slide set up and its still able to be concealed with a jacket or long shirt. i havent had any issues with them and the cool thing is that if you get a new gun you can buy a new shell or just trade your old one in. and their customer service has always been quick and helpful. this is just my personal experience. actual results may vary.
NRA Member

Tex1961

Post by Tex1961 »

Grundy1133 wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 7:41 am i have the shapeshift 4.0 starter kit. its pretty nice. 4 different configurations plus the desk/dash attachment. i primarily carry IWB but i have used the OWB slide set up and its still able to be concealed with a jacket or long shirt. i havent had any issues with them and the cool thing is that if you get a new gun you can buy a new shell or just trade your old one in. and their customer service has always been quick and helpful. this is just my personal experience. actual results may vary.
What he said
:iagree:

oljames3

Post by oljames3 »

Flyincowboy wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:58 pm I am waiting for my ltc to be processed. I have been looking for good concealed holters. I am liking the aliengear shape shift holster. Has anyone had one of them and how did you like it?
Personally, I do not like the Alien Gear products in general or the ShapeShift system in particular. However, this is not from personal experience, but rather from serious research. This just means Alien Gear is not right for me or mine. It may be right for you. Only you can tell.

A co-worker of mine, who has carried for less than a year and has not taken training yet, has the ShapeShift and likes it. Alien Gear has a YouTube channel with videos. https://www.youtube.com/user/AlienGearHolsters

For a different view, John Correia, of Active Self Protection, has a video discussing the Alien Gear ShapeShift.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yw2yY0N78u4

John also has videos discussing the qualities of a good holster.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ox7GrdjqRXk&t=5s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9xzBWg5c5k&t=392s

My 22 year old son carries his S&W M&P M2.0 Compact 9mm 4inch in a Bravo Concealment IWB holster.

My youngest brother carries his S&W M&P M2.0 Shield 9mm in a Raven Concealment IWB holster.

My 86 year old father carries his S&W M&P M2.0 Compact 9mm 4inch in a Safariland OWB 7TS ALS holster.

I carry my S&W M&P M2.0 9mm 5inch openly in a Safariland OWB 7TS ALS holster for both EDC and pistol competitions.

Two of the instructors I know well and can highly recommend carry their S&W M&P M2.0 Compact 9mm 4inch in Raven Concealment Morrigan IWB holsters. They use the Morrigan in USPSA matches. One is a Grand Master and the other is a Master in USPSA.

In carrying a handgun and choosing gear, it comes down to which risks we are willing to manage and which benefits matter most to us.

Have fun, be safe, and carry.
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

Grundy1133

Post by Grundy1133 »

Flyincowboy wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:58 pm
oljames3 wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:16 am
For a different view, John Correia, of Active Self Protection, has a video discussing the Alien Gear ShapeShift.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yw2yY0N78u4
I'm not an aliengear fan boy by any means. I have one and its comfortable and it works pretty well. is it over priced? maybe. idk tbh. i dont make holsers but that guys video right up front said he's biased because he had a friend who had a negative customer experience experience so that right away tells me his review isn't to be taken seriously. the IKEA of holsters isnt a really good comparison imo. it doesn't take much effort to change configurations. I actually can switch out all 4 without even reading the manual. Granted I had to do it a few times. Also he says that the shell is made of injection molded plastic... personally I would think injection molding would be better than press molding. to each their own on that front tho but he makes it sound as tho it's inferior. this guy just leaves a bad taste in my mouth altogether. it's a biased review from a guy who doesn't like aliengear due to an experience his buddy had... Im not saying get one or dont get one but dont let youtube videos or even us sway you. you're not truly ready to carry your firearm until you have a holster drawer full of different holsters anyway. :biggrinjester: you'll have to buy different ones until you find one you like. I have about 5-6 different holsters. a few kydex a few hybrids and even a leather one. I settled on aliengear because its the best one ive tried (so far). if you go the kydex route checkout www.onyour6designs.com their holsters are made in san antonio and ive had really good experiences with them. but honestly just experiment. you'll have to buy a few before you find one you like. the main issue i had with all kydex holsters i've had is that they tend to move around. i put on my clothes in the morning and my gun is at 9 o clock (south paw here). after a few hours im riding at about 8:30-7 o clock and have to go to the bathroom to readjust. with hybrids i dont have this problem. probably due to the fact that they require 2 belt clips and i guess the backing folds and conforms to my curves (ooh lala lol) and so it keeps the holster from moving anywhere. the only issue with hybrids are theyre a bit of a pain to put on in the morning. one thing i do like about hybrid is that with my alien gear (not sure about other hybrids) is that i can tuck in my shirt and still be concealed. i went to christmas with my polo shirt tucked in and no one ever knew i was carrying. with a kydex you cant really do that very well. but kydex holsters are nice for ease of maneuverability and theyre very slim line and light weight.

TL;DR - You'll end up buying multiple holsters before you find 'the one'
NRA Member

txhighlander

Post by txhighlander »

My experience with the shape shift was not pleasant, but their customer service was excellent. You will find sometime in the future you will have a bunch of holsters that just didn’t work for you and most of those are personal choices not bad products. Welcome to the forum.
Truth against the world

Tex1961

Post by Tex1961 »

They have a great return policy. So if you’re interested then try it. I have the shape shift and no complaints.

Grundy1133

Post by Grundy1133 »

Tex1961 wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 7:12 pm They have a great return policy. So if you’re interested then try it. I have the shape shift and no complaints.
i forgot about that! isnt their return policy like a month or 100 days or something along those lines?
NRA Member

cmgee67

Post by cmgee67 »

I’ve got an alien gear 2.0 and haven’t used it in close to two years. It was a comfortable holster and did its job but to me the quality was lacking. To me if your going with a hybrid holste go with crossbreed. I carried a Glock 19 in one for two years and it was fantastic. A friend of mine has carried his Glock 23 in his for 9 years. I since have changed to an all Kydex taco style iwb holster with pull the dot soft loops as I don’t trust plastic or metal clips. Plastic clips break and metal clips bend. I want my holster tied to me. I choose full Kydex for the following properties. It’s very strong and impervious to sweat and oils, it always holds it shape, cheap enough to replace when it does finally give up the ghost, and maintenance is as simply as running it under the faucet and drying it off. Of course you do have to make sure the screws are oiled because of sweat. The only downside to all Kydex in my opinion is it’s not as comfortable as leather not even close but there are always compromises in everything. Congrats on making the decision to get your LTC. Stay safe, shoot often, and carry on.

orangetx

Post by orangetx »

I was in your boat back in August, new LTC holder, and I went with AG 4.0 shapeshifter.
Glad I did. I see people make comments about this and that, and in the end, it was what felt good to me.
I like their IWB and OWB options the best. Appendix style don't care for it, and the paddle sticks out too far for my taste.
But its solid never had an issue, and knowing that *click* sound keeps it retained, I'm a happy customer.
Another one I rock when I want to dress nicely is the Versacarry OWB https://www.versacarry.com/decree-series/
Who’s interrupting my Kung Fu?!

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

txhighlander wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:48 pm You will find sometime in the future you will have a bunch of holsters that just didn’t work for you and most of those are personal choices not bad products.
Yep!! Most of us that have been doing this for a while have our own "dead holster drawers." I have 2 1/2 big ones.

Chas.

Return to “Holsters & Accessories”